Bella Thorne V. Zendaya: Battle Of The ‘Seventeen’ Prom Cover

Tue, December 18, 2012 4:03pm EDT by 59 Comments
Seventeen Prom Cover
Courtesy Seventeen

The ‘Shake It Up’ stars and Bffs, looked equally beautiful on their magazine covers–do YOU have a favorite look? Sound off below!

Bella Thorne, 15, is a vision in pink lips and long waves; Zendaya, 16, rocks serious volume and natural makeup. Both starlets and real life bffs are so glam for

Real life besties, Zendaya says, “Bella and I have rings that say ‘sisters.’ It’s like a friendship bracelet and makes us feel connected wherever we are or during bad times. I just look at my hand and remember that she has the exact same ring on and she loves me. It’s a reminder that I’m never alone,” says Zendaya.

Bella’s dream prom artist is Frank Ocean. ‘Thinking Of You’ is one of my favorite songs. He makes really sweet music for slow dancing at prom.” She says of her prom dress, Bella says “I think that since it’s prom, you should definitely wear a long dress. You can wear a short one anytime! This is the moment when you get to be a princess, and for me, that means a sweetheart neckline, long, then pouf—out and big.”

Zendaya on dating: “I just turned 16, and I’m now allowed to date, but I’m not trying to rush into anything. I’m letting things happen the way they naturally would. It would be nice [to have a boyfriend], but I’m not like, Ooh, I need a boyfriend.” Her dream date: “Honestly, my dream prom date would just be someone that I really like and someone that I would want to spend time with. It doesn’t have to be a celebrity crush or anything, just someone I really care about.” “It’s every girl’s dream to be asked to prom in some cute, romantic way. You know how you have the way its supposed to be in your brain? It’s a vision. I want my fairy-tale moment!”

On her promise ring, Bella says, “It’s not the traditional promise ring. It’s basically to always stay truthful. I think that’s a really important part of a relationship, that you’re always honest with each other. The [other] ring has a heart and, ‘Tristan and Bella’ is inscribed. It’s a promise to stay pure to ourselves.”

HollywoodLifers, who’s your favorite cover star? Sound off below!

– HL Staff

More ‘Seventeen’ Magazine Cover Girls:

1. Ashley Greene’s Hot ‘Seventeen’ Cover: See Her Colorful Makeup Look
  2. Kendall & Kylie Jenner Look So Cute On ‘Seventeen’ Magazine Cover
  3. Nina Dobrev Tells ‘Seventeen’ I Was A High School Wallflower

Jennette

Posted at 5:46 AM on January 15, 2013

Zendaya is way better than Bella. Zendaya is prettier, has a better voice, dances better, has a better figure than her and is smarter than Bella. You haters that are saying Bella is way talented and prettier you’re wrong you just can’t face the fact that zendaya is a brown skin type but she’s better than Bella .

swaggers

Posted at 9:07 PM on January 9, 2013

y’all need to shout the funk up zendaya is not a bad person shes just like u guys maybe u guys are just jealous of her so u shouldn’t be saying those things about z they are both great

Lydia

Posted at 8:22 AM on January 6, 2013

THE VOES ARE TOTALLY FAIR AND TRUE!!!!BELLA FOR THE WIN!!!!

Sarah

Posted at 8:20 AM on January 6, 2013

Bella’s way more beautiful!!!I’m not a Bellarina or a Zswagger or whatever but Bella’s skin is perfect and her body is flawless!Her smile is contagious to be honest lol and btw she’s winning cuz there’s a reason,she’s better!Zendaya’s not ugly at all but she has something not pretty I dont know her nose is not good and I think she tries to hard to look hot!I’ve seen pix of Bella and Zendaya without makeup and being FAIRLY HONEST Bella’s more prettier without makeup,which makes her NATURALLY more beautiful,don’t get me wrong Zendaya’s beautiful too,but it’s makeup that makes her beauty so for me BELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heyywhtzup

Posted at 7:27 PM on January 8, 2013

i don’t know who the heck u are but u should not be saying those things about zendaya u never meant her before u don’t know how she looks like in real life so i am steading up for because i love her she is awesome u don’t know how that make her feel very sad what if someone said the same thing to u how would u feel

Nicki

Posted at 11:22 AM on January 5, 2013

tell me why Zendaya isn’t winning. She has more volume & beauty and hers looks a lot more natural, to where Bella looks fake.

AND TO ALL YA LITTLE DUMMIES, EVERY CELEBRITY TRIES HARD. It’s just all this s#!t you say about them that makes them wanna try harder. Don’t criticize.

Chloe

Posted at 8:47 AM on January 2, 2013

Bella was and will always be better, zendaya is a total diva, she is like I am soo famous I don’t need to greet you or anything while bella was sweet and nice to me and my friends when we met her. So fr me,BELLA all the way!!

Nicki

Posted at 11:19 AM on January 5, 2013

that is actually untrue. Zendaya is a lot sweeter with her fans because Shake It Up is the only thing she has going for her, while Bella has been in a lot more. she’s just had more experience. You can’t hold that against Daya.

Selenator

Posted at 8:40 AM on January 2, 2013

Bella is the best that’s why she is winning! Bellarinas love her <3

Kara

Posted at 3:51 PM on December 27, 2012

who rigged the votes? Zendaya should be in lead by 100 percent.

Ray

Posted at 3:47 PM on December 27, 2012

Zendaya dat gurl sexy af

Serena

Posted at 3:46 PM on December 27, 2012

Zendaya shes gorgeous inside and out. Love her <3

Sally

Posted at 3:36 AM on December 23, 2012

Bella!!!!!!!!She’s the BEST!!!!

fadima

Posted at 5:09 AM on December 22, 2012

zendaya i´m rooting for you

fadima-like-zendaya-and-1d

Posted at 5:11 AM on December 22, 2012

i´m rooting for you zendaya you are the best

heyitschantele

Posted at 12:39 PM on January 12, 2013

i agree zendaya is he best out of bella even without make-up zendaya still loos pretty but bella has to puon make up all the time b the bella can’t the computers ae doing all the work for her and i am not a bellrina i am i zwagger i am voting for zendaya love zendaya and zendayais a waybttr dance than bella boo hoo bella i do not like you

JULENAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted at 3:14 PM on December 20, 2012

Both really awkward……

Z (@RedefinedByDani)

Posted at 12:40 PM on December 20, 2012

You all just need to stop with this comments who is better, bot covers are so pretty and amazing. Bella and Zendaya are BFF´s and they will not love how their fans act about this.

Ivory

Posted at 12:34 PM on December 20, 2012

Like, forreal Lisa??? I’m sure Bella would be so proud of you saying that about one of her best friends :) What a real ego you have going there…. -_-

Lisa

Posted at 10:42 AM on December 20, 2012

BELLA IS WAY BETTER THAN ZENDAYA!She is so sweet and humble,maybe she doesn’t sing amazingly but her acting is perfectly pure and amazing!Zendaya tries to hard to act AND dance,while it comes out naturally with Bella!Also I haven’t met them but seriously if you see Zendaya’s tweets you can be SURE that it’s a diva!!All she talks about is swag and tweets pics of herself and tweet yeah I’m wreeeking it!Like seriously??Also Bella has fresh faces day and if you see her without makeup Bella is beautiful!!!While Zendaya without makeup looks like a monkey!And even with makeup Zendaya is NOT pretty!!!Bella looks F.L.A.W.L.E.S.S!!!We can see that Zendaya’s fake!!!Bella looks way more natural and pretty and YES she is LATINA!!!!So stop lying!!!!Now to resume—->BELLA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

Posted at 11:14 AM on December 20, 2012

Zendaua is better u.u STUPID

Losing

Posted at 11:31 AM on December 20, 2012

One, calm down. Two, because Zendaya tweets about things she likes, she’s a diva? Three, even if you don’t like her, there’s no reason to hate. I’m sure Bella would love to hear that you hate one of her best friends.

Mosun

Posted at 6:52 AM on December 31, 2012

Why r u such a hater lisa or wat ever ur name she’s getting payed anyway,just because u dnt like her doesn’t mean u should say bad things bout her so go nd do ur hating somewhere else in ur toilet or something ISH!! U LOOK BEAUTIFUL DAYA yoU A NATURAL DON’T LET NO BASTARDS GET U DOWN MWAH!!

Tiffany

Posted at 9:38 PM on December 19, 2012

sorry about typos in previous post using voice recognition and it types Sunday for Zendaya

Brendan

Posted at 1:27 AM on December 20, 2012

Tiffany…I doubt you are a mom…you type like a moron. I don’t believe anything you say actually. Bella is a doll.

Sally

Posted at 9:35 PM on December 19, 2012

Why are all of you on here so judgmental it really makes me sick you don’t know these girls how can you hate or love someone if you’ve just met them one time that makes no sense as far as talent goes that can be judged but it’s only an opinion then they can say she puts it on YouTube of herself singing Bella can’t you will never hear her singing into a mic by herself because she Just can’t That can be clearly seen or heard but as far as who’s cover is better it’s just a matter of opinion My opinion is Sunday is is better it’s more natural her smile seems more natural and the tone of her skin is more beautiful in my opinion

zendayafan

Posted at 8:21 PM on December 19, 2012

Hmmmm ZENDAYA all the way!!!!! Much better
! Bella: she doesn’t look very good. She also thinks she’s all that -.-

ISLY

Posted at 7:04 PM on December 19, 2012

I THINK THAT BELLA LOOKS MUCH BETTER THAN ZENDAYA AND I AGREE WITH SOME OF YOU; ZENDAYA IN PERSON IS JUST A DIVA. SHE DOES NOT SAY HI TO ANYBODY AND SHE THINK THAT SHE IS BETTER THAN ANYONE. YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW THAT BELLA IS A NATURAL IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA SINCE SHE’S BEEN IN FRONT OF ONE SINCE SHE WAS A BABY. YOU DON’T HAVE TO LOOK LATIN TO BE A LATINA, IF YOU GET BETTER INFORM BEFORE JUDGING YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THERE ARE PLENTY OF LATINA THAT ARE WHITE WITH RED HAIR, BLUE EYES, BLONDE ETC. BELLA ALL THE WAY.

Tiffany

Posted at 9:40 PM on December 19, 2012

She’s not Latina she just claims to be Latina so she can be in more markets

heyitschantele

Posted at 12:43 PM on January 12, 2013

no bella trys to dance but she can’t and she always has to put makeup on

Katherine

Posted at 2:08 PM on December 19, 2012

has anyone noticed how Bella’s breast size constantly changes? one day she’s big next day she’s flat it’s like so fake ..,and a Latina?? I don’t think so!! Zendaya is real and talented not manufactured and fake like that other one

Cindy

Posted at 3:19 PM on December 19, 2012

Seriously??!It depends on the bra duh!My breast size change too!!!On casual days I put small bras and on parties I put big bras!!!She is so not fake!How can you not think so!!??Do you even know her???!I don’t think so!!!And have you met them??!!Well I met them BOTH and to be honest I didn’t like Bella first but when I met them Bella was WAY nicer,she was so sweet while Zendaya was a TOTAL diva and didn’t even say hi!!!And you say she’s talented??I don’t think so!She tries to hard in acting while Bella is just naturally talented and in singing,well,I don’t think it’s for both of them so to resume BELLA THORNE IS WAY BETTER THAN ZENDAYA CUZ SHE’S REAL SWEET TALENTED AND NOT A DIVA LIKE THE “OTHER ONE”
BELLA ALL THE WAY!

stephanie

Posted at 6:42 PM on December 19, 2012

hey cindy!! you can not tell that zendaya is not beautiful because is not true ..I’ll say that I think your really seen zendaya ***….I’m sure zendaya is a thousand times more beautiful than you

Tiffany

Posted at 9:32 PM on December 19, 2012

Seriously who gives a flying F about either of these girls but I can tell you that my experience in meeting Bella was exactly the opposite of what you say she was rude to me and my daughters and she’s a terrible role model showing way too much skin and way too much kissing in public when she was only 13 that was the first time she had a boyfriend And was kissing in public and it was videotaped and put on YouTube I think that Sunday has been raised in a much different way she may not of said hi to you because you didn’t say hi to her she doesn’t go around just saying hi to everybody she’s just a normal person but in the long run who cares will either of these girls have a long life in Hollywood I don’t know I don’t really care It’s just an opinion and opinions are like a holes we all have them But seriously though I can’t sing she tries to sing now I can’t dance she tries to dance she is a good actress I’ll give her that

Losing

Posted at 11:34 AM on December 20, 2012

So, because she didn’t say ‘hi’ she’s a diva? That makes sense. And can you calm down.

Brendan

Posted at 4:07 PM on December 19, 2012

bra size? umm ok….sometimes you are seeing old pix that were just put out. also clothes can do that as well. her weight varies to so maybe when she gains..she gets it in her boobs. her dad was cuban so yeah she is 1/2 latin,

Linda

Posted at 9:56 AM on December 19, 2012

BELLA IS WAY BETTER!!!!!

Micheala

Posted at 12:59 AM on December 19, 2012

Bella is beautiful and sweet. I met them both and Bella was much nicer. Zendaya was total diva and a snob.

Linda

Posted at 9:55 AM on December 19, 2012

EXACTLY what happened with me!!!!I used to love Zendaya but when I met her she was a TOTAL diva!!!!You are so right!!!!!

Losing

Posted at 11:35 AM on December 20, 2012

I want to hear how she’s a snob and a diva. All you guys say is that she is one. And the only complaint is that she didn’t say ‘hi’

sienna

Posted at 7:19 PM on December 18, 2012

i like both girls but i like bella’s cover better.

Alyssa

Posted at 4:12 PM on December 18, 2012

Neither of them are even old enough to go to prom though. They arn’t seniors in high school. I like Zendaya dress though.

Ivory

Posted at 4:44 PM on December 18, 2012

zendaya is old enough… she’s 16

Jaron Gordon

Posted at 6:12 PM on December 18, 2012

zendaya looks way better than bella thorne