President Obama: ‘We Must Change’ After School Shooting

Sun, December 16, 2012 9:26pm EST by 10 Comments
President Obama Newtown Vigil

IsMaSw004

Posted at 12:08 AM on December 18, 2012

Reading some of these comments really prove that in the wake of this awful tragedy some people still do not change…. I mean seriously innocent children were just killed and all most of you seem to care about is how the president carried out his speech. That really makes me sick to my stomach that that’s all some people seem to notice. I am pretty sure his mind is just all over the pace because he too has young children and it could have easily been his daughters. So with no regrets for how i say this to those of you who just insist on being ignorant after something like this has happened…: Please just SHUT UP! Shut your mouths because your irrelevant comments prove how much sympathy you have for this entire situations. Keep you stupid and unnecessary comments to yourselves. I pray for change in this nation because we need more that any other in the world and that’s the cold hard truth.

Trixie

Posted at 6:31 AM on December 17, 2012

another fake insincere moment where the President pretends to care. love his pretend crying where he pauses alot for effect and then wipes nothing away from his face. he is a disgrace to this country. btw responsible people SHOULD NOT OWN GUNS IN THEIR HOME, THIS KILLER’S MOTHER IS THE ONE WHO OWNED THE GUN. TOO MANY PEOPLE IN HOME’S GO NUTS AND KILL OTHERS. ONLY THE MILITARY AND POLICE SHOULD HAVE GUNS

Sidney Coad Williams

Posted at 6:23 AM on December 17, 2012

GUN CONTROL LAWS WILL HELP PEOPLE TO BE SAFE.
ONLY THE MILITARY, POLICE AND SECURITY MUST HAVE ACCESS TO FIREARMS.
MEMBERS OF THE MILITARY POLICE AND SECURITY FORCES MUST BE ADEQUATELY TRAINED TO USE THEIR FIREARMS AND ONLY USE THEM WHEN SANCTIONED AND NECESSARY.

YOU ARE CRAZY!

Posted at 4:25 PM on December 17, 2012

you are fcuking crazy!!! There will never be a law like that, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.
crack and heroin are illegal, doesn’t mean that you can’t go on the street and buy it from a dealer. GET OVER YOURSELF YOU CRAZY!

laisylee

Posted at 3:40 AM on December 17, 2012

Obama, I agree with everything you said, We must make our children safe and sound. Now, regardng your speech, It was much too long . You repeated the script you were reading over and over again and in every which way.. I became uncomfortable and I believe you were also. Who ever wrote this for you deserves a demerit. I would call this speach a “WIND-BAG.”

Norah

Posted at 1:33 AM on December 17, 2012

If America is to change… Start with Hollywood and video games….

Diane

Posted at 1:26 AM on December 17, 2012

Well done, Mr. President.
We need to make the act of procuring firearms DIFFICULT. In conjunction, we need to severely punish those who illegally deal in guns.
Most importantly though, we need to address how we as a nation approach mental illness and those who suffer from it. People aren’t just slipping through the cracks, they are pouring through huge gaping holes. We need to spend our resources on helping to identify those who are at risk and getting them the help they need.

My prayers are with that community and their broken hearts.

Tiffy

Posted at 11:51 PM on December 16, 2012

You will NEVER TAKE my guns!!! People who are responsible should not be punished. This kid was crazy. You would have to be to kill a child. Makes me sick, but higher gun control is not the answer. They would have just gotten them somewhere else.

Tommy

Posted at 9:33 PM on December 16, 2012

You have a great president in the US.

Kate

Posted at 10:44 PM on December 16, 2012

yeah, Americans must be prouds… I wish Obama was my president.