Celebs React To Jodie Foster’s Coming Out Speech At Golden Globes

Mon, January 14, 2013 7:30am EST by 15 Comments
Jodie Foster Golden Globes Speech
Getty

Teresa

Posted at 12:23 PM on January 22, 2013

They’re all going to hell in a handbasket.

Seorimicuaro

Posted at 5:32 AM on January 16, 2013

Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is great, as smartly as} the content!

Cyn

Posted at 11:26 AM on January 15, 2013

I always knew she was gay, I mean come on it not like she hid it all these years, we have heard about her lady loves in the past. Did she really think that we did not know. How can you like someone ( yes great actress, director, no doubt there) or respect them when they take us for fools.

tom

Posted at 7:43 PM on January 14, 2013

Am I missing something? I thought the award was for Lifetime achievemnt in her Film career yet she barely mentioned it! All she talked about was her private life and how she resents the intrusion of the public into her private life!! I don’t care about her sexual preference, I don’t care about anyones sexual preference, it is nice to know the people you respect for their craft and talent have healthy happy lives. We like to hear about their families and kids like we like to hear about our families and friends kids, we like to see beautiful wedding pictures, how that is considered invasive is beyond me. Now the paparazzi is something totally different. As to taking someones childhood, well you need to talk to the parents of these children whose parents offer them up to the movie.television world.

bilbo

Posted at 9:27 PM on January 14, 2013

I agree, it seemed a little angry. I don’t understand the celeb thought process. On one hand they wring thier hands that people watch their movies/tv shows in droves. Read thier books and so on. Love me, want me, buy me. Then in the same breath its do not bother me when you see me. Do fans/media cross the line at times , sure. But the path toward Demigod is not unknown in its nuisances.

TRACY123

Posted at 6:37 PM on January 14, 2013

“Icon”, well done. You young people don’t really know Jodie, but she has been acting since she was 3 and has done many great movies in her past, so be kind. HL that she is gay is so old, everyone with a brain knew that 20 years ago!

Karin Weller

Posted at 4:10 PM on January 14, 2013

Why does it matter what I or anyone else thinks about her sexual preference. She’s a wonderful person and I wish her all the happiness in the world.

Kandle23

Posted at 12:31 PM on January 14, 2013

If her coming out to Hollywood was yesterday, I just wonder how I came to know that years ago?

morekare

Posted at 11:51 AM on January 14, 2013

Jodie must be DESPERATE for work in Hollywood. She’s an old HAS-BEEN who has to pander to gay Hollywood for her work. She’s just plain WEIRD. I always thought she looked and talked like Michael Fox in drag.

Sarah-N

Posted at 11:34 AM on January 14, 2013

Old news HL, old news…! I knew she was gay for the past 10 years or so, and she probably was open about it way before that….! Anyways, it doesn’t matter if she’s gay or not, her speech was beautiful and she’s an amazing woman/actress!

abe

Posted at 11:16 AM on January 14, 2013

I REALLY ADORE DYKES LIKE HER…….

Jodi

Posted at 11:05 AM on January 14, 2013

Surprise, surprise! She has always looked like a dyke..

lilgrandma

Posted at 9:31 AM on January 14, 2013

EVERYBODY now this days are GAYS!! nothing new with this story!Nothing shocks us now!! nothing is news anymore too much out there!!

AW

Posted at 10:16 AM on January 14, 2013

The speech wasn’t about her being gay. She mentioned it but that is it. It was mostly about the lack of privacy in a celebrity’s life. The only coming out she did was tell the world she was single. That was supposed to be the shocker, but the media and people are turning it into something else. She didn’t “come out” the way people think she did. What she did, was be completely honest and tell the world what celebrities go through. She touched on a lot of subject, but it was a great speech. For gracious sake, she made A-listers male and female CRY. It was powerful and emotional.

J.T.

Posted at 11:19 PM on January 14, 2013

No, she said she did her “coming out” privately a long time ago. This was the first time she ever mentioned it publicly, whether “we all knew it” or not. Then she thanked her female ex-lover of 20 years. If you think she didn’t declare her lesbianism during that speech, you must have missed it.