The beautiful ‘Les Mis’ star debuted a decorative ‘do for the 18th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards at Barker Hangar on January 10, 2013 in Santa Monica, California. Here’s how you can recreate the look with tips straight from her stylist!
Jenny Cho, Suave Professionals Celebrity Stylist created the unique twisted updo for Amanda Seyfried, 27. The style was inspired by her dress. “The blue lace that trickled up to her neckline inspired me to put her hair up in a fun updo,” says Jenny.
How to recreate Amanda Seyfried’s twisted Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Updo
1. For ultimate shine, start with new Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Shine Shampoo and Conditioner to gently cleanse and condition hair while smoothing the cuticle to make hair super shiny.
2. Apply Suave Professionals Volumizing Root Boost Spray to roots and layer a drop of new Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil to hands, emulsify and run thorough mid shaft to ends. Blow dry with a paddle brush.
3. Take a 1-1/2 inch wide section from the hair line and pull straight back to the top of the crown. Make a ponytail and tie with an elastic closest to your hair color. This will create a strong base for the look.
4. Pull front sides up to a high half up ponytail (do not secure yet). Starting with one side, pull up and across the center of the base point and make another pony, secure with elastic. Do the same on the other side. You’ll have three little ponytails on top of the crown area.
5. Gather all the loose ponytails into one and mist Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray all over hair. Twist and form a shape, pinning as you go to secure hair in place.
6. Pull the remaining hair in the back and make a ponytail right below your twisted knot, securing with an elastic. Mist hair spray all over and do the same as before, twisting and pinning as you go.
7. Finish with a light mist of hairspray over entire look to set.
HollwoodLifers, do YOU love Amanda’s intricate updo? Sound off!
— Jennifer Tzeses
- Amanda Seyfried’s Long, Luscious Locks: How To Get The Look
- Amanda Seyfried’s Smoky Eye And Braided Crown: Get The Look
- Amanda Seyfried V. Amy Adams: Battle Of The Retro Wave: Vote