Low buns have been all the rage this season among celebs, like Cate Blanchett–we asked celeb hairstylist Patrick Melville for tips to create the perfect party-ready style!
Wherever you’re headed this holiday season, you undoubtedly will have to dress up at least once. And it’s only fitting you have a festive hairstyle to match! A low chignon never goes out of style and adds instant elegance to any outfit. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to create and will look like you just stepped out of a top salon. No one has to know it only took you five minutes to fashion!
To get your hair looking fab, here, step-by-step tips on how to create the perfect holiday party style from hairstylist Patrick Melville. Celebrate your holiday season in high style!
1. Blow-dry hair with Mason Pearson Brush or round brush, when hair is dry, spray hair with the AVEENO® Dry Shampoo at the root to create texture
2. Take a small tail comb and tease very gently at the root throughout the head, flip hair upside down and break up hair with your finger
3. Grab hair at the nape and secure with hair tie, this should create a little texture and softness around your face
4. With the tail comb, gently tease the ponytail to create more texture, spin ponytail around to create a chignon at nape of neck and secure with a straight pin or bobby pin
5. Break up with fingers on the bottom, use a lightweight hairspray to secure in place, finish with a sparkly headband or clip
HollywoodLifers, what do YOU think of the low chignon trend among celebs this Holiday season? Sound off below!
– Charlotte Nichols
More Celeb Beauty:
- Allison Williams’ Gorgeous Glowy Skin: How Yours Can Look As Flawless
- Demi Lovato’s Pretty ‘X Factor’ Side Braid: How To Get The Look
- Kristen Stewart Looks Ultra Sexy On ‘Maire Claire Australia’ Cover