Selena Gomez Dumped Justin Bieber After He Got Texts From Other Girls

Wed, January 9, 2013 9:58pm EDT by 66 Comments
Selena Gomez Break Up Justin Bieber
Bauer-Griffin

The cause of Selena’s blowout fight with Justin just before New Year’s Eve in Mexico has reportedly been revealed — and it seems to have been Justin’s inability to behave! Read on for all the details.

When Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber called it quits just before New Year’s Eve while on vacationing in Mexico, we wondered what it could have been that drove the tumultuous couple apart this time. A new report in Star magazine claims that Selena, 20, lost it when she found text from another girl on his phone!

“Selena saw texts from a girl on his phone and flipped out because he promised he’d behave,” an insider tells the magazine. “She flew black alone on Dec. 30.”

Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez’s Nasty Argument

As previously reported by Cindy Adams, Selena and Justin, 18, had been staying at El Rancho, a rented mansion in a gated community in Puerto Vallarta, before the fight. During the fight, which took place on the 30th, as well, Justin allegedly was quite nasty to Selena, saying things like, “Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!”

After the fight, they both left the mansion and each checked into separate hotels — Justin made his way to the Four Seasons, while Selena wound up at the Ritz-Carlton. She didn’t stay there long, however. Her mom, Mandy Cornett, reportedly pleaded with her to go, so she did. Justin left a day later, on Dec. 31.

Is Justin Ruining Selena’s Career?

A friend tells Star that Justin’s antics are bad for Selena. “He is destroying her life, and this is terrible for her image — but she’s stubborn,” the pal says. “She gets disgusted with him when he acts out, like when he kicked the gate outside her house when she wouldn’t let him in. Selena is definitely the grown-up in this relationship!”

Are you surprised that Justin was texting other girls, HollywoodLifers?

– Billy Nilles

More On Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez’s Relationship Drama:

1. Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber’s Break-Up: Is She Ready To Date Other Guys?
  2. Watch Out Justin Bieber: Selena Gomez Is Warning You With New Video
  3. Selena Gomez Dumps Justin Bieber After He Befriends Nick Jonas

Yesenia bieberluver14

Posted at 10:16 PM on February 25, 2013

Heyy this is yesenia agian i jct wanted to say is justin bieber and selena gomez ur fans will be there for u guys both kk luv u justin bieber

Yesenia bieberluver14

Posted at 10:09 PM on February 25, 2013

I luv u justin bieber i am 14 years old i luv ur personality ur so sweet nd ur so hot too u changed alot but i still luv u i luv ur song as long as you love me and down to earth :) i live in visallia

shanayamurphy

Posted at 1:08 PM on February 23, 2013

shanayamurphy

Posted at 1:06 PM on February 23, 2013

Yeah finally u realized Selena is a low downer clown I never liked her she stum between our toe I don’t think she’s the I know somebody who is perfect for her name is niya and nia they they don’t get along just like Selena and our girlfriend I have a crush on u but I’m to young my favorite food is spaghetti and our favorite color is purple I’m a huge fan why can’t u just have a number girl like mb I’m love our number one fan

shanayamurphy

Posted at 12:58 PM on February 23, 2013

Mmmm yeah Justin break up with Selena

shanayamurphy

Posted at 12:56 PM on February 23, 2013

Omg I still don’t get it

teleona

Posted at 8:50 PM on February 15, 2013

What the hell

Jess

Posted at 7:44 AM on February 1, 2013

I’ve never liked Justin anyways. Selena deserves better.

Laura

Posted at 7:31 PM on January 29, 2013

I don’t agree with both of their sides. Justin should be able to text whoever he wants to, but he should have a boundary. Selena wasn’t right looking through it, but come on, they’ve had issues before. He shouldn’tve had anything to hide anyway! It more upsets me though that he was being such a dick to her. I mean obviously she’s older and girls mature faster, but they both probably said things they shouldnt’ve either. I loved them together, but everything happens for a reason. & They are both smart enough to stay happy and keep going. Even if it means they’re gonna be hurt for a while.

jasmine

Posted at 10:21 PM on January 26, 2013

you guys are stupid like u where the perfect couple ever since you guys broke up i havent liked both of ya since like really justin is popular he is ganna have girls on his phone and he shouldnt have but still

sanj

Posted at 9:46 PM on January 16, 2013

So what justin can text wat ever he want and still it might be his fren even though justin hve gf i thnk he can text with other girl if he wants a gf cnt stop

Caitlin

Posted at 4:48 PM on January 15, 2013

Hahahaha really? You guys say “I hate Selena for reading his phone!” “Is a girlfriend supposed to look through his phone!?” Excuse me. Put yourself in the situation. If he said he wasn’t going to talk to any other girls, he should have kept his promise. She probably checked because she was insecure, knowing how popular he is with girls. He should have stayed faithful anyways, then none of this would happen. Guys, you complain about her going through his phone, but please tell me, would you have the same reaction? “Oh, that’s cool, the girl I’m dating is only looking to find that #1 guy, this doesn’t bother me.” That’s what you’re saying.

lieze

Posted at 2:59 PM on January 14, 2013

Justin may text other girls, I’m not surprised about that, but selena finding out, means she looked through his phone, is that what a gf is supposed to do? Look in the bf’s phone? No!

celine

Posted at 6:14 AM on January 14, 2013

No offence but justin is a guy and I think that he can text who ever he wants guys do that until they find that 1 person that makes them happy so I don’t really have a problem with him texting other girls

boo

Posted at 10:16 PM on February 15, 2013

So if yal were dating it would be fine? With u tlking to other girls?

Lucas

Posted at 8:08 PM on January 13, 2013

god

Lucas

Posted at 8:05 PM on January 13, 2013

futuremrsbieber

Posted at 6:38 PM on January 13, 2013

omg r u serious?! justin can text whoever he wants!! selena has no right to say justin cant text other girls!!!!!!!!!! urrrrggg i hate selena!!

Kaizo Konpaku

Posted at 9:50 PM on January 12, 2013

Hope “Just a beaver” realizes that most people will be on Selena’s side. :\

Kiara

Posted at 7:11 PM on January 12, 2013

First u say he was too needy and then I say b/c he was immature now ur saying this no one will never know the actually reason.good lord get ur facts straight

Zoe

Posted at 7:05 AM on January 12, 2013

Wasn’t he texting Jasmine Villegas a while ago too? Selena obviously forgave him if that’s true…but they broke up after that and then got back together. Even if he did get texts from other girls, Selena hasn’t let go of him and he hasn’t let go of her. If Selena is using him, then why did she risk the relationship ending for good? If she was using him she would have just beared the supposed texting and maybe cheating…but she got jealous and did something about it. I think she loves Justin and he loves her.

Daphne Ko

Posted at 5:34 AM on January 12, 2013

Lololololol

Unicorn

Posted at 10:11 PM on January 11, 2013

Blah blah blah unicorns rule!

Olivia

Posted at 10:13 AM on January 11, 2013

My opinion that Selenа has to find to itself the guy who will be more senior than it and will direct it. Justin young, cheerful, vigorous. He is young, beautiful therefore girls write to it and to it,it is pleasant (I am sure). It is so popular that it was to be expected. But I think that they will solve all, but long the relations any more won’t be.

yada

Posted at 8:12 AM on January 11, 2013

He is the most famous 18 years old guy and what did Selena expect? Being younger than her its obvious he’s gonna be immature and being so famous his gonna have all the sexy ladies throwing at him. I’m sure Selena will move on when another famous guy pops up, she’s such a fame eater. I can’t help but hate Selena more everyday. Justin deserves a better girl not a fame eater,

julie adams

Posted at 8:24 AM on January 11, 2013

we think that Yada is so wrong

Baby's

Posted at 10:03 AM on January 11, 2013

Jealous much?

Michelle

Posted at 7:45 AM on January 12, 2013

Yada is fine.

Sharon Reyna

Posted at 6:56 PM on January 13, 2013

hehe ikr

Unicorn

Posted at 10:27 PM on January 10, 2013

Dear selenarocks all I gotta say is PREACH!!!

julie adams

Posted at 8:22 AM on January 11, 2013

we think that Justin Bieber does not diserve selena gomez and they should stay away from each other.

julie adams

Posted at 8:26 AM on January 11, 2013

we rock and so does selena gomez
p.s. ditch Justin