Kristen Stewart Reveals Why She Can’t Stand High Heels

Fri, January 4, 2013 4:04pm EDT by 36 Comments
Kristen Stewart Tomboy
SplashNews

Kristen’s proven time and again on the red carpet that she’s not a fan of the high heel, removing them as quickly as possible. In a new interview, she’s explained just why that is! Read on to find out her reason!

Kristen Stewart can be quite the fashionista on the red carpet, but if there’s one thing that the actress seems to loathe about fashion, it would be the high heel. At nearly every premiere we’ve seen her at, there’s inevitably been a photo of her rocking a tennis shoe underneath her couture gown at the end of the evening! While we’ve come to love Kristen’s adorable fashion quirk, the Twilight star has finally provided an explanation for it all.

In a new interview with Elle UK, Kristen, 22, explains that her sartorial sensitivities are owed to her tomboy history! “I have always been a tomboy,” Kristen tells the magazine. “I wanted to look like my older brother when I was younger. I lived in hand-me-downs and was always borrowing his clothes. My earliest fashion memory is cutting up an old pair of Levi’s and going to careers day at nursery dressed as a rock star.”

Kristen also revealed that it’s always quite obvious when she isn’t enjoying a wardrobe decision, but she won’t detail which she’s loathed in the past, for fear of hurting anyone’s feelings! “It’s clear when I don’t like my outfit,” the Snow White and the Huntsman star says. “I’ve always worked with the same stylist, Tara Swennen, who I love, but I’ve definitely had fashion regrets, which I can’t reveal – I’d hate to offend anyone.”

Though Kristen does admit that she’s become more at ease with fashion in general! “But I’m way more comfortable now. The other day I realised I do actually have more than one pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I have some cool stuff that I need to start wearing,” she says.

Are you surprised by the reason why Kristen hates high heels, HollywoodLifers?

– Billy Nilles

More On Kristen Stewart’s Tomboy Style:

1. Rupert Sanders: Kristen Stewart Is A ‘Beautiful Tomboy’
  2. Kristen Stewart’s Tomboy Style — She Was Bullied For It In Her Teens
  3. Kristen Stewart Admits She’s Always Been A Tomboy — Plus New Pics

Nina

Posted at 10:42 AM on September 5, 2013

I hate High-Heels, too. I have to admit that a I own two or three pairs of heels, but I really never wear them. I totally get Kristen’s point, I’ve always been a tomboy as well and I just love it.

ChuckLover

Posted at 4:38 PM on January 7, 2013

It’s fine if she where snekers with a dress. If she doesn’t care and she feel comftible in it we shouldn’t care. And personally i think that sneakers look quit cool wiv a dress.

Catherine

Posted at 1:07 PM on January 7, 2013

Twilight addictions development and progressions FINALLY explain in DETAIL. If you’re struggling with a STUBBORN Twilight obsession that is driving you crazy STILL – Search for “Misfit Chick’s Twilight Blogpost” out in Internetland or click on my name. :)

kareniharmsen

Posted at 12:44 PM on January 7, 2013

She should where shoes that go with her dress. But not sneakers.

kareniharmsen

Posted at 12:46 PM on January 7, 2013

wear

Caridee

Posted at 11:40 AM on January 7, 2013

I don’t blame her

Caridee

Posted at 11:40 AM on January 7, 2013

I like to look at them!

sydney

Posted at 5:57 PM on January 5, 2013

okay so she doesn’t want to wear heels that’s fine not many people like wearing heels but she could at least wear some shoes that go nice with her outfit

Pam

Posted at 5:35 AM on January 6, 2013

Is it that most people don’t like heels? OR, is it that the overwhelming majority of those who chose to write are ladies who don’t like them. Remember that it is a known fact (based on surveys) that more than 80% of the women who wear heels, are wearing a shoe that either doesn’t fit properly or is too small.

Pam

Posted at 5:37 AM on January 6, 2013

I agree with your comment that she could at least wear a shoe that goes with her outfit.

Maldwyn

Posted at 8:47 AM on January 5, 2013

The best thing since sliced bread. Absolutely gorgeous in every way.

froilan

Posted at 8:20 AM on January 5, 2013

big fan of ms.KSTEW!

Rosita freskita

Posted at 7:21 AM on January 5, 2013

The real reason is that it has deformed finger bones and cause her different things

Anna

Posted at 2:57 AM on January 5, 2013

If she doesn’t want to wear heels the least she could do is wear ballet flats, not runners

Pam

Posted at 3:27 AM on January 5, 2013

I more than agree that ballet flats are very preferable to runners. But we need to acknowledge that the intermixing of casual fashion with more traditional clothing/footwear is continuing unabated. The increasing adoption by males of casual/sport footwear with business/business casual dress seems to have no end. And, the wearing of ‘cons at clubs with party wear is likewise unfortunate.

christina

Posted at 2:45 AM on January 5, 2013

i dont like them either

Pam

Posted at 2:19 AM on January 5, 2013

I am one of the few that doesn’t crave sneaks. Nearly every shoe in my closet has a heel. After many years of wearing nothing but heels 3″ or higher, my calves hurt after just a half an hour of walking in flats or being barefooted. Of course, the good news is that my feet are gracefully arched and my calves are always getting a second look.

cornelialankes15mt

Posted at 10:56 PM on January 4, 2013

Dominic. I agree that Francisco`s blog is nice, last thursday I got a great BMW after having made $6411 this – 5 weeks past and-over, ten k this past month. it’s definitly the most-financialy rewarding Ive had. I started this six months/ago and pretty much straight away was bringing in at least $74.. per/hr. I use the details on this website, ­ ­ ­A­s­k­2­5­.­­c­o­m­

Lol

Posted at 10:42 PM on January 4, 2013

I hate to break it 2 u (really I enjoy it lol) but my school paper does an article on fashion and recent high fashion events in Hollywood , and my BFF ( the editor) was at d London premiere of BD prt 2 nd she asked her about her sneakers and she said it was b coz she had sustained an ankle injury while filming on set for Snow White and the huntsman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that it is not fully healed , it is a situation similar ( very slightly ) to Jessie j !!!!!!! ;-D

kate

Posted at 10:09 PM on January 4, 2013

she is not cute

Hanna

Posted at 8:49 PM on January 4, 2013

I love Kristen coz of these reasons, for sure. She’s a tomboy, which is seem to be a rare thing to actresses especially in Hollywood–I mean, how many chics there r bravely wearing sneakers on red carpet?!!–and for some personal things. Also, she always looks natural and behave like ‘I’m gonna be me and, the hell with people’s sayings!’. :)) Like her and support her for who she is, go Kstew!

Candace

Posted at 7:25 PM on January 4, 2013

I hate high heels..they hurt like an SOB

Rashi

Posted at 5:36 PM on January 4, 2013

people, everybody is different even i don’t like wearing high heels but i am no tomboy.

Patricia

Posted at 5:30 PM on January 4, 2013

Sorry HWL, but your article told us nothing. In a later interview she has already said she took off her heels so she would not be standing over her fans and that she has weak ankles so flats let her stand longer to sign autographs. Please check your archives for this was posted in one of your own articles along with other media sites and mag interviews she gave back in Sep. Nothing was said she did this because she was a Tomboy. Tracy 123 has commented on the same thing so please HWL stop twisting information to start another misleading article to get hits on.

laura

Posted at 5:23 PM on January 4, 2013

she also likes to wear tennis shoes on the carpet to get around to more fans

elizabeth

Posted at 4:36 PM on January 4, 2013

kristen wears good as she is beautiful and so loves to rob or robsten

elizabeth

Posted at 4:38 PM on January 4, 2013

as she looks so beautiful and likes robert

elizabeth

Posted at 4:40 PM on January 4, 2013

so that you and she looks beautiful no matter how you dress

elizabeth

Posted at 4:33 PM on January 4, 2013

should dress a little more feminine that’s how Rob likes girls
   more female

J.

Posted at 2:36 PM on January 5, 2013

Yeah…cause every woman should dress like her man wants…what century do you live in?

Pam

Posted at 5:43 AM on January 6, 2013

As long as I am allowed to wear heels, and not required to have my skirt no more than 6″ below my waist or my boobs almost ready to escape, i can accept a “dress code”.

TRACY123

Posted at 4:21 PM on January 4, 2013

HL you are wrong as usual, Kristen has said in an older interview that she takes her high heels off so she is not towering over the fans when she signs autographs and takes pictures with them and that she can also stand longer with all of her fans!!!! She’s just being considerate.

Kristens Evil Twin ( still in shock)

Posted at 4:20 PM on January 4, 2013

I am not at all suprised to know she hates hig heels. Tomboys usually do. :)
Now that Twilight is over, she can get back to wearing what is comfy: jeans,t’s ,and sneaks : the typical tomboy fare.

Chi

Posted at 4:24 PM on May 2, 2013

All beautiful women should wear high heels, otherwise they would just be wasting their greatest worth….looks and sex appeal.