Both actresses debuted equally daring lip looks for the 18th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards at The Barker Hanger on January 10, 2013 in Santa Monica, California. Which shade do you love more? Sound off below!
Jennifer Lawrence, 22, was red hot in a bright fuchsia shade, while Emily Blunt, 29, went for a smoldering cherry red. Both lip looks were equally dramatic and created by Giorgio Armani Beauty makeup artists. Shades of bold red instantly brighten your eyes and dress up your entire look.
How to get the perfect red lip
Jennifer’s makeup look was all about “lips and lashes,” according to makeup artist Jillian Dempsey. Jillian chose a bold lip color and accentuated Jennifer’s eyes with voluminous mascara. She layered a grey taupe shadow on the upper lid and contoured the crease line with a deeper shade. Jillian then used a black cream liner to define the upper lash line and an espresso pencil liner to delineate the lower lashes.
Jillian’s key products for the look:
· Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in #400
· Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation
· Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara in Black
· Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in #4 Sand
· Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch
· Lancôme Liner Design in Black Fishnets
· Laura Mercier Eye Pencil in Special Brown
· Lorac Creamy Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde
Makeup artist Jenn Streicher wanted to Emily’s eyes simple with just a pop of color and lots of lashes. Bronzy, dewy skin and a vibrant red lip. “Once I saw the Miu Miu dress Emily was wearing my inspiration became a modern Veronica Lake,” she said.
· Giorgio Armani Maestro Eraser #4
· Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush – #6
· Giorgio Armani Brow Defining Pencil #2 Brown
· Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow – #5 Gold Blitz, #7 Sweet Fire
· Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro #503
· YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation in BD40
· YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils #1 High Density Black
· YSL Touche Éclat #2.5
· YSL Poudre Sur Mesure #3 Amber
– Jennifer Tzeses
HollywoodLifers, whose lips do YOU love more? Vote below!
More Awards Show Beauty:
- 2013 People Choice Awards Beauty: The Hottest Hair & Makeup
- Lea Michele’s Major PCAs Braided Updo: Hot Or Not? Vote
- Taylor Swift’s Stunning PCAs Updo & Bronze Eyeshadow