Sandy Hook Victim Noah Pozner, 6, Remembered In Emotional Eulogy

Tue, December 18, 2012 12:10pm EDT by 5 Comments
Noah Ponzer Funeral Newtown
Courtesy of Facebook

Little Noah was killed on Dec. 14 after gunman Adam Lanza attacked Sandy Hook Elementary School, a shooting massacre that took the lives of 20 kids and six adults. His parents relived the little boy’s happy moments during his funeral on Dec. 17. Read on for the full heartfelt eulogy.

Noah Pozner, 6, is remembered as a clever and kind young boy, a bright soul who was taken much too early at the hands of cold-blooded killer Adam Lanza, 20, after he gunned down Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtowon, Conn. on Dec. 14. Noah was laid to rest on Dec. 17, and his uncle Alexis Haller delivered a beautiful eulogy, as posted by the New York Post via the Associated Press:

“Words cannot express the unfathomable loss we feel.

Noah was a wonderful son and a loving brother. He was kind, caring, smart, funny, and sometimes even a little mischievous. He liked to tell his sisters that he worked in a taco factory; when they asked him how he got to work, he would give them a funny look as if to say he knew something that they didn’t.

Noah was a little kid. He loved animals, video games and Mario Brothers. He was already a very good reader, and had just bought a Ninjago book at a book fair that he was really excited about reading. He was also very excited about going to a birthday party he had been invited to. It was to take place on Saturday, Dec. 15.

Noah loved his family dearly, especially his mom, his dad, his big sisters Danielle and Sophia, his big brother Michael, and his dear twin Arielle. He called Arielle his best friend, and she was — and always had been.

If Noah had not been taken from us, he would have become a great man. He would been a wonderful husband and a loving father. He would have been a backbone of our family for years to come. His loss, and our loss, are deep indeed.

It is unspeakably tragic that none of us can bring Noah back. We would go to the ends of the Earth to do so, but none of us can.

What we can do is carry Noah within us, always. We can remember the joy he brought to us. We can hold his memory close to our hearts. We can treasure him forever. And all of us, including the family, the community, the country and the world, can honor Noah by loving each other and taking care of each other. That’s what Noah would have wanted.

Noah, we love you so much, we miss you dearly, and we will never, ever forget you.”

Such beautiful words for an unthinkable tragedy. Our thoughts are with Noah’s family during this difficult time.

What do YOU think of Noah’s eulogy HollyMoms?

– Christina Stiehl

More Sandy Hook massacre news:

1. Six First Graders Shot By Sandy Hook Gunman While Running To Safety
  2. Girl, 6, Is Sole Survivor Of Class Shooting — Played Dead To Survive
  3. 20 Innocent Children Gunned Down In School Shooting Identified — Pics

Jimmie

Posted at 11:06 AM on December 22, 2012

In the midst of all of our tears and seeking answers, we have seen a miracle happening. I am looking to the parents for my role models. Through their tears we are hearing so many brave words. When Grace’s mom finds her next role in light of this loss of her Amazing Grace, I want to help. Other parents have also been very eloquent and sharing. I would love to hear loving comments about all the children from their parents and loved ones. I started my 20 acts of kindness, hugged all my children’s teachers with thank you emails, gave my twenty $1 bills, made a ton of snowflakes to be sent to the Sandy Elem. and i am feeling a little stronger for the parents.

One of the miracle signs is the focus on faith by our networks, especially CNN.. I have lived a long time and this is so different. In the earlier tragedies, that was missing. Thank you parents for helping me refocus and to feel the warmth and love that you shared with your wonderful children. This made me feel that their teacher, Vicki Soto, had a unique role with these children both as their teacher and one who was priviledged to have that daily impact on their lives. If we are not able to see their faces again, I will forever have their images in my heart and keep their families in my prayers
I hear the town folks saying to leave and to allow them to heal. I hope that when that does happen, the parents will know that we are not forgetting them and their precious children. Your brave attitudes in light of the heart break and your grace is so welcome. I hope that God will continue to give you strengh.

julie

Posted at 1:51 AM on December 20, 2012

There is something special about Noah’s face that I cannot stop looking at, I truly think he is God’s angel that was brought to earth for a short time to give a glimpse of just how beautiful heaven is … when I first saw his face, I just wanted to reach through the screen and hug him, as I went through more of the pictures, I really started to believe that God wanted to bring His little angels home, and I believe in my heart of hearts that he took thier souls before that beast ever shot any of them, they never felt fear or pain, they just saw God’s loving face reaching our His hand for them to come home, My heart breaks for all of the families. I just lost my sister to cancer before Thanksgiving and while she was younger (at least from my perspective) she did not meet the shock all of you have to deal with. It is hard to find peace in all of this, I am struggling myself. All I can offer you is my prayers, and my steadfast belief that this world is short and eternity is forever, and I am sure as I am breathing your boy is in God’s loving arms getting the biggest hug of his life! I hope it brings you a little solace. You are in my prayers.

Sabra

Posted at 1:57 PM on December 18, 2012

When I look at those children faces,so hard for me to believe they aren’t here anymore. I have 12 grandchildren between 5 and 19, All I wanted to do is hug them. I wish the media would stop giving air to the killer ,it really is so sicking for now,give these families time to heal and not have to hear about this person or see his face or hear his name. At least for now. God bless the parents who have lost there babies and God grant them strength,and the families of the teachers that gave there lives for there students, They are the Hero’s.

michelle benda

Posted at 1:17 PM on December 18, 2012

Beautiful eulogy, I cried reading it! As a mother myself my heart weighs heavy for the victims families and friends, its so hard to watch the news media when they show the sweet little faces of the 20 innocent children and 6 brave adults who all lost their lives due to the unthinkable tragedy on December 14, 2012! May they rest in peace, and their families and friends find peace and comfort during this difficult time!!!

immaculate

Posted at 1:02 PM on December 18, 2012

I makes me cry and angry to why it happen

It painful to lose someone such cruelty it just not fair that so called man would do such a thing and get away with it no words can be matched or sad that can take this image out of my mind