Taylor Swift Had A Nightmare Night At Golden Globes

Mon, January 14, 2013 2:27pm EST by 41 Comments
Taylor Swift Mocked Golden Globes
Courtesy of NBC

From the moment Taylor arrived to the Golden Globes on Jan. 13, to the second she left, I felt horrible for her. Read on to find out why I felt like Taylor had everything fall apart around her!

When it rains, it pours for Taylor Swift. I can honestly say that I felt really sorry for the country singer on Jan. 13 because not only did she look at bit down in the dumps when she arrived solo to the Golden Globes right after her break up with Harry Styles, but she got made fun of AND lost to Adele.

Taylor Looked Sad On The Red Carpet

Taylor wore an eggplant mermaid Donna Karan Atelier gown. She seemed a bit sad even though she was showing off lots of skin. This was obviously to get her ex-boyfriend Harry’s attention but she didn’t look like her chipper self.

Taylor Was Mocked By Tina Fey & Amy Poehler

During one of their stints on stage, Tina goes: “You know what Taylor Swift? You stay away from Michael J Fox’s son!”

Amy then said: “Or go for it, go for it.” To which Tina responded: “She needs some ‘me’ time to think about herself.” Now that was awkward!

Taylor Lost To Adele & You Could Tell She Was Sad

Taylor wrote a song called “Safe and Sound” for The Hunger Games. She was up for Best Original Song against superstar Adele and well, Adele won for her James Bond theme song. But when the camera panned over to Taylor for her reaction, it was clear she wasn’t very happy for new mommy Adele. Some felt like Taylor should have been more gracious after they saw her sour expression.

Taylor Left The Globes By Herself Before The Ceremony Was Even Over

Taylor left the show early and HollywoodLife.com watched it happen. Could it have been because she lost to Adele and she was upset after being made fun of by the hosts in front of so many people? Or maybe Taylor had a prior engagement. Either way, it was clear that Jan. 13 was not Taylor’s night.

I can’t help but feel badly for her. I’m always rooting for Taylor and I just hope she stays strong and cuddles with her bestie, Meredith [the cat].

More Golden Globes on HollywoodLife.com:

1. Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lawrence & More: 2013 Golden Globe Awards Red Carpet
  2. Golden Globe Awards 2013 Live Stream — Watch Here
  3. 2013 Golden Globes Awards — Join Our Live Chat Right Here

shrek

Posted at 10:03 PM on August 5, 2014

hahaha..,
I’m so glad for adele . she should won it because she’s more talent and better way than her !!!!
she’s always full of herself and thinks that she’s the best or perfect and nobody is better than her,
she always makes people believe that she was victims but in fact , SHE’S NOT !!!!
go adele, I’m waiting for your next albums !!!

Posted at 5:27 AM on November 1, 2013

I think you know me, I like this 13econ1101, It’s a good post. May be u can go this way follow us.

チャンルー ネックレス

Posted at 1:30 AM on October 16, 2013

chan luu ターコイズ

Dominick

Posted at 7:27 PM on March 7, 2013

I’m sorry but it was Adele that is more talented. Her excitement is so genuine. AND THAT ACCENT you just can’t but adore her. Sorry Taylor Swift you need to grow up.

scott zaccagninin

Posted at 12:44 PM on January 17, 2013

If it was anyone other than Taylor who looked a little dissapointed noone would even be making an issue out of it. People love to make fun of and bully Taylor and it needs to stop. I love Tina and Amy but being rude to someone who is just getting over a breakup is not funny.

Tracy

Posted at 11:23 AM on January 16, 2013

BTW….Taylor Swift is “one,” of a group who wrote Hunger Games song. Adele completely wrote song for which award was received.

Tracy

Posted at 11:17 AM on January 16, 2013

Taylor Swift is a sore loser! She thought she had the award in the bag….NOT, ha!
Feel sorry for her her? I think not. She dates, writes scathing songs about men. Why is she always a victim? She’s not, that’s her gig!

Celina

Posted at 9:26 AM on January 15, 2013

Give her guys a break. She’s been having it rough the last few days and her reaction was completely natural. Haven’t YOU ever been disappointed your whole life before??? And to think that Tina Fey and Amy Poehler had the nerves to make fun of her for something serious and personal annoys me. They shouldn’t have done that.

marcfers18

Posted at 8:09 AM on January 15, 2013

karma is now running after taylor!!!

guest

Posted at 1:22 AM on January 15, 2013

People .. seriously ! did she actually think she was gonna win ? teens and pre-teens were not voting here .. And also in what world can she be compared to Adele ? every stinking year she wins some type of multiple award which i think she doesn’t really deserve , maybe one …. of all the great country singers she wins every year against Carrie Underwood . Miranda Lambert etc… Grammys for pop music with silly song like “we never ever gonna get back together ” … really !! I don’t hate the girl kinda liked her in the beginning but her songs are so similar every stinking year . like many says , she needs to grow up and sing better songs if she want to continue to be relevant .. She is famous now because of all those relationships she gets into and get dumped from !Totally Overrated now !

Tracy

Posted at 11:21 AM on January 16, 2013

Agreed!

Young Hollywood

Posted at 10:10 PM on January 14, 2013

What I mean I don’t feel bad for her.

shrek

Posted at 10:04 PM on August 5, 2014

me too.
Don’t feel bad for her !!!!

Zdnelson

Posted at 7:31 PM on January 14, 2013

Taylor wasn’t unhappy, the photo shows a split second after she’d been talking to a woman at the table. Besides, Taylor wrote the song with 3 other people, including The Civil Wars, if there was any sadness, it would be for them.

Shame on Tina Fey!!!!

Why does no one call out Harry Stiles for dating women in their thirties and even causing the breakup of one woman’s marriage– plus all his other sexual escapades and hard partying– but Tina Fey calls out Taylor Swift… for what? Dating two guys in a year? Why does Taylor get publicly humiliated? Double standard?

Discrimination, Tina fey! You should be ashamed!

gbtw

Posted at 8:10 PM on January 14, 2013

she didn’t get called out for dating two guys in a year! seriously, are you that clueless? okay, it has been two 18 year olds (may have been with one of them when he was 17), when she is a solid 4 years older… and, before that it was a steady stream with no stop… she just turned 23, yet she has had crashes and burns with a jonah brother, the breaking dawn actor, gyllenthal, john mayer, then the two 18 year olds… i mean, i know i’m forgetting people cuz i wasn’t really paying attn before… c’mon. honestly, i would feel totally GOOD ABOUT MYSELF if i were fey b/c someone needs to give taylor the hint that she needs to slow it the hell down.

Kristen's Evil Twin

Posted at 10:03 PM on January 14, 2013

@ gbtw: I agree.

Mia

Posted at 11:35 AM on January 16, 2013

Harry did not break their marriage it was all a rumor. Taylor could’ve been a little happy for Adele even if she had to fake it.

Blair

Posted at 9:33 AM on January 18, 2013

Umm…Taylor dates 2 guys in about 4 months! not 2 years. Where have you been? And comedians know no bounds in exploiting celebrities, so she shouldnt take it too personal. Don’t get me wrong, I dont hate Taylor or anything, but she’s getting a bad rep. and everyone is talking about it. She dates ALOT of men in Hollywood and then writes bad songs about them. Before she was rewarded for it, but now everyone scorns at it. Michael J Fox didnt even want her around his son, he said for her to back off because she would write a song about his son when they broke off. Its sad really.

Rachel

Posted at 7:13 PM on January 14, 2013

I don’t feel sorry for her. She got herself in her own mess. She’s in the public eye nothing will ever be private …. She chose that career path and she thrived for that Harry styles attention. And now it stuck her right In the a** again. Karma Taylor …. It’s karma ….

Zdnelson

Posted at 7:44 PM on January 14, 2013

I never even heard of this Harry guy until Taylor started dating him, same with most people I know. He’s the one who profited, not her. Also–everyone loved Jodie Foster’s wonderful speech–including her belief that an artist has a right to privacy and some kind of normal life–but you say that’s wrong?

Kristen's Evil Twin

Posted at 10:07 PM on January 14, 2013

@ Rachel: I agree,too.
I mean, she made her bed, she can lie in it. I got this in my inbox and had to stop and think: you said the same thing I did : Karma bit her in the @ss.
She got exactly what she deserved. She made these decisions to have these relationships and now she needs to be made to realize that there is no medal for speed-relationships.
All she has done is trashed her own future and her own reputation. A reputation is like an eggshell: once cracked, it can never be repaired.

aquarius64

Posted at 7:05 AM on January 15, 2013

@Kristen’s Evil Twin – words to live by. Kristen Stewart should take note.

shrek

Posted at 10:07 PM on August 5, 2014

yes, I agree with you .

shrek

Posted at 10:14 PM on August 5, 2014

I mean I agree kristen’s evil twin

Yolanda

Posted at 6:39 PM on January 14, 2013

I like Taylor but I love Adele. Let be realistic here. Personally I think that Taylor had no chance against Adele. For me Adele is a far more superior singer than Taylor. Adele deserved this award. I think that Tina and Amy are right on what they said.

Carlynn

Posted at 6:03 PM on January 14, 2013

Wow, I feel sorry for Taylor. I wish Amy and Tina never said anything. But I guess they were drunk. :L

FL

Posted at 5:46 PM on January 14, 2013

You know what, I’ve never been a fan and I also don’t want to be harsh on her but we have to be real here. She is 24, Adele 25 (or at least they’re going to be this year) and Taylor is just so immature. Her songs and just the way she behaves while performing them show that she is mentally stuck in high school and that beautiful dress is not helping …

Zdnelson

Posted at 7:55 PM on January 14, 2013

Adele sure didn’t give me the impression of being very mature, the goofy way she accepted her award. And letting yourself get pregnant when you’re not married, like Adele did? Where I come from, that’s pretty high school! And Katy Perry is older than both of them and boy is her music immature! But they all have their fans, so who cares.

gbtw

Posted at 8:18 PM on January 14, 2013

hahaha… i would’ve been right with you if it weren’t for the pregnant/marriage comment! you know a lot of people think marriage is a joke now, right? c’mon… but anyway… taylor is a freak. she’s boy crazy and delusional and waiting for the knight in shining armour… it’s sad, not cute. she seems like a psychopath. i honestly cannot imagine why any guy would ever date her? i mean… even with her figure and appearance, she comes across as so unsexy… it’s sad. she should just be a hermit for awhile and get some grit and character before she goes throwing herself around at boys and stuff.

guest

Posted at 1:08 AM on January 15, 2013

Are you serious ?? did you actually write that crap ? what century do live in ? “getting pregnant when you are not married ” …. B@tch please !!!!

tamia

Posted at 10:59 PM on January 16, 2013

Umm not realy

mvk

Posted at 4:02 PM on January 14, 2013

tina and amy said a lot of things they shouldn’t have. They don’t care who they hurt.

cris

Posted at 7:44 PM on January 14, 2013

i agree turned show off because of them. thought they very rude. i find nothing funny about putting people down

Kristen's Evil Twin

Posted at 10:09 PM on January 14, 2013

@mvk:
I agree: this was an awards show, NOT a roast.

stormyboo

Posted at 3:08 PM on January 14, 2013

Be a big girl, you want to have big girl experiences, you gotta take the good with the bad omg will she now write songs about the Golden Globes, and Amy and Tina and Adele??

Cupcakes

Posted at 3:03 PM on January 14, 2013

I really don’t like Taylor that much, but to count up all the things that have happened to her after her break up with Harry kinda does make me feel sorry

← Zayn Malik Bi†cн (@JustinBbyBieber)

Posted at 3:00 PM on January 14, 2013

Twinkle Twinkle “Innocent” SLUTY WHORE .. close your legs they are not a door !
God help her .. I dont know how she still have fans ..
truly she deserve anything ..

helen

Posted at 9:52 PM on January 14, 2013

WTF stupid girl, shut up and grow up, too much crap music aka bieber, one erection, fried your brain

BlackPurple

Posted at 2:52 PM on January 14, 2013

I felt very, very sorry for her :(

noam

Posted at 2:51 PM on January 14, 2013

i agree i feel sorry for her too. but i have to say that eventhough she looked quite sad she looked amazing !! the dress’ color fits her perfectly and it was a good change from all those white dresses of her.

BlackPurple