Giuliana Rancic Has ‘Major Separation Anxiety’ Leaving Baby Duke For Work

Wed, December 12, 2012 7:12pm EST by 28 Comments
Giuliana Rancic Baby Duke
FameFlynet, Courtesy of Twitter

The ‘E! News’ host and new mommy revealed in a new interview that she loves her baby boy so much, she can barely leave him at home without breaking down! Read on to find out what she said.

Giuliana Rancic endured a brutal four-year journey with husband Bill Rancic to welcome their miracle baby, Edward Duke Rancic, born Aug 29. But after failed IVF treatments, breast cancer and a double mascetomy, the Fashion Police host said leaving her son to go to work is the hardest.

“It’s really hard to leave the baby,” she said on the Dec. 11 season finale of Giuliana & Bill. “I already feel like I’m having major separation anxiety.”

And in the months since the season wrapped, it hasn’t gotten much easier.

“I could give you the Hollywood answer and just say it’s been great going back to work, but the real answer is, it is hard,” she confessed to Life & Style magazine. “What’s important now is different from what was important a few months ago.”

Even though Giuliana’s career is hotter than ever — she’s the host of E! News, Fashion Police, has the sucessful clothing line G by Giuliana Rancic and stars in the reality show Giuliana & Bill with her hubby — she is seriously contemplating putting it all behind to spend more time with her baby boy.

“The other morning, I was having the best time with Duke, and he was making faces that I had never seen before and was being so cute. Then I looked at the clock and I had to go to work,” she told the magazine. “So I keep thinking, ‘am I going to miss something?'”

But as hard as it is being a working mom, Giuliana revealed that she is still going to juggle her high-powered career and being mom. “I’m going to make sure I dn’t sacrifice anything,” she told the magazine.

What do YOU think of what Giuliana said HollyMoms?

– Christina Stiehl

More Giuliana & Duke news:

1. Giuliana Rancic Shows Off Edward Duke In New Twitpic — Too Cute
  2. Giuliana & Bill Rancic Share Baby Duke’s First Feeding — Watch
  3. Giuiliana & Bill Rancic Store Edward Duke’s Cord Blood After Health Scares

Sofie

Posted at 3:58 PM on May 17, 2014

I don t follow the show all That much anymore while Being busy with my one and four year old and with my busy days at work. I saw a little trailer of an upcoming show where she called her baby boy ‘the’baby …i Cannot imagine That i would call one of my children the baby iT would be my baby or our baby… i found iT weird

used handphone

Posted at 1:25 AM on April 9, 2013

Hi, thanks for sharing

Jere

Posted at 7:43 PM on January 29, 2013

All I think every time I see Guiliana on her many, many shows is “JUST GO HOME’ G. and be a Mom! I am sick of your addiction to fame. You are over exposed. I am very disappointed in you going back to so many different shows instead of staying home with your baby. You will NEVER be able to get this time back.

Guest

Posted at 10:24 AM on February 8, 2013

You don’t know her expenses so shut up already! Her husband is there.

suegirly

Posted at 10:38 PM on February 23, 2013

Her “expenses”?? Seriously. Women all over this country are making tremendous financial sacrifices to be able to stay home with…or at least not work 2 jobs to spend time with their children. She can make the decision to be gone all the time…but PLEASE don’t insult working women everywhere by saving SHE does so for financial reasons.

Amanda

Posted at 9:47 AM on January 5, 2013

I have had a really similar journey in terms of trying to have a child. I the end, I thankfully was able to have my own through IVF. And then I spent five years trying to have another. To no avail! I was on the floor about not having a second, and I hope it wasn’t to the detriment of my first. I am now finally happy that I have my beautiful boy, because I know that there are many who have none after years of struggles. And I was a fan of Guiliana and Bill. And I am speechless and breathless about the fact that their new born son was, well, new born and they were already talking about having another….even to the point of mentioning it to the surrogate as she was getting ready to leave the hospital! I mean, really, so very, very, very superficial and weird and thoughtless and did I mention superficial??

I’ve never posted anything anywhere ever, but I really felt the need to write this!

I think they are so eager to have a second because they realise they know that the siblings will look after each other because they’ll be too busy being really, really well famous!

Good Grief!

Jere

Posted at 7:45 PM on January 29, 2013

I totally agree with Amanda!

Boaden8

Posted at 10:16 PM on January 3, 2013

I’ve honestly enjoyed their reality show. A little of how the other half live mostly. I think she is missing some of the best moments of motherhood by heading back to work so soon. There is no other career choice greater than being a mother in the home for your child’s first five years. They deserve that. And after such a long struggle to have a child of their own I really thought she’d recognise this. Lost interest and admiration for them. Wish them luck but I guess it really is a case of how the ‘other half’ live. It’s just sad to me to read how mixed up both their priorities seem.

Jere

Posted at 7:46 PM on January 29, 2013

Yes, it seems they are both besotted with fame instead of their baby. How sad! GO HOME G. AND TAKE CARE OF DUKE. WE ARE ALL DISAPPOINTED IN YOU.

Guest

Posted at 10:26 AM on February 8, 2013

Do people not realize they just bought a mini mansion and a Restaurant in Chicago? Would you people rather she be in the crowd of slackers many are so quit to call freebie and the 47 mythology of takers.

Guest

Posted at 10:28 AM on February 8, 2013

She would be slammed if she were poor for being in the 47 imaginary percent called takers but she is being slammed for her work ethic so her baby can have a good life. WOW

ddell

Posted at 11:49 PM on January 2, 2013

It is shameful, that she left him so early, I am sure her mother did not leave her when she was not even a month old. she talks about him like he is an accessory, its sad, they have the means to stay home at least for the first few months easy, they should be ashamed of themselves, Bills father would be disapointed. I am sure her parents are not to happy either,

Stephanie

Posted at 9:17 PM on December 27, 2012

Grow up Giuliana, Be a Mom and enjoy your baby. Time goes by so quick and you will miss everything and your baby will miss out… Tell him that his nanny is his new Mommy… Stay home you crazy B###h. I feel so so sorry for your bsby Duke

brenda g

Posted at 7:08 AM on December 29, 2012

Omg y all the hating? This couple are good people and can give this child a good life…don’t hat because they have more then u……..and giuliana is not winning she is just stating a simple fact “that she misses her child when she is working” any women who has bonded with there child would feel the same way……and as u very well know in today’s world “it takes two incomes in order to get bye” and she and bill just make there money in front of the camera….don’t hat on them for that….u all haters would do the same thing if u had the chance…or could………and if u don’t like them or they annoy u”then don’t watch there show” turn the channel its not hard to do ……plus they have plenty of people out there in this world who will continue to watch them and follow there TV shows and there life story’s and y because we can relate to them and because we think they r wonderful people……and I btw bill has that sweet little boy most of the time not a nanny thank u very much……so I say go bill and giuliana we love you and are so thrilled that you have the chance to do what you do….your struggles and openness about your life have been encouraging and have helped many people……..and on a final note I’m so happy your dream of becoming parents has happened for you….god bless you both and that sweet little baby boy to :-)

Jere

Posted at 7:50 PM on January 29, 2013

I JUST FEEL SORRY FOR THE BABY! They have overdone the fame bit on this baby. Keep the cameras away from him, it’s disgusting.

Guest

Posted at 10:31 AM on February 8, 2013

Again how is it anyone business her working to have a good life for her baby? Her husband is there. These same critics probably slam poor stay at home mothers as being in the slacker wanting freebie crowd. GEEZZZZE PLE-ASE stop being all up in her personal business!

Vic

Posted at 8:59 PM on December 26, 2012

This couple is so annoying and FAKE. They are both on another planet. The planet of VANITY and I’m so sick of them. Stay home, raise your child b/c you can certainly afford to. Your control freak vain husband can keep on making the dough. But…..b/c you’re both money hungry and obsessed with being on camera every moment of your life, your child will be raised by strangers while you keep on annoying the hell out of everyone and whining about missing out on your son’s moments. Greed does not equal happiness. You’ve got so much and don’t even know it. Donate your Hermes bag and everything else designer and try really living life instead of filling life with meaningless stuff.

k8zo

Posted at 8:34 AM on January 3, 2013

I don’t understand all these crazy comments!! Are we really back in the 1950s where it’s considered unacceptable to be a working mother?? Guiliana has worked extremely hard to put together an amazing career for herself. There is no reason why her life should stop because she had a baby. Kids go to daycare and have nannies all across the world, I’m sure it’s hard to leave the baby, but at the same time, I’m sure it’d be devastating for her to end a career that she loves. Stop all the ridiculous hate! I plan to be a working mom. We need the money, but even if we didn’t, I would miss the adult interaction and fear I would lose my identity if I stayed home.

Jere

Posted at 7:52 PM on January 29, 2013

Is being dressed up and asking people “WHO ARE YOU WEARING”? more important than fulfilling your job as a mother???? Jeez!

Jere

Posted at 1:29 PM on December 26, 2012

Then why the &^%$# doesn’t she stay HOME! Because she is addicted to being on camera every second of their life! It is disgusting. I am so disappointed in her at leaving the newborn almost immediately to go off to Tampa and parade herself again to be on camera more. She way too self obsessed. Tries always to steal the attention from anyone else . Disgusting.

Cameron

Posted at 3:56 PM on December 24, 2012

Love the couple but just like all of us, we have a lot to learn about what is most important in life. Yes her life is different but it doesn’t make her a bad person. We all just have to learn lifes lessons in our own way and time.

Brenda

Posted at 7:58 AM on December 14, 2012

Bill is a control freak and G stand up for yourself.

BlondeAmbition

Posted at 2:29 AM on December 14, 2012

She needs to stop all the whining. Most women would give their right arm to have her money, stylists, nannies, staff, etc. The average woman has no choice but to work full time and/or many are single mothers by choice or by circumstance. She’s also not the first woman in the world to have survived breast cancer — and many have struggled alone without a husband or partner and living on a fraction of her ginormous salary. They have lost time from work, lost their hair, and much more. But all we ever hear from Giuliana is wah, wah, and more wah. What happened to being grateful (and humble) for the things you have and not whoring the minutia of your life out to the media? This woman shreds my last nerve — and btw, the clothing line she launched on HSN gave a measly 1% of sales to BC organization Bright Pink (which amounts to all of $0.70 on a pair of $70 jeans). If that’s not disingenuous and profiting off of a horrific disease, I don’t know what is. But the sheep would follow her off a cliff if she told them that was the trendy thing to do.

kristina

Posted at 8:37 AM on December 14, 2012

well said, blonde ambition.
I’ve tried to like this couple and see past the indulgence,pseudo-sincerity and fake humility, but a clincher for me was watching giuliana step off their (private) plane with brand new baby in hand – in skinny, teetery 5-inch heels! Now if that doesn’t reek of Kardashian – bordering on child abuse – I don’t know what does.
they are both so lost in space

krystal

Posted at 2:57 AM on December 17, 2012

i totally agree, i thaught i was the only one who noticed that she was wearing heels n walking down the stairway from the plane…….she was absolutely oblivious to her childs safety…….gosh….what was she thinking…… and the poor surrogate noticed this first hand, i saw it in her tears……… giuliana is a spoiled brat who need to set her feet down to earth….. n quit her dumn jokes that arent even funny… she wouldnt even know if life hit her in the face when she was delivered a baby…….nhooo xoxo Duke

Michelle

Posted at 8:55 AM on December 13, 2012

Gawd!! I cant stand looking at her! Shes so scary looking

Rachel

Posted at 1:32 PM on January 2, 2013

sure some people feel the same way about you….

estee

Posted at 7:46 PM on December 12, 2012

Baby Duke looks more like the father, so lovable!