‘Gossip Girl’ Series Finale: Weddings, Reveals & More OMG Moments

Mon, December 17, 2012 10:39pm EDT by 16 Comments
Gossip Girl Series Finale
Courtesy of The CW

Summer

Posted at 5:37 AM on July 3, 2013

I can not believe the level of planning people invest in this online stuff, I find it hard
to get a chance to browse not to mention start writing!

Alice

Posted at 7:00 PM on December 18, 2012

I really thought this was a perfect way to end the show, the writers really delivered on everything they promised. A coworker at DISH and I had been debating the identity of Gossip Girl all season long, but we thought that Dan was unlikely after the last episode. It was nice that the episode really explained why he started it, and after some reflection, it made perfect sense. I was incredibly happy with this finale, so I am really glad that I didn’t miss it with my DISH Hopper. I had it set to automatically record the entire season, with my crazy schedule. I also love that I fast forward through commercials on my recordings, especially because I will likely be re-watching them many times. This show has been an integral part of my Monday’s for six seasons, so it is really sad to see it end. But I am glad that with the end, all of the questions were answered, and that the characters finally got the happy endings they had been striving for.

Alice is a Spammer

Posted at 6:05 PM on December 21, 2012

You plugged your product way too hard here. Begone, DISH shiller! These comments are intended for REAL Gossip Girl fans only.

Kamilla

Posted at 10:16 AM on December 18, 2012

I did enjoy the episode, and it was lovely. Very sad it was the end, but gossip girl will always be an amazing serie. But i think, that the episode was a bit too rushed with Blair and Chuck getting married (which i am so big af fan of!), and with Dan getting realeved. The episode should have least a bit longer. Then it would have been more perfect. And i just loved the end with the future! Chuck and Blair with a son was just so perfect! And Georgina and jack.. They actually looked pretty sweet together. And Dan being gossip Girl, it makes senses, but i didn’t see it come.

Lonely girl

Posted at 12:10 PM on December 18, 2012

Why didn’t anyone stand up when the bride and groom (Dan and S)made their wedding entrance? Bad form. And where did they go?

Mimi

Posted at 10:13 AM on December 18, 2012

I am no surprised that Lily did not end up with Rufus . But she did choose Bart offer him and too much was said. I will miss the show XOXO

miley

Posted at 7:12 AM on December 18, 2012

lily and rufus were together at the end.

Melly Mel

Posted at 12:07 PM on December 18, 2012

I agree they kissed on the lips and everything…how did people not see that?

Mathilde

Posted at 4:03 PM on December 18, 2012

Exactly! I’m so confused. First I thought Lilly and Rufus were together again. Then I read this interview of Lisa Loeb explaining she was playing the role of Rufus’s new wife/girlfriend. Shall we understand that kissing on the lips is the new way to say “hello”??

sammie

Posted at 8:14 PM on February 28, 2013

That was “oh it’s nice to see you” kiss.. Just a greeting. You know how wealthy yt ppl enjoying kissing their friends in the mouth. Lol. iKId. iJokie. iFunny.

sammie

Posted at 8:12 PM on February 28, 2013

They were not; Rufus was with Lisa Loeb, while Lilly ended up with Serena’s dad. The Baldwin guy.

mia

Posted at 7:00 AM on December 18, 2012

i thought that the producers should have gave us 2 episodes more.. when dan proposed to serena and we can see their married life :( and i hate that nate finishes alone..

kattie

Posted at 6:48 AM on December 18, 2012

But lily and Rufus kissed at the end …

I can't believe that i'm not seriously more shocked about this.

Posted at 11:20 PM on December 17, 2012

Everyone, including the real life actors who cameod for the episode, and Blair said it i thought it would Dorota! OMG Dan seriously!? I ruled him out and thought that if it were any Humphrey it’d be Jenny then Rufus. What’s worse is that i’m not all that shocked either. After nate gave that weird look after hearing those girls talk about gossip girl not posting i swear to god i was like don’t tell me it’s Sage, but i knocked that thought out and said it’s Dorota they made it so obvious that we’d say it couldn’t be her because it’s too obvious. Also choosing Dan as gossip girl means that even his s1 and s2 persona was a huge lie. Lonely Boy was not only the master puppeteer of everything (including all the lives subsequent ruined by his actions) but the master con of the entire series. And the fact that everyone including Serena (and the people whose lives were put in legitimately placed in danger because of it ie chuck and Blair )was okay with this…I’m like this is too much.

Glosie2001

Posted at 11:16 PM on December 17, 2012

Lily ended up with William (yuk) and Rufus with real singer/songwriter like him, Lisa Loeb! Lily should have ended up with decent Rufus.

Shayla Taylor's biggest fan