New Year’s Eve is almost here, and if you haven’t finalized your ‘do for the most glamorous night of the year, here’s a little hair-spiration from a few of your favorite celebs!
Whether you’re thinking, up, down, ponytail or chignon, knowing how to achieve the look you want is the hardest part. Never fear, Harry Josh, John Frieda International Creative Consultant is here with tips to recreate these four popular styles.
Reese Witherspoon’s Chic Chignon
1) Apply gel like the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Clearly Defined Style‑Holding Gel to the root of damp hair to help achieve a sleek, flat shape.
2) Using a tail comb (rather than a round brush), blow out hair, combing it flat against the head.
3) Create an extreme, slick, side part, and pull hair back into a bun.
Gwenyth Paltrow’s High Ponytail
1) Use a light styling crème, such as Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation, and apply to the roots of damp hair.
2) Blow dry hair and follow with a flat iron to straighten.
3) Brush hair back into a high pony.
4) Secure hair with an elastic.
5) To disguise the elastic, either tie a pretty ribbon around the pony or pull a piece of hair out of the pony, wrap it around the elastic and secure it underneath the pony with a bobby pin.
6) Spritz with hairspray to finish like Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hair Spray.
Blake Lively’s Fishtail Braid
1) Begin by gathering all of the hair to one side of the head, then divide it into two equal parts.
2) Take a small piece of hair (around ½ inch wide) from the first section and add it into the second section.
3) Continue by taking the same size piece as before from the second section and adding it to the first section.
4) Repeat this step three to four times before pulling the two sides tight to reveal a fishtail pattern.
5) Continue swapping pieces between sections until you no longer have enough hair to continue weaving back and forth.
6) Secure the ends with a small elastic.
7) Once tight, begin loosening the braid softly with your fingers to give it more of a sexy, undone texture. This ensures the braid won’t look too overstyled.
8) Finish by spritzing with hair spray to hold, such as the Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray.
Ashley Greene’s Half-Up Sweep
1) Apply volumizing spray at the crown and blast with a blow dryer to create lift like Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion.
2) Sweep the front of hair back, and secure with pins at the crown.
3) Curl sections with a 1 ¼ inch iron, and run fingers through to loosen the curl almost completely.
4) Pull pieces out in the front to frame the face.
5) Finish with a shine spray, like Frizz-Ease 100% Shine.
– Jennifer Tzeses
More Beauty News:
- Christina Aguilera’s Silvery Blonde Bob: Hot Or Not? Vote
- Ivanka Trump Launching A Fragrance: Get The Details
- Shaun White Chops Off His Signature Long Tresses For Charity: See The Pics