The Disney starlet posted a Twitter pic of a gorgeous fishtail that looks intricate, but is really easy to recreate—follow our tips below!
Bella Thorne, 15, is one of our favorite beauties! The young star loves tweeting pics of her different hair, makeup and nail looks. We love that she has so much fun getting glam. In this latest pic, Bella debuted a pretty fishtail braid.
Here’s how to get the look:
1. Use a holding product like Nexxus Exxtra Gel, Superior Hold, Sculpting Gel on damp hair and blow dry. Divide your hair into two large sections, parting straight down the middle. For a sharper look, you can use a comb to part your hair evenly. If you’d prefer a tousled look, simply part it with your hands.
2. Pull a thin strand of hair from the outside of the left section. Pull it over the top of the left section, and grasp it under the right section. In other words, the strand of hair has gone over the left section and finishes under the right section.
3. Repeat Step 2 on the other side. Pull a skinny strand of hair from the outside of the right section, pull it over the right section, then weave it under the left section.
Keep alternating sides, weaving over and under, until you reach the bottom of the braid.
4. Tie off the end with a hair bobble or elastic. Add a cute ribbon, barette or charm to give it some personality if you’d like!
In general, try to use the same thickness for each strand throughout or your braid will look uneven.
For a more intricate braid, use skinnier strands. It takes more effort, but it looks gorgeous. If you’re a beginner, pulling it tighter helps you to learn the method properly.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU love Bella’s braid? Sound off below!
– Jennifer Tzeses
More Beauty News:
- Gorgeous Greens: Shop Earthy Nail Polish & Makeup
- Miley Cyrus’ Lush Lashes: How To Get The Look
- Zooey Deschanel Stuns In A Retro Upsweep & Red Lips On ‘Glamour’