Jennie Garth: How She Dropped 30lbs After Divorce

Thu, January 3, 2013 10:52am EDT by 16 Comments
Jennie Garth Health
FameFlynet, Courtesy of Health Magazine

A hot bod is the best medicine for a broken heart! In the wake of her devastating divorce, Jennie Garth sought revenge by losing a major amount of weight and changing her lifestyle for the better. Here, she reveals exactly how, at 40, she changed her diet and exercise regimen!

Jennie Garth, 40 is more beautiful than ever these days. The change: a major weight loss, eating clean and exercising five days a week (three doing plyometrics and kickboxing, and two hiking with one of her dogs).

The actress revealed the ways she stays fit and fabulous in a new interview with Health:

Sneaky Workout Tricks

• Put on your exercise wear first thing. “I take my kids to school in my workout clothes. I’ll think, ‘I’m already in my clothes now, so I may as well work out!'”

• Think of what it can do for you. “The driving force of why I work out is just to be stronger—physically and mentally.”

• Be a trainer. “In the middle of a set, I love being told, ‘You can do this.’ It works for yourself, too. Use positive self-motivation.”

• Bring a friend. “Twice a week, I’ll put the dog in the car and go for a hike. I’ll think, ‘My dog needs exercise, so we’re both benefiting.'”

Biggest Diet Hits & Misses

• Do check ins. “I weigh myself every morning. If I don’t, before you know it, I’ll be up 10 pounds. It creeps. This morning, it was up 2 pounds. That’s OK. But if it’s up 6 pounds? I need to make adjustments.”

• Run from fad diets. “My biggest regret is putting my body through fad diets: Atkins, cleanses, the hCG diet. I lost like 18 pounds, but it came right back. The worst was fasting with colonics for three or four days. It was the most horrifying experience ever!”

173-Calorie Breakfast

• Sneaky swap I love: Fage yogurt for sour cream or mayo. “I make this chicken dish that you’re supposed to coat in mayonnaise, but I use Fage. My kids didn’t even know!”

• My 173-calorie breakfast: Greek yogurt + slivered almonds or whole oats. “I throw some slivered almonds in it or some whole, raw oats—straight out of the box—and just grab a spoon and eat it on the way driving my girls to school.” My two-step dinner: Salmon with balsamic onion. “I love making salmon with balsamic onions. There’s something so tangy and sweet about it.” Step 1: Season salmon with salt and pepper, and broil in the oven. Step 2: Slice up red onions; sauté in coconut or almond oil and balsamic vinegar until reduced to sauce. Top the salmon with it.

HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Jennie looks better than ever? Sound off!

– HL Staff

More Jennie Garth News:

1. Jennie Garth: Amanda Bynes Is Ignoring Me — So Sad
  2. Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth Take Co-Parenting ‘Day By Day’
  3. Jennie Garth Reveals Incredible Bikini Body Post-Divorce

Franchesca

Posted at 8:43 AM on January 23, 2014

I personally blog too and I am publishing a thing similar to this particular posting, “Jennie Garth Weight Loss – Reveals Secrets To
Health – Hollywood Life”. Would you mind in cases where Iincorporate
a number of of your concepts? Thanks for the post ,Florentina

free nude sex webcams

Posted at 10:40 PM on July 1, 2013

I read this article completely regarding the resemblance of most up-to-date and previous technologies,
it’s awesome article.

Live Hardcore Sex Cams Web-site Customers Examine

Posted at 11:41 PM on June 21, 2013

It’s in fact very difficult in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, so I just use world wide web for that reason, and get the hottest news.

bbxemcjyhixy

Posted at 2:39 AM on June 16, 2013

akjvzckhiymz

free live sex video chats

Posted at 5:18 AM on May 27, 2013

What’s up to every body, it’s my first visit of this webpage; this webpage
consists of awesome and genuinely fine material in favor of
readers.

live sexy webcams free

Posted at 2:06 AM on May 24, 2013

Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to offer something again and help others like you aided me.

random chat

Posted at 11:05 PM on May 23, 2013

Link exchange is nothing else except it is just placing the
other person’s web site link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.

Reginald

Posted at 9:16 PM on May 23, 2013

I am extremely inspired with your writing abilities and also with the layout in your blog.
Is this a paid subject matter or did you modify it your self?
Either way stay up the nice high quality writing, it’s rare to peer a nice weblog like this one nowadays..

free chatting for sex

Posted at 5:31 AM on May 23, 2013

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous
to and you are just too great. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous site.

vwfmtbifgdzn

Posted at 9:20 AM on April 15, 2013

kibzvhiehxrs

xwcbgtkxcwlv

Posted at 9:19 AM on April 15, 2013

jpcxnnkwgkyb

mdrxloqpoaoe

Posted at 11:27 AM on March 19, 2013

rtoodgqwhrey

bxunptjiarag

Posted at 11:25 AM on March 19, 2013

ncyganspvvcn

Dillon

Posted at 10:58 PM on January 25, 2013

My developer is trying to convince me to move
to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on various websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform.
I have heard very good things about blogengine.
net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

Trixie

Posted at 5:28 AM on January 4, 2013

Cocaine will do that to a body. yep she didn’t exercise.

JJ

Posted at 11:02 AM on January 3, 2013

I hope her diet involves lots of c@ck sucking and swallowing.