Kristen Stewart Reveals ‘My Most Treasured Item’

Fri, January 4, 2013 1:13pm EDT by 8 Comments
Kristen Stewart Balenciaga jacket
FameFlyNet

The star shared so many style secrets, including the ‘most treasured item’ that she owns, with ‘ELLE’ UK — and when she responded with one of her favorite fashionable staples we weren’t surprised one bit!

Whether she’s jet-setting or promoting one of her films, Kristen Stewart hardly ever leaves home without a leather jacket. Even when she’s working a red carpet, she often manages to fit in a quick outfit change before heading out to an afterparty! For this reason, it comes as no surprise that when prompted by ELLE UK to reveal her “most treasured item,” she quickly responded with her quilted Balenciaga leather motorcycle jacket. While we’ve seen her wear the quilted jacket in black over a handful of times she has also shown off the style in bright red and pale yellow, as well!

“My most treasured item is the leather jacket Balenciaga gave me. I would be devastated if I lost it. I live in it! It started off fairly sturdy but now it feels like a blanket,” she said.

We can’t blame KStew for loving the high-fashion staple, especially since it was a gift from the brand’s ex-creative director Nicholas Ghesquiere. Isn’t it so sweet that KStew’s favorite item that’s hanging in her closet also has some sentimental value? The face of the Balenciaga Florabotanica fragrance also gave the mag some insight on how the collaboration for the fragrance campaign came about. “I first met Nicholas Ghesquiere [ex-Balenciaga creative director] on a shoot six years ago. Our interests go hand in hand. What I love about my job as an actress is that you can discover aspects of yourself that are really surprising and fashion inspires you in exactly the same way.”

While we saw Kristen front row in a stellar Balenciaga look, (including her fave leather jacket, this time in yellow!), for the Spring 2013 show, that wasn’t the first time the star witnessed a collection come down the runway. “My first fashion show was Burberry a/w 2010. Claire Danes was sitting across from me, which was very exciting. I love her! It opened my eyes to the world of fashion. It’s so cool to look at a fashion show as a whole because they’re like little movies, every single detail is carefully considered,” she said.

The star may prefer the big screen to the runway, but we always love watching her step out on the red carpet — especially because of how much her style has evolved, right in front of our eyes. Even though she make take high-fashion risks, she always manages to stay true to herself — and her affinity for the Balenciaga jacket is the perfect example of that! Not only does the quilted motorcycle jacket fit the star perfectly, but it’s such a cool and edgy dressed-down staple that’s so consistent with Kristen’s personal sense of style. Do you agree?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Catherine

Posted at 1:07 PM on January 7, 2013

Twilight addictions development and progressions FINALLY explain in DETAIL. If you’re struggling with a STUBBORN Twilight obsession that is driving you crazy STILL – Search for “Misfit Chick’s Twilight Blogpost” out in Internetland or click on my name. :)

londy ManDrade

Posted at 10:01 PM on January 4, 2013

yeah right … looks spectacular thereby put Kristen. Perfect :)

karen e

Posted at 3:23 PM on January 4, 2013

To the people who brought Kristen and Balenciagna,BRAVO.The two Kristen and balenciaga make each other beautiful.Can’t wait to see all that they are going to do.We,Kristens fans know that she does what her brain and heart tells her,and its thats A good thing and I think all her photo shoots were great,and it was hard to have A favorite.I really liked the shoot where she photo herself with A man,(herself).It was very sharp..My personal opinion is Kristen has arrived and I think she is A force of nature and there is no stopping her.You know the saying “what dosen’t kill you,makes you stronger. Peace,prayers and love to Rob,Kristen and their families and give Bear and Bernie A big hug for me.Now I’m not crazy I’m A product of the great 1970′s,it was awesome..So peace,love and prayers and remember be kinder to each its nice so give it A try. Pace Karen e.

Jeannie

Posted at 5:27 PM on January 4, 2013

Karen, I 100% agree with you. I love Kristen and all her photo shoots,she is a beautiful person…and I wish her and Robert all the best for now and forever.

jes

Posted at 2:09 PM on January 4, 2013

Kristen and Balenciaga, gorgeous. I know that probably in the minority, but thanks to Kristen I got to know this brand. Completely loved Kristen and Nicholas G., maybe NG will have its own brand, it would be great.

TRACY123

Posted at 4:26 PM on January 4, 2013

To jes, I said this before, watch a Kristen Stewart line of clothing, with NG designing everything, now that would be special. Rob now also plugging Dior Fragrance. Smart move on both parts, easy money. Wishing Kristen and Rob well for the new year!! Everyone be nice to each other, life is to short!

marc

Posted at 1:56 PM on January 4, 2013

I love Kristen style, for me is the best.

Monaliza Madronero

Posted at 1:41 AM on January 5, 2013

Ya. me too, She has a unique style.Thats why i admired her a lot.