One Direction Dissed By The Wanted Yet Again

Mon, January 7, 2013 6:35pm EDT by 88 Comments
The Wanted Disses One Direction
FameFlynet

It looks like the war between The Wanted and One Direction is escalating further. This time, the boys of The Wanted are the ones talking smack. Read on for all the details!

Can’t we all just get along? When it comes to The Wanted and One Direction, the answer is a resounding NO! During a recent interview with OK! magazine, the boys of The Wanted have continued the feud with some interesting jabs at their competition — but are they right?

The Wanted Disses One Direction

With a history of amazing boy bands, like of NKOTB, NSYNC, and Backstreet Boys, having taken over the world with great songs and dancing, The Wanted is taking on One Direction with another reason why they think they are the better band. During an interview with OK!, The Wanted’s Tom Parker gloated, “What I’m proud of is that I feel like we started this whole generation of new boy bands not dancing. We were the first one there. We’re the coolest boy band around.”

It didn’t end there, as the sexy Jay McGuiness was quick to add, “I think everyone saw us and thought, that’s the blueprint, we’ll tidy it up a bit and then we’ll make a lot of money.” This a clear shot to One Direction, who arguably is the most popular boy band in the world.

Zayn Malik & Max George Fight On Twitter

This war is nothing new, as Max George and Zayn Malik have shared harsh words on Twitter, leading Max to tell reporters that he would risk arrest to fight the boys of 1D! Let’s also not forget when, at the Z100 Jingle Ball on Dec. 7 (which had both groups on the bill), HollywoodLife.com asked The Wanted who would put on a better show. Siva Kaneswaran replied, “What do you think?! Us!”

This looks like it will never come to an end. Will One Direction respond and fight back?

So HollywoodLifers, who is the better boy band? The Wanted or One Direction? Sound off below!

Russ Weakland

More The Wanted & One Direction News:

1. One Direction & The Wanted Engage In Nasty Feud On Twitter
  2. One Direction & The Wanted Are Still Fighting
  3. Louis Tomlinson Studying Rival Boy Band The Wanted

Alexis

Posted at 10:55 PM on January 23, 2013

I love One Direction they are WAY better The Wanted.

Smanda

Posted at 8:10 PM on January 23, 2013

One Direction Duhh!! ! 1D all the way!!!!!!!!!:)

Taylor Alison Swift

Posted at 7:12 PM on January 12, 2013

I like wanted but I think I would die if I saw a member of one direction. If I saw a member of the wanted I would be like hey what’s up OMFG one direction is playing on my ipod want to hear. So I would talk the wanted about one direction and I would be dead if I talked to 1d.wonder who I like more

Jacob Salvatore

Posted at 9:08 PM on January 11, 2013

I think One Direction are the better band! >.<
Atleast they make good music, and they save alot of lives (actually stopped people from cutting and suicidal thoughts) with their "Little Things" song. Showing that every girl shouldn't feel self-conscious about herself, and that she is perfect the way she is.
The Wanted *crowd boo's* on the other hand just make music about going to clubs and screwing girls <— TYPICAL "I-went-to-the-club-and-got-drunk" MUSIC BRO! :O
ONE DIRECTION FOR EFFING LIFE!!!!

emily

Posted at 7:30 PM on January 10, 2013

one direction are so much better than the wanted. im backing one direction all the way no matter what…xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Deneel Tamia George

Posted at 4:14 PM on January 9, 2013

ONE DIRECTION they Awesome I love my 5Lads to bits and believe me the will be the Back Street boys…..for our generation because every1 loves their songs……they awesome…..and I wouldn’t wanna fight with them because they my world……so just back off my 5Leds (OnE DirecTION,)

directioner

Posted at 4:06 AM on January 9, 2013

1D ofc!

SraB

Posted at 4:04 PM on January 8, 2013

1D For Ever .. <3 <3

lucy

Posted at 2:30 PM on January 8, 2013

1D best

JustinSelena Fan

Posted at 10:09 AM on January 8, 2013

The Wanted the best…..!!!

adddy

Posted at 3:03 AM on January 22, 2013

Hey The Wanted is so lame and show-off,they din’t even had a film made about themselves.
One Direction is having a film made about them WOW! East or West 1D is the BEST,North or South there’s no doubt! Oh and The Wanted doesn’t have so many awards like One Direction.
Wanted not that good One Direction So much cooler and awesome and rocking!

TWFanmilyDirectioner

Posted at 11:14 AM on January 5, 2014

Can you please get your facts right before hating TW.

amyshelly

Posted at 9:27 AM on January 8, 2013

directioners aren’t agressive?? well give me some evidence..
the wanted is unwanted? who said like that
1d is just group of gay walking in 1 direction
your welcome

whatever

Posted at 5:15 AM on January 8, 2013

I know that they are proud of their no-media training, but someone needs to stop this train wreck!

It’s not even about an implied diss, but who bigs themselves up like that?

crystal

Posted at 2:43 AM on January 8, 2013

I love both bands, but they need to stop talking smack to each other. They’re all grown here, so they need to stop acting like little children & stop the constant back & forth arguing with one another. And even though I do love both, everyone knows that One Direction is the biggest boy band in the country right now, no matter what any other sources might say.

Paola

Posted at 2:05 AM on January 8, 2013

I can’t decide 😬 i love both

Emily

Posted at 12:32 AM on January 8, 2013

LoL was that a joke cause 1D i still better and directioners are not aggressive :| YOUR WELCOME

Louisa

Posted at 10:13 PM on January 7, 2013

Seriously. Its so obvious who is the better boy band. the wanted should shut up because one direction will obviously win. They need to get their priorities straight, one direction has way more fans, and more views on youtube. Why bother with a fight when u know ur gonna lose? it’ll make you look like a jerk anyways!!

takingnosides

Posted at 9:56 PM on January 7, 2013

The Wanted is cool. One Direction is way cooler. Admit it. Views for Glad You Came is 63 757 118 and views for What Makes You Beautiful is 311 692 441. There’s no need to fight, eh?

rachel

Posted at 9:26 PM on January 7, 2013

when u think about the wanted was around longer the one direction. they were guests on the uk x-factor when 1 direction was on the show. so they did show one direction how it was done and one direction fans should remember that.

Allison

Posted at 11:58 PM on January 11, 2013

Ya ya ya THE fact is that 1D is better than THE WANTED now and THat THE WANTED started all this sh** :\

Cupcakes

Posted at 9:21 PM on January 7, 2013

the wanted are unwanted…

ONE DIRECTION ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

One direction

Posted at 8:49 PM on January 7, 2013

The wanted shouldn’t even try to compare theirselves with 1D because is so obviouse that 1D will win 😉😉

saraevelinn

Posted at 8:41 PM on January 7, 2013

Omg! The Wanted for sure! Love their music and love all people from the TWfanmily… They’re not as aggressive and immature as 1D fans.
I know this because I used to like 1D. But when the directioners started to send loads of crap to my boys, I’ve had enough.
The only one I like now is Liam. Gash he’s perfect.

Rachel

Posted at 9:32 PM on January 7, 2013

Why would you stop liking a band cuz of their fans? That makes no sense. I think a lot of directionless are stupid and immature but I will still always support the boys.

Jacob Salvatore

Posted at 9:03 PM on January 11, 2013

Lmao, hating One Direction just because of their fans? It’s not 1D’s fault…and I don’t mind the fans, as long as they support 1D :O
I think the wanted are lame…they’re damn adults ffs and they still act immaturely thinking they are the best band lmfao…One Direction is the biggest boy band, Wanted should admit it already :P
One D 4ever!

Jays wife

Posted at 8:32 PM on January 7, 2013

One Direction is a poop.

Emily

Posted at 12:35 AM on January 8, 2013

And YOUR a pile of crap :) YOUR WELCOME

ABC

Posted at 7:58 PM on January 7, 2013

I HONESTLY HATE HATE HATE THE WANTED SO FREAKING BADLY THAT I WOULD RISK GETTING ARRESTED TO FIGHT THEM. LIKE THEY’RE SO STUPID. THEY ALL LOOK SO UGLY AND DISGUSTING LIIKE WHY COMPARE YOURSELVES TO 1D WHEN YOU DONT HAVE THE LOOKS. YOU GUYS ARE OLD MEN, CANT POSSIBLY BE COMPARED TO YOUNG TEENAGERS. THEY DID NOTHING TO YOU GUYS SO YOU SHOULD JUST BACK YOURSELVES UP AND STFU WITH YOUR BS. YOU GUYS ARE JUST JEALOUS THAT THEY’RE MORE POPULAR THAT YOU GUYS.

Megan

Posted at 6:42 PM on January 15, 2013

Calm yourself. I think this is a good example as to why this fight has escalated so quickly. The fans need to calm down. It’s blowing out of proportions. The Wanted and One Direction are two different bands. People can like who ever they want to like, but saying that they’re a bunch of old unattractive men is just rude. Number one: The Wanted, in my opinion, are definitely more attractive. Then again, that might not be your opinion, so whatever. Number two: The Wanted members’ ages range from 19-24. One Directions’ ages range from 19-21. That isn’t a big difference at all, so your statement about that is totally unjustified and just plain dumb.

Audrey

Posted at 7:41 PM on January 7, 2013

Hahaha..coolest boy band around? NO. One Direction is clearly the biggest boy band in the world. So The Wanted, stop trying to act like you’re better than 1D, cause you’re not.

Nikki

Posted at 6:59 PM on January 7, 2013

ONE DIRECTION IS SO MUCH BETTER TYAN THE WANTED BUT STILL THEY SHOULD JUST STOP GETTING AT EACH OTHER CAUSE IT DOES HELP ANYONE IT JUST BRINGS MORE HATE!!!!!!!