Adam Lanza Suffered From Asperger’s Syndrome — Cause Of Shooting?

Tue, December 18, 2012 2:29pm EDT by 20 Comments
Adam Lanza Aspergers
SplashNews

Jerry Costello

Posted at 6:26 AM on July 29, 2013

I have been an amateur scientist since I was 24 years old. I am now 56 and just recently diagnosed with asperger’s syndrome – something I had all my life and didn’t know it. So far, I cannot find a single incident of any professionally diagnosed patient with autism or asperger’s ever killing anybody. The nature of autism always is destructive to oneself without the self being aware of it. I think Adam Lanza planned a suicide, but was going to take down as many innocents as possible. This is more sociopath behavior. Sociopath behavior is not found (so far as I know) in any one with autism or asperger’s on any level. I’d appreciate anyone finding evidence to refute my limited research, but of course I expect you to be a researcher yourself. I don’t have time to waste on those who are ignorant of the scientific method.

Jim Costello

TheFanThatBlowsItBack

Posted at 7:56 PM on December 20, 2012

First of all, autism or asperger syndrome has never been a contributing factor to violent behavior, nor was it this time!

However, there is something far, far worse than a school shooter, with or without autism or aspergers syndrome involved. It’s the hate-mongering ignoramuses who masquerade as journalists while goading even dumber ignoramuses and idiots into harming and killing thousands more! While I cherish the right to free speech, I’m afraid the Riot Act needs to be extended over such garbage as this, with the facts so twisted and contrive, and it’s evil purpose so cyrstal clear!

Charles Harris

Posted at 7:21 PM on December 19, 2012

You’re an idiot who knows nothing about us Aspies.

Bob Hussein

Posted at 4:28 PM on December 19, 2012

I am disgusted! That Hollywood author is retarded

morekare

Posted at 2:51 PM on December 19, 2012

Adam had Asperger’s Syndrome and the baby-sitter was told to never turn his back on Adam. He was living in the basement of his mother’s home. He had posters of guns on the walls.

Brett Carter

Posted at 3:52 PM on December 19, 2012

just because he has Asperger’s (or is suspected to have), does NOT mean it is the culprit..

Brett Carter

Posted at 11:40 PM on December 18, 2012

being someone that has Asperger’s, whoever wrote this needed to do their research a little frakking bit more before making this. I’m doing my best to contain my temper right now, because, you know, self-mutilation is a sign of DEPRESSION, STUPID!! It is so freaking pathetic how people just instantly connect all of this to Asperger’s, I mean, for one you arent ‘afflicted’ with it. It’s just a condition. I do NOT suffer from it; I blossom.

Brittney Lear

Posted at 6:56 AM on December 20, 2012

Exactly!!! My son has Aspergers, and the condition that they are talking about Adam being in is NOT the syndrome. I am afraid that now more stupid people will fear people with Asperger’s.

Rob

Posted at 8:07 PM on December 18, 2012

Whats wrong with this article? people with AS spend their lives being pushed around and ridiculed so its not suprising that some have hatred of people and are violent.

Do Your Research

Posted at 7:46 PM on December 18, 2012

As a speech pathologist who works with kids with Asperger’s, you are flat out wrong. Children with Asperger’s may appear shy in social settings (not all, some) but they are not violent by any means. This article should be removed promptly.

Brittney Lear

Posted at 6:58 AM on December 20, 2012

Thank you @ Do Your Research!

bella

Posted at 6:50 PM on December 18, 2012

Chloe your an idiot.

Ben

Posted at 4:39 PM on December 18, 2012

As an adult with Asperger’s Syndrome, I find it horrible that the media are citing Asperger’s Syndrome as one of the causes of the shooting. Do some research before you start “reporting” things like this.

zama

Posted at 3:59 PM on December 18, 2012

Autism had nothing to do with this

I’ve seen children and adults with it killing
Didn’t interpret in their minds “they were scared of people period ” killing and make “autism” like is a danger or evil illness no no no that BS he is a murderer finish ‘just sayin’

Fearful Mom ( aka Kristen's Evil Twin)

Posted at 3:35 PM on December 18, 2012

First off: BEFORE YOU REPORT ANYTHING REMOTELY USEFUL: KNOW YOUR FACTS !!!!
I also have Asperger’s and I have been a victim of other epople’s tempers and anger. This is NOT reporting. HL (namely, YOU, Chloe) should have an attorney in house. Or on retainer.I see LOTS of lawsuits coming your way.

Jes’ sayin’.

Disgusted

Posted at 2:51 PM on December 18, 2012

I am completely disgusted by the fact that you are “reporting” that aspergers caused this horrific incident. People with aspergers do not need a stigma added to their already difficult lives. It is irresponsible and incorrect to blame aspergers for this. If this monster had aspergers it didn’t cause this tragedy. There must have been other mental issues involved and I am completely disgusted and disappointed by the blatantly inaccurate reporting done by this site. Get your facts straight before you start throwing out ridiculous accusations that make life More difficult for innocent people with aspergers. My thoughts and prayers to those affected by this tragedy and I hope that the people at Hollywood life will think and research before they post anything else that could negatively effect innocent people.

Snotser

Posted at 3:28 PM on December 18, 2012

I second that Disgusted! There was something seriously wrong with this guy but Aspergers is not linked to any kind of planned violence like this. PLEASE be careful and
responsible about how you report this and don’t alienate a community that already has challenges!

Fearful Mom ( aka Kristen's Evil Twin)

Posted at 3:38 PM on December 18, 2012

@Snotster: 100 % agreed. We do not any more stigmas attatched to us already.
Thank u, Disgusted and Snotster for your comments. Both of u are 100 % on target. We are not known to be violent, and usually we are the victims. There had to be other things into play,to cause this, but Asperger’s is not one of them.
It is not a factor, and i can see that HL needs to do a retraction.

Fearful Mom ( aka Kristen's Evil Twin)

Posted at 3:35 PM on December 18, 2012

@ Disgusted: 100 % agreed ! Well said !!

anthony

Posted at 7:08 PM on December 18, 2012

I have Aspergers and I disgusted by this article thousands have Aspergers and the last thing we need is to be accused of being psychos.