‘X Factor’s’ Tate Stevens: Real Reason He’s Performing ‘New Year’s Eve’

Mon, December 31, 2012 11:59am EST by 5 Comments
Courtesy Of Fox

A source tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY why Tate Stevens is the first ‘X Factor’ winner to perform on New Year’s Eve Live! Read on for ALL the details!

It’s been less than two weeks since Tate Stevens was crowned The X Factor winner and already his career is on the rise! The 37-year-old country singer is performing on NEW YEAR’S EVE LIVE! and HollywoodLife.com has ALL the EXCLUSIVE details on why he was chosen to kick off 2013!

Even though the show just finished its second season, there’s a reason why Tate is performing tonight, Dec. 31, and last year’s winner, Melanie Amaro, didn’t.

“Melanie wanted to go home and be with her family after the show and do the holiday thing,” a source tells us EXCLUSIVELY. “Tate is 37-years-old and his dreams are coming true, so he wants to do everything to get the life he and his family wants. His family is completely on board and with him every step of the way. Tate is doing everything to become a star.”

HollywoodLife.com was there when Tate won the contest and he told us how happy he was to represent the country community!

“It’s very important. The X Factor hasn’t had a country artist, this is only season 2, but last year they didn’t have one. I think it’s big for the X Factor and I think it’s big for country music to get involved with this. I’m just happy to be the vessel that got it done,” he said.

Tate will be joined by Lifehouse and Carmen Electra, where he will perform on NEW YEAR’S EVE LIVE! airing Monday, Dec. 31 (11:00 PM-12:30 AM ET live; CT/MT/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.

We can’t wait to watch him rock the stage!

So HollywoodLifers, will you be watching Tate perform during the New Year’s Eve celebration? Sound off in your comments below!

Reporting by Russ Weakland

1. Fifth Harmony Should Win ‘The X Factor’ — But They Won’t
  2. Simon Cowell: Carly Rose Sonenclar Will Win ‘The X Factor’
  3. Simon Cowell & Carmen Electra’s Sexy PDA Revealed

Melody Dee

Posted at 8:52 PM on January 1, 2013

Song was boring. I turned it on to see him but switched to Ryan Seacrest after 30 seconds. He seems too stiff

Teresa Nelson

Posted at 11:06 PM on December 31, 2012

Just found out Tate Stevens will be performing on the Fox 4 annual New Years Eve bash and I have already switched my t.v. Channel. He is a “One of a Kind” performer and person and wouldn’t miss it.

Alice

Posted at 7:00 PM on December 31, 2012

It will be very interesting to see Tate perform on New Year’s Eve, away from the X Factor stage. I have been debating the song he will choose with a coworker at DISH. We both think it would be a great opportunity for him to show some new material that hasn’t been heard previously. I can’t wait to hear it, I am so glad I won’t miss his performance with my DISH Hopper. With my late train home tonight, I have my DVR set to automatically record the entire episode. The 2,000 hours of recording space is more than enough room, and I love that I can fast forward through commercials on my recordings. Tate was my favorite contestant all season, so I was overjoyed with his win. I can’t wait to hear his first performance as a winner, I am sure that he will make his family proud.

Suzi burns

Posted at 6:25 PM on December 31, 2012

starting home just to watch Tate ring in the new Year. Couldn’t happen to a nicer more talented guy. All American family. All American dream.

miriam ogawa

Posted at 4:16 PM on December 31, 2012

we love tate so much! we know he is going to be succesful!!