With all holiday parties you’ll be hopping, the last thing you want is to show up with chipped polish! Here, tips to make your festive digits merry & bright!
Whether you’re headed to a dinner party or nighttime bash, maintaining your manicure so that it looks fresh every place you go is key! We turned to Valerie Rosenthal, owner of Robert Stuart Salon in NYC for advice on how to make your mani last from Christmas to New Year’s.
1) File nails straight with rounded corners. This way the corners are not vulnerable to hard surfaces and the chances of the polish chipping will be minimized.
2) Buff the nail plate lightly to create a better surface for the polish to adhere.
3) If soaking is done, make sure the nails are completely dry before applying the base coat.
4) Make sure all the hand lotion is removed from the nail bed before painting. The nail bed must be clean, dry and free of any debris or lotion.
5) Allow each coat to dry before applying the second coat. This is especially true for thicker, darker colors where the strokes of the brush will show.
6) Don’t use a fast dry oil, since it could cause bubbles. It has been said that air drying for a good 20 minutes is key. But who has that time? Spending a good 5 minutes with a nail dryer that has both a lamp and fan is the next best thing. UV dryers are key for gels and artificial nails but not necessary for regular polish.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU plan on getting a special holiday mani? Sound off below!
– Jennifer Tzeses
More Beauty News:
- Demi Lovato’s Red Hot Ombre Mani: Hot Or Not? Vote
- Allison Williams’ Gorgeous Glowy Skin: How Yours Can Look As Flawless
- Demi Lovato’s Pretty ‘X Factor’ Side Braid: How To Get The Look