NRA Responds To Sandy Hook Massacre: Put Armed Guards At Schools

Fri, December 21, 2012 12:03pm EST by 20 Comments
NRA Gun Control Speech
Courtesy Of ABC

Joe

Posted at 2:46 AM on April 17, 2013

Wayne LaPierre speaks……and says nothing of any intellectual value whatsoever.

The Truth Ruth

Posted at 10:13 AM on April 11, 2013

Thats the Truth Ruth

The Truth Ruth

Posted at 10:12 AM on April 11, 2013

In fact,there was a really nice man that went to my church when i lived in a big city ( a notoriously dangerous city). He was a nice God fearing man that owned a gun. Well, as the story goes,one night as his wife and children and himself were sleeping in their beds a man broke into his house. And the very nice man that went to my church, shot and killed the intruder to protect his wife and children. Idk what that intruder’s intentions were…it could have been murder, robbery, hostage situation, RAPE, kidnapping ect. Thankfully there was not enough time to find out. But what if that old church brother of mine did not have his gun that night? Then what would have happened to his family? Its easy to say that he should have not had a gun when it was not your family in such immediate danger. But he did have his gun, and he did save his family from someone who was at least crazy enough to break into his house at night. THATS why honest well-intentioned ppl need their guns. I love my president. But HIS family is protected by armed guards…dont forget that.

Jessy Cadenas (@JessyCadenas)

Posted at 4:32 AM on December 29, 2012

NRA Supporter AND a Mom

Posted at 10:25 PM on January 2, 2013

@ Jessy Cadenas… ? I wanna move to Canada. It sounds safer.

margo esser

Posted at 9:13 PM on December 23, 2012

When planes hit the towers, no one talked about getting rid of planes. I don’t know how we
are going to do it; but, I believe, we have to find a way to monitor mentally ill people. I do not
believe that Lanza did not show signs of pending violence. Once someone is diagnosed with
a major mental illness, that includes a history of violence to himself or others, we need to
track these persons and their medications. We need to make it mandatory they are being
seen by a mental health professional. If he was burning himself, he could “burn” others.
There has to be an accounting of their treaments and medications. This would not violate their
rights, but insure their right to care. The problem is not about guns but about mentally ill
persons, their treatment, their medications. Something more than aspergers was going on
with this young man. He was dangerous and the last thing he needed was access to
weapons made for WAR. If he didn’t get the weapons, there are many other ways he could
harm children.

Jessy Cadenas (@JessyCadenas)

Posted at 4:36 AM on December 29, 2012

The problem is also, the easy access of this ill people, to big guns. Must be controlled, and under very stricted reglamentations like here in Canada.

NRA Supporter AND a Mom

Posted at 10:34 PM on January 2, 2013

@Margo: I am a firm believer in placing them back into mental institutions. Where they belong,to keep our children AND decent society, safe.
Back in a certain state,where I used to live, mentally ill people had their children removed,placed on very high doses of anti-psychotic / anti-depressantsd,whatever they needed, and they were forced to go to psychiatrists/counsellors. If they resisted their medications, they were placed in jail,and FORCEFULLY given them, and told that they would remain in jail,till they cooperated.
It is high time that mentally ill people were treated as they are meant to be treated: like dangerous people capable of violence .
I agree: they need to be placed on medications and monitored. If they do not cooperate, then they need to go to a mental health facility and kept there. For the benefit of children and decent society, to keep us all safe.
I am a firm believer,that children do not need to be subject to, or nearby, a mentally ill person. This should be a lesson for Congress to act and place these people back in institutions, where they belong. For the benefit of our children,and to keep them safe.
Every killer and violent criminal, exhibits violent behavior, and that is because they are mentally ill.
The only difference between a criminal and a mentally ill person, is the fact that mentally ill person, hasn’t committed a crime YET.

Faith

Posted at 12:28 PM on December 23, 2012

I mean I live in Canada, but as a student, having guards at the school would simply scare me. School is supposed to be an inviting environment for students.nit wars them off. I know this is simply for our security, but instead of guards why don’t they just crack down on their gun laws. Not the best decision.

Jessy Cadenas (@JessyCadenas)

Posted at 4:39 AM on December 29, 2012

I live in canada. My opinion is the same of yours. The problem is the easy access of people to big guns. Must be controlled, and under very stricted reglamentations like here in Canada.

just sayin'

Posted at 4:33 PM on December 22, 2012

OMG you americans are so ridiculous!!! No schools should NOT have to have armed guards. No teachers should NOT be armed. Whats stopping them from going on a shooting rampage? Maybe its time to just figure out your gun laws in general. Disgusting your nation is.

Jessy Cadenas (@JessyCadenas)

Posted at 4:39 AM on December 29, 2012

I agree with you. :)

S.V.K.

Posted at 12:34 AM on December 22, 2012

I think teachers should carry guns and the school pay for them to learn how to shoot,It has come to that. Cause these cowards if you notice go to places like schools, theaters, malls all places where no one has a gun to defend themselves,and they plan it that way. We have to change it around putting policemen in schools is a good idea, but not enough.

nunya

Posted at 8:40 AM on December 27, 2012

It is absolutely ridiculous to me that people believe the solution to the problem is to give more people guns! When I go to the movies or send my kids off to school my last thought should not be “dont forget your gun”! Armed guards at schools is NOT a good idea. In fact… parents that raise their family in cities spend thousands of dollars to keep their kids out of public schools because of the danger. There are others ways to resolve this. But just like every issue with this country we are all going to be comletely divided.

Jessy Cadenas (@JessyCadenas)

Posted at 4:42 AM on December 29, 2012

I agree with you. In Canada there is not problems like Sandy Hook school shooting. In Canada, we have very stricted guns controls, to buy, to use, licenses, etc.

Syndi

Posted at 11:44 PM on December 21, 2012

Even if stores don’t sell guns people will still find ways to get them. Look at drugs they are illegal and still can be obtained. I had to small children in school and I am all for armed guards! I want my children protected in any way possible. I don’t feel that guns are right for every situation, but this one I do. I do think there should be stronger laws on who can buy guns too. Like Chris said almost anybody can buy a gun. I don’t think that it will eliminate the problem, but it may help some.

Jessy Cadenas (@JessyCadenas)

Posted at 4:41 AM on December 29, 2012

felicia R.I.

Posted at 10:40 PM on December 21, 2012

NRA IS SMOKING CRACK!!! I’M LOST FOR WORDS RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS YES!! ONE ARM PER BEAR NOTHING MORE!!!!!! I’M SURE OUR FOUNDING FATHERS WOULD BE APPLAUDED!!

chris

Posted at 4:33 PM on December 21, 2012

why should our kids have to go to school with armed guards. while anyone can go into any gun store and buy any kind of weapon they want without questions. something wrong with this picture. the world has gone mad. unfortunately there is a lot of crazy people out there

Jessy Cadenas (@JessyCadenas)