‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: The Holidays Bring Death To Mystic Falls

Thu, December 13, 2012 10:13pm EDT by 56 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 9
Courtesy of The CW

Eloise

Posted at 11:22 AM on December 15, 2012

I am not buying that Elaine confuse. Cause,when she was human,she was attracted to, him. Hell they almost made love. at the hotel. When,they went to check on him. Has anyone forgotten.

P.S this is a show.
But,I am a fan.

Mikaila

Posted at 12:32 AM on December 15, 2012

Elena is confused now and she is not sure what to do. Now
that She is free then She might feel guilty now with Stefan but her feelings
with Damon already magnified because of her changes into vampirism. Also it
would be hard to Stefan to trust Damon and Elena now that he knows they are
together. I hope Elena can really make her final decision because she is now
hurting more and more the 2 brothers.It is not fair to all of them to be in
this situation now that DELENA has given an opportunity. It would be better for
the story to make elena choose now just ONE and give the other person a break!
So now we can focus over tyler-caroline- klaus story(haha!). Its been 4 season
this love triangle issue and its getting tiring getting longer so please make
changes. Hope TVD can make a new interesting story not same over and over. Lets
focus to Jeremy maybe or some other new story. I think it will make sense for
all the fans.

alwaysthewallflower

Posted at 6:10 PM on December 14, 2012

Reblogged this on alwaysthewallflower.

mvk

Posted at 2:57 PM on December 14, 2012

Wouldn’t it be funny if we found out Mrs. Lockwood had vamp blood in her system before she died?

LeeAnn

Posted at 1:31 AM on December 15, 2012

mvk Oh, now why did you have to go and do that? LOL Now I have another possible scenario to sit and stew on for a month.

mvk

Posted at 2:55 PM on December 14, 2012

Good one LeeAnn. You nailed it through and through.

LeeAnn

Posted at 2:27 PM on December 14, 2012

Andy, the sire bond isnt broken. Damon just sent Elena home. He didnt tell her to stay away from him, forget about him, and never think about him again. There is no cure for the sire bond as long as she is a vampire.
Hmm. I don’t know how I feel about this episode yet. Everytime a new ep airs I am conflicted for about 3 days its like a series of emotions..first 3 days -conflicted, 4th day – hopeful 5th & 6th day dammit all to hell I feel like misery has just been poured all over me. Thursday rolls around and I’m ready to do it all over again.
I do know this though ‘Have yourself a merry little chirstmas’ will forever haunt me now..visions of bloody Klause dance in my head. lol
What did Stef think would go on at the boarding house when he left? Did he think Damon & Elena would play Parcheesi or Pictionary? … wait I would have liked to have seen pictionary! Watching Damon send Elena home was heartbreaking..and this is just the beginning of even more ‘just rip my heart already’ DE scenes, and I am not looking forward to seeing it. Damon is one hell of a spot. No one should make that choice for someone,he has already done this twice with her when he compelled her. Not sure if he is able to walk down that road again and make her forget him yet again. 3rd time a charm? it just might stick this time if he did.
I’d set myself on fire if that happened!

Emmanuel Ajoku

Posted at 2:12 PM on December 14, 2012

i don’t like Elena demo together but still it happen, i think is time for Stefan to stop doing well in the past and look at the future, after all Caroline wanted Stefan from the beginning. for Tyler he should stop trying his isn’t mach to Klaus the only person who can deal with Klaus philosophy is Stefan, but when it come to a challenge right now no one.

Elena has let demon played with her head and have taking advantage of her weak emotion, anyway team Stefan all the way on day Elena will see what she miss ahhhhhhhhhhh

Lilian

Posted at 12:39 PM on December 14, 2012

Ok. Being a Delena fan, I REALLY WANTED to believe that the sire bond is broken and that people would stop questioning Elena’s feelings for Damon. BUT THE SIRE BOND IS NOT BROKEN! there’s NO way to break this! Shane told this in this epi and the witch told it last epi. Damon just used the sire to make Elena go home, meaning it was the sire bond that made her leave. Plus it was really touching the way Damon ONE MORE TIME showed how selfless he is, and did the right thing pushing Elena ( a little ) away. He said it was the right thing to do by his brother and by her. But of course they won’t de separated for soo long and we wiil see how it works.

That’s it Andy. Sire Bond is NOT broken.

mvk

Posted at 12:28 PM on December 14, 2012

I would love to see Tyler find out about Haley and Shane and go nuts and wack Shane. It is their fault his mother is dead. But of course he is going to blame the whole thing on Klaus. So the question is who is going to kill who (or whom)? One of them is going to have to die at the end of the series. Tyler is not going to stand for Klaus killing his mother and we know Klaus is not going to stand for what they did and was about to do. We all know the end of this years season is going to be the same for Elena/Damon/Stefan with Damon pushing her away and Stefan being pissed off at Damon for stealing Elena’s heart and Elena’s heart is going to be broken because of Damon’s rejection, blah, blah, blah – same old same old

Not convinced

Posted at 12:25 PM on December 14, 2012

Honestly they should have never killed off lexi. She would have been the perfect match for Stefan. I loved them together. Caroline belongs with klaus, Bonnie and Jeremy should be together, and while I am a huge Damon fan I just don’t know about Damon and Elena together. It just feels like there is something off about it. I just can’t put my finger on what it is that I don’t like about it but it just feels wrong. I don’t like tw way they are portraying Stefan this season either. I love Damon and want him to get a chance to be happy but I can’t figure out why now that they have given Delena a chance I just can’t get into it. It feels forced and just weird. I was looking forward to seeing them together but I am disappointed with how it turned out. Maybe it’s the writing? It just seems forced and very out of character for all of the characters. I know Elena always had feelings for damon but I just mean the way everyone is handling the situation seems out of character for all of them. Elena is a totally different person, and she would never treat her friends the way she has been the last few episodes, Damon is all over the place and Stefan is sympathizing with klaus? It’s just weird.

Eloise

Posted at 12:57 PM on December 14, 2012

Carolina and Stephan need stop bitching about Damon and Elaine let them be happy. They in the kiss klaus ass club. I got a question where is Elijh? And,Bonnie Dad ? I figure April would be killed by know.I am not buying her act.Send her away or ju st kill her already.

Eloise

Posted at 11:57 AM on December 14, 2012

I do think Elaine and Damon love can bossem . Their love is ever l
asting love. True love.

lizzia

Posted at 11:49 PM on December 14, 2012

I guess if you have a sister and she slept with your bf. You will be fine with that. Just like what Damon did to Stephan. You are a strange one.

Ree

Posted at 10:43 AM on December 14, 2012

Omg!! There r so many things to think about! Ok firstly I know the witch said there’s no way to break the sire bound bt has no one else noticed that ages ago Damon sacrificed 12humans cus he thought that would help break it, and now klaus has just killed 12hybrids, and that professor guy wanted them dead too?!?
Second, what does everyone mean the sire bounds Brocken? Se still can’t b with him bcos of it, tyt?? So it hasn’t Brocken..yet, he’s just set her free?
And to answer your questions I know he’s done terrible things but who CID love klaus he’s as evil as it gets, everybody loves him!! I just hope he doesn’t kill Tyler! Please, well he shouldn’t because then he’ll never get the girl, Caroline,
which woukd make an epic couple. Yeah seeing Stefen and Caroline make out wid b hot, lol but her and klaus r so sweet together, and I really want katherine to come back and b with Stefen, after all she really did love him.

efe

Posted at 9:57 AM on December 14, 2012

Stephen or Stephan? Irgh, “Stelena fans” spell the name FALSE. It’s STEFAN. AWKWARD.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:45 AM on December 14, 2012

I have a friend who spells it right, but pronounces it wrong. Like “Stef-AHN” from Family Matters.

maria

Posted at 2:30 AM on December 28, 2012

actually your friend pronounces the name the right way. its a German name and spelled that way in German and pronounced that way.

stace

Posted at 3:41 AM on December 14, 2012

Poor stephen why does every girl he loves always try him for somebody else. <3 Stelena

brit

Posted at 3:36 AM on December 14, 2012

STELENA ALL THE WAY> TRUE LOVE ALWAYS WIN. DAMON FANS JUST LOVE HIM FOR HIS LOOKS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS QUALITYS AS A PERSON.

Delena

Posted at 8:43 AM on December 14, 2012

Yeah and im sure the same goes for Stefan fans.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:46 AM on December 14, 2012

I’m more interested in Stefan/Caroline now.

delena fan

Posted at 5:17 PM on December 14, 2012

@ brit
I can’t deny that I think Ian is way hotter than Paul, but that’s not the only reason I prefer Delena/Damon. 1) Elena and Damon has better chemistry between them, 2) Damon is a more complex character, even after all this time I don’t completely understand him, 3) Stefan is either the saint who only drinks animal blood or the ripper, Damon is more stable in that area, 4) Stefan is such a push over compared to Damon, 5) Damon is funnier than Stefan, etc. etc. So you see there are a lot of reasons why I (and I dare say a lot of Damon fans agree with me) prefer Damon over Stefan, not just his looks.

Eloise

Posted at 5:35 PM on December 14, 2012

I love Damon and Elaine together. They have fun and bring the best out of each other. Stafan and Carolina wines and judge damon and elaine. Beside they are klaus lab dogs. He say jump they jump.

Nikki

Posted at 1:55 AM on December 14, 2012

Like Tyler explained last episode, a sire bond doesn’t change your feelings towards the person, just makes you obey them whether you want to or not. She always clearly had feelings for Damon, and has been known to act on them, and they intensified more so than her feelings for Stefan did. unhindered psychical/emotional attraction, sympathy, and infatuation, lust vs emotional attachment, love, and compassion. Both make her safe but one chooses her safety over everyone else. the ultimate caring bad boy vs the charming and faithful boy next door.

Smiley

Posted at 1:32 AM on December 14, 2012

OMG did Elena just kiss Damon evn after he broke his sire bond man who says true love ends…..nd Klaus why would he kiss Mrs Lockwood like seriously I loved her anyway the more people reduced the more new people are brought in nd speaking of Carefan (Caroline nd Stefan) I would totally die just 2 see them kiss, am sure it would be totally HOT…..

carmen

Posted at 3:39 AM on December 14, 2012

I LOVE STELENA.what they have is so real, and if everyone else was thinking of real life their choices would be Stephen stop living in fantasy world.

jaegar

Posted at 5:45 AM on December 14, 2012

Come on! would u still like stefan and elena be together? after she slept with his bro. Really! Nobody would want that so wake up coz there wont be stelena anymore.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:47 AM on December 14, 2012

Yes, she did! ;)

mvk

Posted at 12:59 AM on December 14, 2012

I feel the same as all the comments below: Tyler needs to kill Hayley for using him and causing the death of his mother for nothing. She found out her parents were dead anyway before she finished getting Shane the twelve dead peopl, but she still went through with the plan. Caroline needs to keep her big mouth shut. Her jealously is showing through when anyone gets close to or starts saying anything nice and good about Damon. She gets so green with jealously she lashes out. Elena already told Stefan to move on and that she was in love with Damon; why is Stefan still treating Elena like she belongs to him? Why is he still telling her what to do and how to do it? (.prewiews) I’m glad they didn’t get to Klaus. Right now he is the most exciting person on the show. It’s a shame he is wise to Caroline’s BS with trying to distract him. She is basically hurting him because he cares for her. Jeremy is georgeous just the way he is, but he needs to stop bulking up because his head is looking really small for his upper body.Hopefully he will let up on Elena. I hope Elena doesn’t give up on Damon

Amanda

Posted at 12:42 PM on December 14, 2012

Sorry but your comment isn’t accurate at all. She has not once said she was in love with Damon and especially tell Stefan. Stefan is the one that eneded it so she can figure out what she wants and he knows that he needed to let her figure out her feelings for him. No love has been declared on Elena’s half, only feelings that she is confused about and the sire bond doesn’t help with that and her judgement or decisions because they are biased. Just like how she said she could barely remember feeling anything for Stefan when just 2 episodes ago she said she still did love him. The sire bond has effected her relationships a lot more than you think.

As for you saying Caroline is jealous, please just stop. Caroline hates Damon for what he did to her in season 1 or did you conveniently forget that he forced her to do many things (sex,bidding,etc) and emotionally abused her that she just found out about when she turned becuae he also made her forget. I’m sorry, but I think she has every right to not condone Damon with anyone of the people she cares a about. She is definitely not jealous of Elena for having Damon.

lizzia

Posted at 11:45 PM on December 14, 2012

I agreed with you too. How would you feel if someone used you like that? Caroline does have every right to hate Damon. He is a user and don’t care about other people but himself. How can you sleep with your brother’s GF? OMG!! That make me sick! If I have a brother like that.

jelly

Posted at 12:45 AM on December 14, 2012

jelly

Posted at 12:44 AM on December 14, 2012

this episode had alot of heartbreak. well we know that rebekah is coming back…the thing that kills me is that we dont know what professor shane is up to and it kills me i know he hasnt said his whole plan yet hayley deserves to die after this episode she is a dumb bitch i swear…she has no say in this whole situation just gets in the way…

Anna

Posted at 11:54 PM on December 13, 2012

The only good thing about this episode is that Elena’s doing the chase now, She’s the one telling Damon to stop fighting it, that’s it’s real and right. This is so season 03 in reverse and it definitely feels good.

kaia

Posted at 10:56 PM on December 13, 2012

First of all i knew that hayley bitch was trouble from the begining, tyler puts his trust in the wrong people all the time. And i seriously called caroline a bitch at least 20 times during the last 2 episodes, i like that her And stefan are building a bond and getting closer but all her judgement torward how elena feels about damon and her running and telling stefan is seriously upsets me, damon has changed soooo much since he got to mystic falls, and he has Changed for the good, screw stefan’s bruised ego elena makes damon want to be better, he is better and he loves her, and sire bond or not she truly loves him too…

And i really need to know What us up with this shane guy And i wonder what will happen to april now, poor girl she’s had terrible luck since returning to mystic falls

Me

Posted at 10:54 PM on December 13, 2012

Loving elena and damon ; caroline and stephan should be together but only after klaus have his chance. Poor tyler … He was totally used :( and signed his death sentence … What is he going to do now?!

Anna

Posted at 11:51 PM on December 13, 2012

Hopefully, kill Hayley!

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:47 AM on December 14, 2012

Amen.

Nikki

Posted at 1:44 AM on December 14, 2012

No offense but Tyler was getting a little too attached to Hayley for my taste (even though i love Phoebe Tonkin seriously CW needs to revive the secret circle and give it a decent time slot for better ratings aka no more top model it sucks) and i seriously wouldn’t be surprised the hook-up story was actually true (the look on his face when he told Caroline that they made it up was clearly that of a guilty liar). I actually like Caroline and Claus, Damon and Elana but need a whole new character for Stefan to love.

Anna

Posted at 2:18 AM on December 14, 2012

Ditto for Delena and Stefan getting a new character to blindly love. Re Tyler: He will never forgive Hayley’s for the murder of his mom. She’s the one who told Klaus about the plan and she deliberately puts Tyler’s life in danger. I don’t get why she wanted Tyler to be spared because she isn’t dumb enough to hope that Klaus will ever forgive Tyler’s betrayal. Like the saying goes: “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me” This is the 2nd time Tyler’s trying to take Klaus down and the 3rd time he’s defying him. There is no coming back from the death of Carol and Tyler has nothing more to lose, even Caroline. So I think, hookup or no hookup, whatever gratitude he might have had towards Hayley, that’s gone. Besides, she broke the werewolf code: she sacrificed Tyler’s entire pack. If Tyler doesn’t kill her, I wish Klaus would turn her into a hybrid. There must be some frozen doppelganger blood somewhere at MF’s blood bank:)

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:48 AM on December 14, 2012

I hate Hayley, but I’m glad they’re giving Phoebe Tonkin good material to work with. She’s just been standing around for the last couple of weeks.

Sarah

Posted at 10:44 PM on December 13, 2012

As always Andy I love your recap! Lets start out by saying how much I’m going to miss Carol Lockwood. Even though she was not the best mom, she sure knew how to throw a champagne-fueled Mystic Falls party (and how sweet were her comments to Tyler about how proud she and his dad are of him (**tears**) I’m so encouraged that Elena still kissed Damon goodbye-those feelings are still there! I knew they would be but the more articles I read online the more nervous I became. I still love the Stefan/Caroline dynamic, but I wish she would quit reverting back to season one Caroline. I’ve loved her transformation into strong vampire Caroline, but this season she seems to be sliding back into that whiny, nosey, bitchy Caroline. (She needs to keep her nose out of other people’s love lives! With her squealing to Stefan about Tyler she better be more worried about her own relationship!) As always, I enjoyed this episode and can’t wait for January 17 to get here!!

Maria kie sop

Posted at 10:44 PM on December 13, 2012

I hope Elena and Damon finally get together. I am so tired of Stephan acting like he deserves her!,,,

nathaniel

Posted at 4:49 AM on December 15, 2012

STEFAN SHOULD LEAVE TOWN

x

Posted at 4:49 AM on December 15, 2012

Exactly!

Lara

Posted at 9:15 AM on January 10, 2013

oh oh…and Carol Lockwood dying…WHAT THE???
Soon there won’t be anymore characters to kill off. I think there’s only the Sheriff left now from the old cast (that’s not a central character). I guess they can keep adding new characters as they go, but that detracts from the plot build up.