Jacintha Saldanha Blamed Australian DJs For Death In Suicide Note

Mon, December 17, 2012 11:24am EDT by 15 Comments

So sad. This tragic tale only becomes more grim, as a new report says that Jacintha lay the blame for her death at the hands of radio DJs Michael Christian and Mel Grieg.

More revelations are coming out since the tragic death of Jacintha Saldanha, believed to be suicide. As previously reported by HollywoodLife.com, three suicide notes were found with Jacintha’s body, and in one of them she reportedly slammed the Australian radio DJs Michael Christian and Mel Grieg, who prank called her when she was working at the King Edward VII Hospital.

Backstory Of The Prank

Jacintha was working on the night of Dec. 4, in the ward where Kate Middleton was suffering from acute morning sickness, when she answered a phone call from whom she thought was Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth. In fact, however, it was Michael and Mel calling from their 2DayFM Hot 30 show. Jacintha transferred the call to Kate’s room, and the prank became a media sensation.

However, in a tragic turn of events, she allegedly committed suicide three days later on Dec. 7. Michael and Mel expressed their grief, and their show has since been suspended by the radio station.

Suicide Note

Jacintha was tragically found hanging by her scarf in the nurse’s quarter of the London hospital, and three notes were found with her body. According to The Daily Mail, one note blamed the radio DJs.

Jacintha “wrote a short letter in which she expressed her deep anger at the Australian radio presenters and blamed them for her tragic death,” says a source. So sad.

In another note, she blamed the hospital, as a source said that “Jacintha was involved in a personal disagreement with a colleague several weeks before the prank call,” reports The Daily Mail. “The hospital had decided not to take any formal action but to put the two nurses on separate shifts. Jacintha made clear her disappointment and that she was not happy.”

Jacintha’s death is truly tragic, but at least her family may finally get the answers they are looking for.

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Do you think the DJs could be responsible for Jacintha’s death?

WATCH: William and Kate’s Nurse Jacintha Saldanha Commits Suicide

– Eleanore Hutch

More Jacintha Saldanha News:

1. Kate Middleton’s Pranked Nurse Inquest: Three Suicide Notes Found
  2. Pranked Nurse Criticized Treatment By Hospital Officials In Suicide Note
  3. Australian Radio Station Behind Kate Middleton Prank Being Investigated

Lisa

Posted at 9:55 PM on December 19, 2012

The prank call was funny. I laughed for days. Her family describes her (I have read in other articles) as a person who made them laugh & such a happy person? Happy ppl don’t hang themselves. At first I felt terribly sorry for her but I became less sympathetic as the truth unfolds. Not for a moment have I thought those DJs were at fault. Her blaming them for her taking a mother away is nonsense. She killed herself out of pure spite & then decided to blame everyone else for it! No sympathy left for her… Just her kids & family/friends that are grieving. I read they moved to the UK to make more money to support her family in India as well… They will be well looked after financially now which brings me to suspect maybe that was another reason? It sounds terrible but after leaving suicide notes of blame rather than responsibility I just couldn’t put it past her! She wasn’t the one who gave any info out – trivial as it was! Noone would have ever known who she was if she never killed herself with letters of hate rather than letters of love, sorrow & regret to family or loved ones?

Kam

Posted at 2:58 AM on December 20, 2012

Do Austrailiand have any ethics or humility.
Let me tell you indian’s have ethics and humilty!
Would you still say you find the story funny even though after the event you knew someone died!
Wake up people and think before people open their mouths for the sake of greed and fame!.

Tam

Posted at 12:40 AM on December 21, 2012

Yes we do, racist much. Every race has its negatives. Foolish person you are

Sam Reynolds

Posted at 4:27 AM on December 18, 2012

So one of the reasons she killed herself is because the hospital did not give enough discipline to a nurse that she had a disagreement with. So basically she had a personal argument with a nurse and when the hospital refused to fire or suspend or formally warn that nurse, she killed herself and wrote a long letter making sure that nurse knew she was a reason for her death.
So what you’re saying is that she wrote 3 suicide notes and none of them to her family explaining why she killed herself. This one, one to the Djs who she had a less than 3 second interaction with and the 3rd detailing how she wanted to be buried. Let me repeat, no message to her family who supposedly made her so happy. I’m starting to feel less sorry for this woman everytime I hear more details.

WhistleBlower.

Posted at 1:13 PM on December 19, 2012

You chaps have no idea at the amount crap she must have been given for supposedly compromising our amazing and so important royal family. Blaming the aussies is a distraction from what the hospital and the royal pressures they put her in. RIP Jacinta. You’re well away from these British b******s.

Be calm

Posted at 2:44 AM on December 18, 2012

I want us to be careful when expressing our opinion especially when it concern sthe dead. You never can tell what she was going through at the point when she had to take a decision to commit suicide(which i did not support).
One thing i was able to deduce is the fact that she might be depressed and not have a happy homefront, it is surprising to me that such an incidence will happen at work and she won’t mention it at home not even to the children (if her husband is so distant), to me that shows that she was practically struggling on her own, making decisions, feeling unloved and lonely, working and depressed with no one to talk to. I really feel for her, i really do.

Gordon Glax

Posted at 3:05 PM on December 18, 2012

@Be calm: I would normally agree with you. It’s definitely uncharacteristic of me to speak badly of someone who has suicided. The thing is though, she has been pretty vocal beyond the grave about her reasons for killing herself, and her reasons make it harder to feel sympathy. It’s a given that she must have been depressed prior – one look at her photos shows this. Killing yourself in despair is tragic. But killing yourself in anger is despicable – an utterly selfish and destructive act, not just of the self, but also for all affected. Just look at the ripples emanating out from this death. I’m surprised at my own reaction, since I’m involved in the mental health field. I never thought there was a “morality” to suicide, but this incident has shown me I was wrong.

Oh please Woman had issues

Posted at 10:39 PM on December 17, 2012

“Jacintha ‘wrote a short letter in which she expressed her deep anger at the Australian radio presenters and blamed them for her tragic death,’ says a source.”.

””In another note, she blamed the hospital, as a source said that ‘Jacintha was involved in a personal disagreement with a colleague several weeks before the prank call,’ reports The Daily Mail. ‘The hospital had decided not to take any formal action but to put the two nurses on separate shifts. Jacintha made clear her disappointment and that she was not happy.””

In addition, I’m pretty sure that not only is God supposed to be emphatically forgiving but also not too keen on suicide (unless it’s a selfless act) so based on the above devout Catholic (who are basically the biggest anti-suicide/pro-life branch of the Christian faith) I think not.

Oh please Woman had issues

Posted at 10:34 PM on December 17, 2012

Here’s the thing, the radio hosts can’t do anything unless the producers, legal team, and management okay it. The producers and legal team screwed these people and left them hanging. Moreover, they should have gotten release forms to even be allowed to air this prank because they still technically defamed a hospital (even though they did not release specific names) and they did receive private information from a nurse who broke protocol/HIPPA by releasing the info. BTW, that nurse was not Jacintha all she (Jacintha) did was transfer the call the nurse in the correct hospital department, which was her job. A Nurse manning phone often has similar responsibilities to a receptionist only they have to follow HIPPA as well as hospital protocol. Not only does she (Jacintha) not responsible for verifying the legitimacy of the people over the phone but also lacks accesses/authority to Kate’s private information/files (other than whereabouts and time checked into the hospital). It was the responsibility of the nurse/department that Jacintha forwarded the call to, to both verify the people’s identities as well as to see if release forms were on file (as well as get Will and/or Kate’s verbal/written confirmation to say anything). That nurse clearly did no such thing and is the one who is to blame. Side note: Jacintha was not reprimanded at all, was being given support by the hospital and fell staff members, and was not even liable to be sued. This is why I have to question what kind of mindset would a wife and mother would have to be in order to kill herself over basically doing her job then blame it on being angry because she was pranked. Then she supposedly blames it on a fight? I say that Jacintha committing suicide out of “anger & shame” for basically doing her job is a silly excuse/cop-out for her to commit suicide as well as a cover up for what had to be a woman dueling with unbearable amounts of stress/depression life that she lead, possibly in secret to her own family because of her strict upbringing (which is much more common than most people think).

Urika

Posted at 9:10 PM on December 17, 2012

I totally agree with @Dee..
The Dj’s are not to blame for this, infact no one is.
I mean, something like a prank call couldn’t have triggered her to commit suicide.
Maybe her family are lying and she was a little depressed.
I mean you don’t just wake up one morning and decide ‘Hey, a couple of people made fun of me so guess what?? I’m going to kill myself’..
It was selfish of her to leave her family behind, regardless of what happened.
May her soul rest in peace though:)

With that said, there’s no one to blame for the her death

Cheryl

Posted at 7:14 PM on December 17, 2012

This is a travesty. This woman chooses suicide, leaves a devastated family, lays inappropriate blame on others for her own actions, goes against the teachings of her church and then is honoured like some kind of dignitary? This is getting really sickening. I’m also getting very tired of a 20 year old photo of her accompanying every story. Instead of wide eyed innocence why aren’t they plastering the dour, unhappy looking more recent photos of her? That would be more accurate. Hers are the actions of a spiteful, selfish person. Spare me the sanitized version.

palpy1

Posted at 8:32 PM on December 17, 2012

Wholly inapproriate comment until we know the exact contents of the notes we do not know the circumstances leading to her death and dhould not comment. You should be ashamed of hat you have written, spare me your inhuman comments.

Gordon Glax

Posted at 11:22 PM on December 17, 2012

Absolutely! +1. No, +100! This whole story stinks from start to finish, and people are treating her like a tragic figure, when she’s nothing of the sort. We’ve been waiting for a sensible motive to emerge, but all that is coming out is that she saw an opportunity for vengeance on all she felt had wronged her. It’s sickening. I’ve got lots and lots of sympathy for people who suicide in despair. But revenge by suicide, especially given the piddling motives that Saldanha offers in her final notes, is a monstrously selfish act.

DeetPetite

Posted at 5:48 AM on December 19, 2012

Agreed. Absolutely 100% agreed. (I’d prob add ‘bitter’ to the ‘spiteful, selfish’ bit though).

Dee

Posted at 4:59 PM on December 17, 2012

Totally ridiculous that she blame her suicide on the DJ’s. That woman had to be mentally I’ll to some extent to kill yourself over a prank and because the hospital didn’t support her with a disagreement with a colleague? Sounds to me she was unstable! Sounds like she took life too seriously! No one said life would be easy. Maybe coming from India she expected much more to life? No place in the world is easy. Every place has its problems. I wish their family would stop blaming the DJ’s and hospital. She may have been very depressed and no one knew. Yes it’s sad that she died but it was her choice. Life is a gift.