‘X Factor’ Recap: Britney Spears Tells Emblem3 To ‘Take A Bow’

Wed, December 12, 2012 11:27pm EDT by 13 Comments
X Factor Semifinals Recap Emblem3
Courtesy of FOX

jimmymackey

Posted at 1:14 PM on December 13, 2012

I agreed with you that Carly Rose was the rightful winner because she was so consistent with her vocals and she is so talented…but, this week I didn’t think her songs delivered; I was bored. Carly sings better than any of them, but she can only sing ballads with loud, big finishes. I am getting tired of the predictability, which surprises me to say. I’m just glad I saw the show already because I could watch while I’m getting ready for work. I start watching in the bedroom, pause, and then pick up in the kitchen and finish in the living room, all without missing a beat because I use my DISH Hopper Whole Home DVR. It’s so convenient for me to multi-task by watching while I get ready and yet I get everything watched before I pick up my DISH coworker in the morning so we can talk about how well Tate and the rest sang.

ninson

Posted at 1:01 PM on December 13, 2012

i hope Carly will not win this thing.sure she is talented but just too young to start a career give it to Tate,she is not a SLUT Mary ,you are free not to like her but do not call her that way

ninson

Posted at 1:06 PM on December 13, 2012

carly is predictable ,she sang slow slow the whole competition i won’t buy that kind of cd

harley

Posted at 11:13 AM on December 13, 2012

i mean dont call a 13 year old a slut

Mary

Posted at 9:57 AM on December 13, 2012

I can’t stand any of the remaining contestants!! The only one I like is Tare!! Carly is such a slut and whore as well as a drama queen!! I hope she looses!! Tate on the other hand can actually sing isn’t full of himself and don’t have drama like Carly and that drama queen group!!

harley

Posted at 11:12 AM on December 13, 2012

How the hell is she a slut she is 13 years old but call a 13 year old a slut she is really good and she is gonna win the whole thing her tate or emblem3

nunya

Posted at 1:04 PM on December 14, 2012

wth is wrong with you mary? are you as immature as you sound? or just a brat? either way STOP POSTING COMMENTS

anonymous

Posted at 6:56 AM on December 13, 2012

Stop being strict with Demi Lovato!! She is the only judge who says what’s on her mind. She might not be the best mentor but she is definetly the best judge!!!

Jim

Posted at 5:20 AM on December 13, 2012

I have no idea what the judges were listening to. Tate was mediocre and boring as always. Fifth Harmony were incredible on their first song. Why couldn’t they have been that good all season? Unfortunately, their second song wasn’t very good. Emblem 3 were as nauseating as ever. I really can’t see what the judges see in them. Although their harmonies are pretty good, individually they are quite terrible. I just don’t understand why they are still on the show. That brings us to Carly. Her first performance was fantastic. Her second performance was, I hate to say it, not one of her best. I love “Imagine”. It is one of my favorite songs of all time and I think Carly could have sung it as well as anyone alive, but I believe the arrangement was terrible. That being said, Carly does not deserve to be out of this competition based on one song. Her worst is still better than anyone else’s best. Based upon tonight’s performances, Carly won hands down and Fifth Harmony came in a distant second. Unfortunately, the beer-guzzling redneck voters will make sure Tate comes in first place. The judges are trying their best to badmouth Carly because they know she is the real competition here. Hopefully, the voters will disregard their remarks and do the right thing. Carly, more than any artist on any show ever broadcast on American TV, deserves, in spite of her age. the five million dollars.

Loveemblem3

Posted at 11:15 AM on December 13, 2012

you do know that Carly is probably gonna win Fifth harmonay is going to go home that even what the vocal coach said. Emblem3 is gonna get sign if they lose Simon said that he is

Dee

Posted at 1:45 AM on December 13, 2012

Carly all the way. That little gal is incredible.

Marietta Carvajal (@Marietta_c)

Posted at 11:46 PM on December 12, 2012

As always, I agree with you Sharon! although I think the first performance of “Fifht Harmony” was really good. Ah!and Carly definitely have to win this show

Sharon Tharp (@sharontharp)

Posted at 11:58 PM on December 12, 2012

Thanks girl! Yeah, I didn’t love it. It was a little too weird for me. But they are still really talented. I loved when they sang “Skyscraper.” As for Carly, it will be a travesty if she doesn’t win.