‘Sister Wives’ Recap: Wife Christine Says Browns Are ‘Failing As A Family’

Mon, December 17, 2012 11:29am EDT by 14 Comments
Sister Wives recap
Courtesy Of TLC

Watch out Kody Brown your wife #3, Christine, is fed up with the family situation and says being a sister wife isn’t what she signed up for.

Kody Brown‘s wife #3, Christine, is fed up, and she doesn’t want to take it anymore, she announced on last night’s, Dec. 16, episode.

Christine, who is mother to six of Kody’s 17 children, including toddler Truly, 2, says that she’s sick of leading a separate life from Kody and her three sister wives. “I look at our family, and we’re isolated from each other and we’ve failed. It feels like we’re living our separate lives, and we don’t need each other every day,” she laments.

Two years of living in Las Vegas in four different homes — one for each of Kody’s wives and their children — has created Christine’s intense feelings of isolation.

“My relationship with my sister wives is dwindling,” Christine says sadly. “It’s not as strong as it used to be. We’re not each other’s support system.”

Christine’s Real Reason For Choosing To Be a Sister Wife

Christine reminds Kody and the other wives that “I wanted sister wives more than a husband. I don’t want to raise kids on my own — I don’t reach out, and you don’t reach out for support. I’ve been raising my kids on my own for two years, and I don’t want to do it anymore!” she tells the other adult members of the polygamist family, emphatically.

Poor Christine — she’s at her wit’s end. Especially because she’s been desperately trying to study for her real estate exam after failing it the first time.

The big problem is that she has six children interrupting her at all times, and then also laying on the guilt.

“If I fail one more time, my daughter Ysabel said that ‘you’ll just be studying more and ignoring me again!'” Oy! No wonder Christine is down in the dumps that the sister wife thing just isn’t working the way it’s supposed to. Jeez- we suspected that this sister wife thing wasn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Christine Feels Like A Loser

She’s also having serious self confidence issues. “Failing the first time (at the real estate exam) was just one of many failures — I don’t need another failure,” she confesses. “Passing the test will be a personal goal — something I personally achieved.”

But here’s the big question: Where has Kody been for the past two years? And where’s he been while Christine’s been struggling to get her real estate license so she can help support the family?

Why hasn’t Christine confided in Kody about her feelings of isolation? Why hasn’t he done anything to bring his sister wives together to help each other?

Kody’s sole focus has been trying to buy four houses together, but his polygamist family needs more than just side by side houses to stay close.

And if Kody really wants to take on four wives, then isn’t it his obligation to make sure that “sister wives” get along?

Kody- Is Sperminating His Biggest Priority?

Or does he really just see that his major role is “sperminating”? After all, he recently told Meri, wife #1 that he will have two more children, whether with her or not.

Seems to me that Kody Brown needs to concentrate on making his four existing marriages work and needs to have close relationships with his existing 17 children, before he marries or impregnates even more!

What do you think HollywoodLifers? Do you agree? Tell me now.

– Bonnie Fuller

More Sister Wives News:

1. ‘Sister Wives’ Kody Brown Tries To Prove That Polygamy Isn’t Evi
  2. Sister Wives Vacation With Polygamist Who PDAs With His 3 Hot Wives
  3. Sister Wives Admit They Get Jealous Over Kody Brown

Debbie Perkinson

Posted at 3:44 PM on January 6, 2014

I have watched Sister Wives for the most part from the beginning. I AM NOT AS HAPPY WITH THE WAY HE the 1st 2nd and 3rd wife and treats Robin like she is Queen bee. he really has messed up the union of the family. Cody is always with her it seems and spends more money on her.. His own mother tried in vain to make him understand that when he was buying his wives mother’s day gifts, but he choose to ignore her good advice and buy the better present for Robin. She is my least favorite wife, she is very selfish and demanding. The other wives I would love to see more and less of Robin or it may be time to find a new show. Cody should be ashamed of his behavior..

belinda Baker

Posted at 12:17 PM on March 5, 2013

I love sister wives. While I don’t understand this way of life I don’t condemn these families. Who am I to judge. Myself. I would be very jealous. If I even thought my husband was seeing another so
End. I am open minded or try to be. Except for sharing my husband. Other than that they seem like normal everyday people. They have the same problems we all have. I especially like Mary. I could see us being friends. She is so sweet and caring. I feel so bad for her when they talk about her having another baby. I wish only the best for her. I like the other wives as well but there’s something about Mary. (No pun intended). @

Adris Kincaid

Posted at 10:08 AM on January 10, 2013

The wicked all seen unhappy. And Cody seems to always be lost or gone

Tina

Posted at 7:25 PM on January 7, 2013

I have a few things to say about all the comments on this page,1st of all I Love Sister Wives,2nd of all We only see what they allow us to see the show only comes on once a wk and maybe their famiy don’t wanna be on Tv thats why we don’t see them,3rd of all I think each of the women have great qualities about them thats why Cody Loves them in their own way,when the show 1st aired the Browns lived in a very big house and all of the wives had jobs I do believe instead of the Browns building 4 big houses I do think they should had built 1 big house for them all it did bring them closer and Cody seemed to have time for everyone even if it was only a few minutes,I do feel bad for Meri at times she always wanted more children and God had other plans for her she is a very loving and caring person and it breaks my heart when it gets brought up that Meri shouldn’t have what the other Wives have,even thought Meri doesn’t have but 1 child she always has a child at her house so why not give her the same size house,she was the 1st wife so she deserves just as much as the other Wives,I like all of the Wives and I been watching the show since it 1st came on I do see some changes in all of the Wives but I must say Janelle has changed the most she use to be very sweet but this Season she seemed (MEAN) especially when it comes to Meri and her feelings why is this?? well I could go on all night but I guess I’ll just end it here…I hope for the future the Browns make changes in their life to make their marriages work

phyllis

Posted at 3:28 PM on December 31, 2012

The one question I want to know the answer to, is what do their families think of them being in an arrangement like this? I never see grandparents , sisters, brothers , cousins? They need more than mom and dad and brothers and sisters in their lives. Or where they raised like this?

LoriB.

Posted at 3:53 AM on January 1, 2013

I read that Meri, Christine and Robyn were raised in polygamy but Janelle wasn’t, until her mother joined polygamy when Janelle was an adult, just a few months before she married Kody. Kody, apparently wasn’t raised in polygamy, except that when he was an adult, his mother convinced his father to take a second wifet, (who, guess what? was Janelle’s mother!) Seems that in some way, all five of them were brought up either in polygamist families, or at least in a family in favor of polygamy. I’d love to know more about all of their backgrounds too, but cannot find much more than that. Apparently, Janelle’s mother and Kody’s mother were bitterly jealous for a few years but now are very close sister-friends.

Nan

Posted at 10:34 PM on December 30, 2012

Sister wives…… what can I say, Janelle you are too smart to be there! RUN!!……. Robin…… Omg, stop wanting all the attention, you wanted a free ride and u got it! Meri…… you r fake and stop the crying, you do come across as selfish and Christine, don’t know what to say since you have 6 kids!!

sara

Posted at 6:20 PM on December 30, 2012

Kody Brown’s entire world is all about Kody Brown. His sister wives are merely his biggest fans and his sexual outlet. He’s conned some seemingly intelligent women (maybe not), into his self serving lifestyle. His children are just extensions in his fan club. What a douche.!

Christine wants us to believe she hooked up with Kody so that she could have sister wives to help her raise her children. What?! How about your “husband” helping you raise your children? I don’t watch this show, since it’s as ridiculous as most reality shows, but I do see the commercials and I sometimes read an article now and then. But this is insanity.

Kiwi5

Posted at 6:45 PM on December 20, 2012

My personal beliefs about the whole “sister wives” thing is irrelevant; however, it is obvious that it is not all that Kody would like to portray it to be. He is emotionally and physically unavailable to all the wives except maybe the newest one, and in time, she too will lose his interest. It is sad for me to see the women because they all have self esteem issues and I feel are in this relationship more out of desperation than actually because they believe it is beneficial to them or their family.
Kody, you do not need anymore wives or kids! Take care of the family you have.

LoriB.

Posted at 4:01 AM on January 1, 2013

Agree. Stop “marrying” and take care of the people you have right now. I don’t think he truly pauses and emotionally connects with each wife and child. When he hugs and kisses them hello, it seems so rushed. I know he’s in a hurry, but he needs to calm down, slow down, and take time for himself to have a genuine personal thought, and then attend to each person in his life for at least three full minutes individually….not as a whole all the time. What a huge load he has taken on. Slow down, Kody. Get off tv before it rips your family apart.

Anthony

Posted at 2:34 PM on December 20, 2012

It’s totally up to them, how they live their lives, but it does seem like an emotional mess. Kody, doesn’t not seem like a good father at all, at times very distant from the children. Each wife seems jealous of the other. I think Christine should move on, as should Genelle. Merri is the one fixing Kody up with other people, let her put up with it. The children of the combined marriages all seem very nice and great people, I think because Kody had little to do with their upbringing.

Electra Jinks

Posted at 8:41 PM on December 18, 2012

I notice Kody spends more time with Robyn then the other wives.From sitting on my couch watch the action’s of all the wives I have notice Robyn always has something to say.where the other wives sit and listen.I can see why the wives are upset with Kody since he shows more attention to Robyn then the other wives.Im sorry but looking in and not being there as one,I see the difference in all of the wives since Kody married Robyn.I can see why the wives would want to go there own way and be able to support there own households.

Lois Taylor

Posted at 5:50 AM on December 18, 2012

Only one comment? The interest for the show is dwindling. Four separate elaborate homes is not exactly bringing the family back together. If they think times are hard now, wait till they have four huge mortgages and no TV income. If there is conflict and strife, they could be sharing bedrooms and still be isolated. Kody is a d-bag in so many ways. Failing his previous wives is just one of many. His narcissistic personality is no longer endearing.

sandi

Posted at 5:43 PM on December 17, 2012

christine you hit it on the head so many woman raising children on their own.divorced you guys made a mistake wanting your own homes .you are no longer a family,like under one roof everyone helped each other encludng time with kody ,he is like a cheater going from one to another without even knowing it.you all belong under one big roof a giant kitchen each their own space to cook what ever..time apart like this will destroy you all.I like you christine I see your eyes. you seem to be so sad. .some man will make you happy .if you love kody fight to have your family back under one roof.sandi a fan of you all.