‘X Factor’ Finale Recap: The Winning Act Is Revealed

Fri, December 21, 2012 12:54am EDT by 15 Comments
X Factor Winner
Courtesy of FOX (3)

tate sucks

Posted at 5:08 AM on February 18, 2013

Tate Stevens sucks. his whole story was a lie and I find him very unethical. There’s nothing special about him, he doesn’t have anything unique about his voice, .

fprex scam

Posted at 7:59 AM on January 14, 2013

Felix Homogratus, Dimitri Chavkerov Rules! You pay us we post good about us!!

natalie

Posted at 2:37 PM on December 29, 2012

carly shuold have won because country music does not actually get to top charts

Sam

Posted at 11:43 AM on December 21, 2012

Tate Stevens isn’t even his real name. it’s Stephen Eatinger, and old friends of his came forward saying that when X factor filmed it was not he and his wifes anniversary. He also NEVER gave up singing, he was still singing every week at local dives, and he wasn’t a pavement layer- he was actually a managing foreman and knew his job was secure. Sad that he duped a lot of people into voting for a fake sob story. Everyone knew that X Factor was pushing for him to win, so it’s no surprise. They needed a Karaoke Cowboy to win because Country music will basically take whatever POS that can sing slightly on key and they needed to save face since Melanie’s music isn’t launching her well.

anonangel

Posted at 6:09 PM on December 22, 2012

Hmm interesting. Remember when he picked the song for the Boot Camp and Willie didn’t know it and L.A. said Tate “hussled” Willie.

Rachel

Posted at 1:05 AM on December 21, 2012

Overall, I was really happy with the finale, Tate really deserved the win. With how much L.A. complained about getting the over 25 group, a coworker at DISH pointed out the irony of his contestant being the winner. But he worked hard and I love that he is getting the chance to live out his dream. I am so glad that even with my late train; I didn’t miss any of this emotional finale with my DISH Hopper. It was set to automatically record the entire season, putting the 2,000 hours of recording space to good use. I loved never missing a performance and fast forwarding through commercials on my recordings is a plus. It was touching to see Tate walk away with the win, and I can’t wait to hear more from him in the future.

Nicole

Posted at 12:28 AM on December 21, 2012

I’m pretty sure most people voted for Tate because of his story. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and has a good voice, but I would never spend money to see him in concert because his stage performances has been nothing but boring.

Carly's Angel

Posted at 12:23 AM on December 21, 2012

If I was living in USA I would vote Carly, because I think she has amazing talent! I’m really sorry because of she didn’t win, but actually she will be a superstar in the future and I think Britney won’t leave her. (Sorry for my English)

Abimbola Adesanya

Posted at 12:19 AM on December 21, 2012

Did age play a parrt in voting and decisiion process? Ii think Carly Rose deserves to win, bt if yu think she’s too young to win I’d ask what has age got to do with it. Tate too is gud bt Carly is bvetter

kool

Posted at 11:27 PM on December 20, 2012

i m grad Tate Steven win. Carly is young and extremely talented.she will get better recording contract than this and she is already a superstar

dumas1000

Posted at 11:05 PM on December 20, 2012

Carly-Rose and Fifth Harmony have no marketplace. They are the ones that won’t make it far. Both Carly-Rose and Fifth Harmony lacked a defined demographic and not enough people who buy their records if they made one. Tate Stevens was by far the most commercially viable act in this entire competition. Carly sings and acts like an adult, so teens/tweens will not buy her albums, but she isn’t an adult, so adults won’t buy her album either. There is zero desire for girl groups, which is why we have not seen one in well over a decade, which is why nobody is buying a Fifth Harmony album. On top of that fact, on a basic human level, Carly-Rose is not particularly relateable.

Tyler

Posted at 12:11 AM on December 21, 2012

I disagree, Carly-Rose is going places. You just watch.

diane rasbury

Posted at 11:52 AM on December 21, 2012

What do you mean not relatable???? She is exactly what young people relate to other young people like themselves. But you are probably 20 something. I am 58 and the girl can sing!!! She will be a super star or should I sayshe is a super star.

anonangel

Posted at 6:08 PM on December 22, 2012

Lots of peeps like Fifth Harmony and a girl group is gonna be big.

snnnb

Posted at 10:33 PM on December 20, 2012

not surprised, tate won because there’s lot’s of people in the south, there are many country music guys just like him. Carly and fifth harmony are unique. He won’t make it far..