One Direction Dissed By The Wanted Yet Again

Mon, January 7, 2013 6:35pm EDT by 88 Comments
The Wanted Disses One Direction
FameFlynet

It looks like the war between The Wanted and One Direction is escalating further. This time, the boys of The Wanted are the ones talking smack. Read on for all the details!

Can’t we all just get along? When it comes to The Wanted and One Direction, the answer is a resounding NO! During a recent interview with OK! magazine, the boys of The Wanted have continued the feud with some interesting jabs at their competition — but are they right?

The Wanted Disses One Direction

With a history of amazing boy bands, like of NKOTB, NSYNC, and Backstreet Boys, having taken over the world with great songs and dancing, The Wanted is taking on One Direction with another reason why they think they are the better band. During an interview with OK!, The Wanted’s Tom Parker gloated, “What I’m proud of is that I feel like we started this whole generation of new boy bands not dancing. We were the first one there. We’re the coolest boy band around.”

It didn’t end there, as the sexy Jay McGuiness was quick to add, “I think everyone saw us and thought, that’s the blueprint, we’ll tidy it up a bit and then we’ll make a lot of money.” This a clear shot to One Direction, who arguably is the most popular boy band in the world.

Zayn Malik & Max George Fight On Twitter

This war is nothing new, as Max George and Zayn Malik have shared harsh words on Twitter, leading Max to tell reporters that he would risk arrest to fight the boys of 1D! Let’s also not forget when, at the Z100 Jingle Ball on Dec. 7 (which had both groups on the bill), HollywoodLife.com asked The Wanted who would put on a better show. Siva Kaneswaran replied, “What do you think?! Us!”

This looks like it will never come to an end. Will One Direction respond and fight back?

So HollywoodLifers, who is the better boy band? The Wanted or One Direction? Sound off below!

Russ Weakland

More The Wanted & One Direction News:

1. One Direction & The Wanted Engage In Nasty Feud On Twitter
  2. One Direction & The Wanted Are Still Fighting
  3. Louis Tomlinson Studying Rival Boy Band The Wanted

anonymous

Posted at 3:44 AM on January 26, 2014

i hate the wanted it’s good that they broke up now…

TWFanmilyDirectioner

Posted at 11:44 AM on January 5, 2014

Did the question say ‘Which band is more cuter?’? No, it said which band is better. I think TW wins for this one. I actually got caught up with this feud anx from reading articles, TW want to have a truce. They asked 1D, and of course 1D said no (I mean, Louis said no, but the others said yes). Both of these bands have fans for a reason. 1D for the looks and TW for the music. And yet I am surprised why 1D has more votes than TW. And please don’t make up stories about T A because there’s already hate in the world. TWFanmily are not so crazy about their idols as directioners. At least boys like the wanted and no one would say ‘you’re gay’. I tried this before using both bands.

These are real results but the names are anonymous.

Boy 1: I like 1D. Do you?
Boy 2: You’re gay.

Boy 1: I like TW.
Boy 2: Cool! Wanna listen to it at my house?
Boy 1:Sure

You see what I mean? At my school, more boys like TW and more girls like 1D. TW play instruments in their music videos. Look at the music video ‘I found you’ fan version. I don’t think 1D do that anymore. They are not an example of self esteem due to their image. TW and JB seem more human because they hav errors in their songs and life. But you know, 1D aren’t going to seem good as you think someday. If 1D were TW and TW were 1D, which one would uou like better? Exactly!

♡Beth Callahan♡ (@BethSykesTW1)

Posted at 2:12 PM on November 16, 2013

THAT’S BULL STOP BLOWING IT OUT OF PROPORTION AND I’M A TWFANMILY MEMBER AND I’M SERIOUSLY GETTING BORED WITH THIS STUFF SO JUST STOP JUST STOP THE WANTED DIDN’T DISS 1D AND 1D DIDN’T DISS TW SO JUST GOD DAM STOP !!!!!

Amanda Jackson

Posted at 10:09 AM on September 5, 2013

I LOVE ONE DIRECTION!!!! Oh, and by the way, how you like both 1D and TW at the same time?????? They are the biggest celebrity enemies you will see as long as you live. And i hate TW because they say bad stuff about 1D and I am a Directioner FOREVER!!! No one can stop me from being one even if they threaten to murder me! LOVE YA 1D!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

♡Beth Callahan♡ (@BethSykesTW1)

Posted at 2:47 PM on November 16, 2013

the wanted don’t say bull about one direction they wouldn’t wast there time on little boys anyway and it’s easy to like both of them god you really need to calm down cause 1D ant gonna be around forever

TWFanmilyDirectioner

Posted at 10:54 PM on January 4, 2014

I can like both if I can.

SexieJacinta

Posted at 8:05 PM on July 25, 2013

I love both the Wanted and One direction, to me 1D has a bigger fan base but TW has like the best vocals. Scooter Braun(manger of Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande etc) is manging TW, TW got a show on E!, TW has more mature videos and songs. 1D has nice songs and fluffy stuff, they make you smile but sometimes its too childish(c’mon WTF is twinkle twinkle twinkle live so more) and WT sometimes party too much(Ps the wanted ARE NOT THUGS). But in the end The Wanted are the best c’mon They are Wanted.

hi

Posted at 10:17 PM on August 27, 2013

preach it 🙌

Amanda Jackson

Posted at 10:05 AM on September 5, 2013

How do you like both the Wanted and 1D??????? they hate each other.

♡Beth Callahan♡ (@BethSykesTW1)

Posted at 2:55 PM on November 16, 2013

easy it just cause they put on a show don’t mean u can like both

♡Beth Callahan♡ (@BethSykesTW1)

Posted at 2:57 PM on November 16, 2013

you can like both if you want to

Trinity

Posted at 2:55 PM on September 13, 2013

Has anyone heard the wanted sing and HaRMONIZE? Well no. I’m not saying they can’t sing, just that they don’t sing well together. And 1D didn’t shot to fame for nothing. They made us fans feels beautiful. And 1D has other celeb fans like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Chris Rock, Cheryl Cole and even Elton john. So just stfu

♡Beth Callahan♡ (@BethSykesTW1)

Posted at 2:14 PM on November 16, 2013

dude you awesome x :P

TWFanmilyDirectioner

Posted at 10:50 PM on January 4, 2014

I agree with you.

SwagDirectioner

Posted at 7:52 PM on June 6, 2013

I’m really getting mad at the “Wanted” what kind of name is that…(I still love you Nathan) but seriously?!?! You aren’t wanted!!!!!! One Direction is ahem THE BEST BAND EVER!!!!!! I love them to death!!!! And so does the world. You “wanted” boys should really shut your mouths cuz your going to find a bunch of Directioners at you doorsteps!!!!! So be careful what you say!

Charlotte

Posted at 5:55 AM on April 21, 2013

The Wanted are just the better singers by far, no discussion needed.

Marisa

Posted at 8:18 AM on April 21, 2013

The boys in One Direction at least made it to boot camp on X factor

Emma

Posted at 11:56 AM on April 20, 2013

Firstly,the wanted are not old! They’re just getting started! Secondly, you really can’t say that one direction are not childish,Zayn(or whatever he’s called) actually said something stupid about Max’s face during An arguement because he had nothing better to say. And if I’m Honest, the wanted do have better vocals, and they’re so much more mature so,one direction really need to grow up!!

Marisa

Posted at 2:50 PM on April 20, 2013

Wanted and 1D are both involved. They BOTH said things about each other, so what you said about Zayn invalid. And at least all the boys made it to bootcamp on X Factor

Ren

Posted at 10:29 AM on December 12, 2013

Oh Really?? Even though u think tw have good vocals they are still NOTHING i am reapting again NOTHING infornt of ONE DIRECTION. 1d should not have to work on their voices or else TW have to change their career ;) *Lots of Love*

shortiiebabydoll

Posted at 1:45 PM on April 17, 2013

1D all the way they might be young but they’re better

Michelle Dayan

Posted at 2:44 AM on April 16, 2013

seriously the wanted were created before 1d im not sayin 1d suck its just tw are little more mature with their songs they are all not bout girls

♡Beth Callahan♡ (@BethSykesTW1)

Posted at 2:49 PM on November 16, 2013

so true michelle so true x

Abby

Posted at 3:10 AM on April 8, 2013

*fame

Abby

Posted at 3:09 AM on April 8, 2013

What kind of thug says they would be willing to get arrested to fight them. There trying to act all
Tough and cool. If anyone dares say that 1D need to ‘grow up’ then they really need a life. TW said that “they were the coolest band ever”
1) ahem. No. No they’re not.
2) they said that because that is the only thing they have against 1D, the fact that 1D haven’t let game change them, I think that I’d a good thing.

1D are loveable boys who mess around in stage, make people laugh, and generally, act pretty stupid, but I live them for it, I love them for themselves.

TW said about not dancing, what difference does it make!? Seriously TW are u really so desperate you are gonna talk about dancing. anyway who wants to go to a concert and hear rubbish music coming from thuggy boys who think they are all it!? I have heard both live so I have the right to judge.

Charlotte

Posted at 5:59 AM on April 21, 2013

Zayn was actually the one who started all this, and the rest is just your opinion, i have also heard both sing live and the wanted are better, and you are not seriously saying that one direction don’t think that they’re all it too?Because they are actually so much more cocky than the wanted, the wanted have been around longer, they have built rapport with all of their fans.

Melissa

Posted at 11:58 AM on May 19, 2013

if you hate the wanted so much then why the heck did you see them live? and if you dare say that The Wanted are ‘thuggy boys’ then you really need to grow up. ohhh and yeah why would you want to go to a concert to hear ‘rubbish music come from thuggy boys’? hmmm??? Oh my gosh you saw them FREAKING LIVE!!!! I THOUGHT YOU SAID THEY HAD RUBBISH MUSIC? Wowww… just wow.

Andrea

Posted at 12:04 PM on May 19, 2013

If One Direction is sooooo much better than the Wanted then why aren’t they getting a show like The Wanted on E! ?

Amanda

Posted at 8:55 AM on July 25, 2013

Bands who have got they’re own reality show, only has it because that they need attention because no one knows them, and everyone knows 1D – I didn’t even know the wanted existed before all of these twitter feuds and stuff!!!

Kelsey

Posted at 10:57 PM on April 7, 2013

Im a directioner and do nnot like the wanted. I didnt have a probleem with them until they bashed on 1D. not looking to start something but seriously the wanted crave attention. and btw 1D do sing live please dont say stuff you dont know

yasmin

Posted at 9:41 PM on April 7, 2013

neither are particularly good but at least One Direction don’t take themselves so seriously.

Sandy TWParker

Posted at 6:54 AM on March 27, 2013

LOVE TW! 1D are a bit too dramatic. Still love ‘em though

Sandy TWParker

Posted at 6:53 AM on March 27, 2013

LOVE TW! 1D are a bit too dramatic. Grow up kids!

AuddieRose

Posted at 1:22 PM on March 24, 2013

Ugh, as a directioner AND part of TWfanmily, I am torn. I just hate this stupid rivalry. To be honest, I don’t think they actually hate each other and are just doing this for publicity. Plus, they’re both different artists. Yeah, both are boybands but they have different sound. TW is more R&B whereas 1D has more guitars & drums. They’re both good bands, people should really stop comparing them.

yeah

Posted at 5:47 AM on March 21, 2013

At leat the wanted write their own music and sing live.

yeah

Posted at 5:48 AM on March 21, 2013

*least

Kelsey

Posted at 10:58 PM on April 7, 2013

1D do actually sing live and write. please dont say things you dont know

Abby

Posted at 2:57 AM on April 8, 2013

You trying to say that 1D don’t sing live? There entire first tour sold out in 12 minutes, they do write a lot of there own music and they care about there fans for god sake TW call there fans prisoners!

i love the wanted

Posted at 6:02 AM on April 21, 2013

The wanted care so much more about their fans then one direction do, one of the first things nathan sykes did when he came out of surgery was thank all of his fans for the support and get well wishes, if that’s not caring about the fans, then i really don’t know what is.

TWFanmilyDirectioner

Posted at 11:43 PM on January 4, 2014

@Abby

The tour was called ‘behind bars’ and that was why they call their fans ‘prisoners’.

Anna

Posted at 6:57 PM on March 13, 2013

I don’t want to come in here and start a fued, but personally, I think One Direction is better.
BUUUUT..
The Wanted did not say this. They said something similar, but you twisted up their words in your evil Hollywood ways!
TW said that “maybe it’s just an age thing.” Which I think is kinda immature, since they’re.. (Correct me if I’m wrong,) But .. 18,22,23,21? Or somewhere in that range, but seriously? 1D is 19,19,19,20,21. That’s kindof immature.
But personally, I think the fued started when TW said something about boyband’s now a days; but it was not “We’re the coolest boyband ever!” Or crap like that. I just don’t like TW. I don’t really like their music, it has nothing to do with me being a Directioner. I just don’t like TW.
*NO HATE!*

deb

Posted at 9:49 AM on February 11, 2013

You just twisted their words and made it sound like they said stuff about 1d when they never even mentioned them. Its all your work and your words. Stop fabricating stories. Its pathetic!

Whitney

Posted at 8:42 PM on February 1, 2013

I like both The Wanted and One Direction….but they should really stop the fighting… :(

Danaja

Posted at 7:13 PM on January 31, 2013

Btw The Wanted are old news and are looking for attention! I’m just saying!

Nikki

Posted at 6:18 PM on January 31, 2013

Neither of you started the ‘generation of boy bands not dancing’, that would be Westlife & their chairs

Kayla

Posted at 4:30 PM on January 25, 2013

This is a bunch of bull. Clearly the publisher is a strong directioner

lizzybeth

Posted at 10:16 PM on February 28, 2013

I agree

chitsuthuzar

Posted at 10:37 PM on January 24, 2013

I hate the wanted
i love one direction soooooooo much!!!

ashley cordova

Posted at 11:18 PM on January 26, 2013

umm… thats where youre wrong one direction sucks the wanted is awesome. the wanted was hereway before 1D so just they come to the us now there better…NO thats no how it works i mean thats what makes you buitiful is still on i mean get over your selfthat songs been on the radio since it came out MAKE A NEW SONG ALREADY!!!!!! that ones old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -ashley

cuite

Posted at 4:21 AM on January 29, 2013

OK first get your English right then hate on One DIRECTION

Danaja

Posted at 7:16 PM on January 31, 2013

Honey they have lots of songs! You just wouldn’t know, though! And as I said The Wanted just want attention because they know they’re getting OLD!!

Gabster

Posted at 5:29 PM on February 11, 2013

The wanted are not getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I respect one direction and there music but the wanted are way better. It is not about who is cute and who isn’t! It is about the music who can sing which group has real talent. I hate how people say The wanted are copy cats when they have been around way before one direction if anything they are copying The Wanted.

Marisa

Posted at 10:17 PM on April 7, 2013

That song is still on the radiobecause a lot if people like it. One Direction hsve come out with an entire new album, actually. So do you research next time sweet heart.

Directioner for life!

Posted at 9:03 AM on July 25, 2013

They have 2 albums – soon 3, eight music videos and 5 singles, Just because the wanted have bben here longer doesn’t meen they’re better, One direction has been here for only 3 YEARS and they are the biggest boyband on the planet, I don’t know how long The Wanted have been here but i know that it is longer time, and they are not even particurlily famous i didn’t know they existed before these fights with 1D!!!!!