The ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ star stunned in an elegant yet edgy updo for the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 13, 2013 in Beverly Hills, California–Here’s how to get the look with tips straight from Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend!
Jennifer Lawrence, 22, was a beautiful vision in an artfully crafted messy-chic ‘do that will surely be a hot new trend! The look was incredibly edgy and offset by a subtle makeup look that put all the focus on her baby blues.
How recreate Jennifer Lawrence’s Golden Globes hairstyle
We found out exactly how to recreate her gorgeous updo with tips straight from Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend. “When I saw Jennifer’s Dior Couture gown I immediately knew I wanted to pull her hair up to accentuate the amazing silhouette of the dress,” says Mark. Here are Mark’s tips for getting the look:
• I started by applying a large dollop of the Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse to her damp hair and dried with a diffuser attachment to encourage her natural curls.
• Next, I took random sections of hair and sprayed the Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray before wrapping the hair around a 1/2 inch curling iron to enhance the curls, and then sprayed Oribe Dry Texture spray all over and scrunched with my hands.
• Then, I took 3 to 4 inch sections of hair around the hairline and loosely braided them before pulling all the hair back into a low chignon and secured with bobby pins. • As always, I finished with the Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray to keep the hair in place all night.
How to recreate Jennifer’s makeup
Makeup artist Jillian Dempsey for L’Oréal Paris was inspired by the sleek, form-fitting red hot Christian Dior Haute Couture dress Jennifer wore paired with Chopard jewelry, Brian Atwood shoes and a Ferragamo clutch. Jillian explains, “I decided to play off the vibrancy of her poppy red dress with both warm and neutral hues.” Here’s the step by step:
• Prep skin with L’Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Primer ($12.95) to create a silky finish followed by L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup and Makeup Forever Shine On
• Dab the L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Color Lift Blush in Berry Lift under the cheekbone and blend outwards to create a health flush and highlight on the cheeks
• To create a rich effect and build dimension on the eye, blend and contour shades of warm gold and coffee using L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Army Brat 312
• Apply Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner in Black to create an exaggerated edge followed by multiple coats of black mascara for intense lashes with L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara in Blackest Black
• To lend a natural sheen to the lips, start with a pale pink stain like L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse Shine Stain by Colour Riche in 183 Pink Resistance then layer a nude lipstick over it, L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse by Colour Riche Luminous Lipcolour in 181 Sheer Linen.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU love the look? Sound off below!
— Jennifer Tzeses
More Golden Globes coverage on HollywoodLife.com:
- 2013 Golden Globes Awards — Join Our Live Chat Right Here
- Taylor Swift, Jennifer Lawrence & More: 2013 Golden Globe Awards Red Carpet
- 2013 Golden Globes Beauty: The Hottest Hair & Makeup