‘Vampire Diaries’ Planning Spin-Off Series, ‘The Originals’

Fri, January 11, 2013 4:19pm EDT by 55 Comments
Vampire Diaries Spin Off
Courtesy of The CW

Impulse

Posted at 7:21 PM on April 29, 2013

The episode the originals is what i am saying in my opinion a type of “What you are to expect” episode for the spin off show The Originals… I watched the episode and was COMPLETELY AMAZED!! I think The Originals are going to work out Great..

Gnahs

Posted at 3:10 AM on April 23, 2013

Wait, I just can believe this is happening. So does this mean Klaus and Hayley might end up being together? I can’t seem to believe this thought. This just can’t happen, it really can’t. If klaroline doesn’t end up together, I will not watch the show anymore because that will just ruin the entire show. WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS WHEN THE SHOW IS GETTING SO GOOD AND KLAROLINE IS FINALLY DEVELOPING SOME FEELINGS TOWARD EACH OTHER? WHY in the world? What the heck are they doing, trying to improve the show, but instead they’re ruining it. Because they try so hard to make it better, now it’s gonna end up being worse. Also, if they are gonna kill numerous main character, why don’t they just annihilate every character and end the show.. UGH!

LMD

Posted at 12:39 AM on April 28, 2013

I total agree

LMD

Posted at 12:41 AM on April 28, 2013

I totally agree

Aseem Das

Posted at 5:48 AM on July 14, 2013

Yeah…….
i am totally wtih you…. you got a point…..
the show will just get ruined…….
i just loved the devloping chemistry between Klaus and caroline man…… and now if thats gone… a very important part of the TVD will be ruined……..

Gnahs

Posted at 2:59 AM on April 23, 2013

In my opinion, it isn’t a very well-thought out idea because the vampire diaries evolves around the originals, meaning that if they are creating a separate show, what’s in it for vampire diaries? They might as well just end the vampire diaries. Also, Caroline and Klaus have a strong chemistry as opposed to Klaus and Hayley or Caroline and Tyler due to the fact that Caroline brings out the good in Klaus, and you can see behind those beautiful eyes of Joseph Morgan that he is sincere with Caroline. Then who’s going to bring down Silas without the alliance with the Originals? How is Klaus going to change without the person he loves, Caroline? There’s just too much to say. Words can’t express how much the ratings of the vampire diaries will go down without Klaus. And right now, CAROLINE AND KLAUS are the trend in vampire diaries because of Klaus’ unconditional love for Caroline. Ugh! It’s just frustrating to think that Caroline and Klaus might not end up together.

juju234

Posted at 7:49 PM on April 15, 2013

WHat ever happens Klaus should stay in vampire diaries…. now klaroline is the most popular ship even more then delena becz delena is not same anymore….. I prefer stelena now anywaysss klaroline should be more thhgts wht now many ppl r looking forward took hayle y was perfectfor Tyler.

Gnahs

Posted at 3:03 AM on April 23, 2013

I totally agree with you, Klaroline should be together and Klaus should stay in the show :(

Joana

Posted at 11:27 AM on March 15, 2013

Very bad idea!!! I just feel like it would ruin the entire Vampire Diaries storyline.. They better not!! In my opinion, Klaus as much I like him does not have what it takes to star a show by himself. Oh and that girl Hayley sucks!! Nobody cares about her. Klaus should just kill her!! I need Tyler back and I need Caroline to hook up with a good guy other than Matt.. I like Caroline and Stefan.. I’m tired of Stefan and Elena!!

sweet

Posted at 12:38 AM on July 29, 2013

Haley is pregnant with Klaus’s child THAT’S why they don’t kill her off

sneha

Posted at 2:59 AM on March 15, 2013

dont like it.. karlione forever.. how does hayley become the one for kalus??? she is not good enough for him

sweet

Posted at 12:41 AM on July 29, 2013

Haley is pregnant with kalus’s child that’s why they will continue in the spin-off!

penny

Posted at 6:59 AM on March 13, 2013

I think its a good idea but not if klaus and haley will die in TVD

Karoline For LIFE

Posted at 10:58 PM on March 3, 2013

It’s a greaaaaaaaaaaaaat idea

Jenny

Posted at 3:57 PM on February 24, 2013

this is actually not a good idea.. When I read this I just thought about Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice. This was a spin-off, too. There it was a perfect idea! But with The Vampire Diaries and the Originals thing would be too much, I think. I mean, why even do this? There cannot be a real reason for it except making more money..

Rose

Posted at 8:28 PM on February 23, 2013

I don’t think Klaus can be killed off since he is the one who sire the bloodline for all the main characters. If he was to be killed off how would the writers keep Stefan, Damon, Caroline…etc alive??? I’m guessing they would have to come up with a way to work that out somehow.

Tom

Posted at 12:02 PM on August 28, 2013

I agree wit ths

Bel Nigri

Posted at 10:28 PM on February 22, 2013

I like the idea of knowing more about The Originals, but I’m worried that the main show will be forgotten, or something like that. I don’t really like that idea, actually. Why can’t we just have Klaus and the Originals in Mystic Falls? I sort of feel like too many characters are being killed off, or taken away. I’m a little sad that The Vampire Diaries’ is losing characters.

rrrebekah

Posted at 12:43 AM on February 24, 2013

I’m sad too..I thought the spin-off was going to be either a summer filler while TVD was on hiatus, or a prequel of sorts to the main series, to give more history on the Original family. Too bad it isn’t… I’m thinking this Silas thing will last for awhile, meaning he’s the new “big bad” in town, thus pushing Klaus & co. out of Mystic Falls. I can’t imagine watching two completely different shows and having to possibly let go of Klaroline!

Kaity

Posted at 2:07 AM on February 15, 2013

I hate the whole idea! Money hungry Julie Plec is to blame!

Folake

Posted at 5:20 AM on February 14, 2013

i dnt think killing off any of the main characters sounds good to me. They all ve a part to play in keeping vampire dairies going.

Jean

Posted at 8:22 AM on February 9, 2013

Yes, i like so much Klaus and hope his tvshow will be great

monikuu

Posted at 10:41 PM on February 8, 2013

I need Klaus in TVD! What about Klaroline? T.T

Karam Simmons

Posted at 4:20 AM on February 7, 2013

it might be a good idea.as long as the plot and story lines are executed the right way, it should be just as good as the vampire diaries.

Areeba K (@areebak15)

Posted at 8:08 AM on January 17, 2013

NO. JUST NOOOOOOO.
THIS SOUNDS SO WRONG. WE NEED KLAUS IN THE VAMPIRE DIARIES DAMMIT.
AND KLAROLINE NEEDS TO HAPPEN. NOOOOOOOOOOO DAMMIT. UGHHH.

Vanessa<3

Posted at 9:41 AM on January 15, 2013

Yes…no more Klaroline!!! I love Phoebe Tonkin, although Hayley has not been as great character as I tought it would be…hopefully we can her character develop!!! I’m so gonna watch this show!!!