NeNe Leakes Confirms Engagement To Ex-Husband Gregg Leakes

Fri, January 4, 2013 10:29am EDT by 7 Comments
NeNe Leakes Engaged
Twitter

‘The Real Housewives of Atlanta’ made the big announcement Jan. 3 on live TV.

It looks like congratulations are in order for NeNe Leakes — again! The reality phenom-turned-actress confirmed she’s re-marrying ex-husband Gregg Leakes during a Jan. 3 appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

“A little after midnight, I was asked this beautiful question: ‘Will you marry me — again?'” Nene, 44, recalled.

NeNe first sparked engagement rumors Dec. 31 when she tweeted romantic pictures of her and Gregg’s New Year’s Eve celebration.

“Headed 2 dinner with u know who,” she tweeted, followed by, “HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE LEAKES!”

And Gregg clearly went all-out for the big night, littering the hallway of their beach condo with rose petals and arranging Hershey Kisses on the bed — in a heart shape, of course.

NeNe & Gregg Leakes’ Relationship History

Let’s hope second time’s the charm for NeNe and Gregg, because they haven’t always had the most stable relationship.

The couple first tied the knot in 1997, after dating for a year, and all seemed to be going well — until Gregg divorced NeNe in 2011 because he believed “fame got to her head.” The couple has one child together, Brentt, who’s now 13 years old.

“We’re divorced,” NeNe told Us Weekly in Nov. 2012. “I’m single and not looking. Love is beautiful thing and marriage is a beautiful thing. … People will enjoy watching Gregg try to woo me back [during season 5].”

Clearly that woo-ing was successful! Congrats to the happy couple.

HollywoodLifers, are you glad NeNe and Gregg are giving their love a second chance? Watch NeNe make her announcement below, then cast your vote:

— Andy Swift

Us Weekly

NeNe’s Twitter

More NeNe news on HollywoodLife.com:

1. ‘RHOA’ Premiere Preview: Nene Leakes & Gregg Leakes Get Back Together
  2. NeNe Leakes Reveals Her ‘Secret’ Granddaughter
  3. ‘RHONY’ Star Ramona Singer: I’m Team NeNe Leakes

Ann B Warren (@still2sexy4u)

Posted at 2:04 AM on April 1, 2013

I have always been a fan of NeNe Leakes and I’m happy for her accomplishments and achievements. I really believe she is a woman deserving of the riches coming her way and have worked hard for this position. I hope she is smart enough to have an air tight prenuptial agreement before going into this marriage. I can’t forget how Gregg treated her when she was on her way up, but everyone makes mistakes and happiness do exist. Much happiness to the couple.

Moni

Posted at 11:37 AM on January 16, 2013

Now everybody knows the only reson they were divorced in the first place is cause Nene wanted to secure her “New Money”, seeing as though there wasnt a prenup the first time. Im betting vthere will be one in place the second time. She knew what she was doing, but I still like seeing the two of them together

D

Posted at 6:06 PM on January 4, 2013

Nene & Gregg – you belong together make evday special & it will last. Congrats!!!

Mia

Posted at 1:21 PM on January 4, 2013

I am sooo happy to see them back together. I have watched RHOA since the beginning and you could see the realness of their love. I was always worried that the show and the fame would split them apart. However, when you have real love it always wins. Congratulations Nene and Greg.

Gina

Posted at 11:23 AM on January 4, 2013

He is probably the only man who can put up with all her drama..

Nadine

Posted at 10:32 AM on January 4, 2013

Hope it last

ap

Posted at 6:14 PM on January 19, 2013

she shouldn’t have divorced him in the first place!