‘Glee': Sam & Brittany Are The Perfect Match For Each Other

Fri, December 7, 2012 3:09pm EDT by 86 Comments
Glee Sam Brittany Relationship
Courtesy of Fox

After witnessing Sam and Brittany’s kissing scene and duet on the Dec. 6 episode of ‘Glee,’ I’ve decided that these two character belong together — find out why!

After Brittany (Heather Morris) and Santana (Naya Rivera) broke up on Glee, I wasn’t sure that Ms. Pierce would ever find an equally lovable match for herself, but I think she’s found the perfect suitor in Sam (Chord Overstreet).

Not only do Brittany and Sam look adorable together (both blonde, fit and hot), but they’re a perfect match, intellectually, as well. Now, some many say that’s an insult, but I find Brittany and Sam’s personalities to be cute and endearing. Together, they amplify their adorableness.

Unfortunately, the fans don’t seem to agree with me…

After the Dec. 6 episode, one outraged fan reached out to HollywoodLife.com and said, “lets face it — it’s a fact that Brittany was mute whilst in a relationship with Santana and now that she’s with Sam, she can speak, sing and is allowed to have story lines,” while adding, “It’s actually revolting and sick what Glee have just done.”

Another fan said, “Brittany and Sam? No thanks. He laid cereal on the FLOOR for her to eat, which she did … like an animal.”

Sure, after reading comments like this, I see the animal comparison. However, when I watched the episode, where Sam made a cute trail of cheerios so Brittany would find him at the end, I found it to be cute and very Brittany. Sam clearly knows the type of person Brittany is and loves her for her. If anything, it seems as though the “fans” don’t love Brittany for who she is.

I look forward to seeing more romantic moments between Sam and Brittany!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you a fan of “Bram”?

Watch More ENTV Videos!

— Chris Rogers

More Glee on HollywoodLife.com:

1. Exclusive: Jessica Sanchez ‘Definitely’ Wants To Be Finn’s Love Interest
  2. Why Kurt Needs To Forgive Blaine For Cheating
  3. Recap: Marley Faints On Stage At Sectionals

Littleone63 (@little_one63)

Posted at 11:41 PM on December 8, 2012

That is sort of racist of you the comparisons you made seem to all stem from the fact that they are both white, blonde, fit, and yet fit mentally because they have made them both dumber than a toddler. You and statement and comparison have no merit if these are the only reasons you can say they belong together.

Lola

Posted at 11:15 PM on December 8, 2012

One of the bus drivers ive met looks like kurt

Lola

Posted at 11:12 PM on December 8, 2012

Omg i love mark salling chord overstreet and cory monteith

Lola

Posted at 10:45 PM on December 8, 2012

Whatever mark sailling lover

marksallinglover

Posted at 10:26 PM on December 8, 2012

its my friend who is mark sailing lover?

Lola

Posted at 10:22 PM on December 8, 2012

Who is holly marksailinglover

marksallinglover

Posted at 10:19 PM on December 8, 2012

hey holly you rock

Lola

Posted at 10:01 PM on December 8, 2012

I love chord overstreet

Madonna

Posted at 9:29 PM on December 8, 2012

I’m gay and have Aspergers Syndrome. If my girlfriend laid a trail of cereal on the floor and expected me to eat it, I’d slap her in the face. This isn’t cute, this is beyond paternalistic, and it always seems to happen when Brittany’s dating one of the so-called “sweet guys”. Is there anything wrong with being single for a while and working on yourself rather than jumping in a rebound relationship?

HeYaGleek

Posted at 8:46 PM on December 8, 2012

Excuse me?? Don’t love Brittany for who she is?? So letting her eat cereals from the floor is loving her?? I pity your loved ones if you’d let them eat food from the floor just because they want to! And we never even liked making Brittany like dumb or stupid.. She doesn’t want to be called or treated like one, if you actually watch the show and remember. Now Sam doing that only lends substance to what he really thinks of her, dumb and stupid so how is that ideal? How would that be seen as love? And don’t even make me start with the double standards and “breaking the 4th wall” coz I tell you, your space for comments isn’t enough. And for the record, I’m not a lesbian, I’m angry but not a lesbian and I’m a hardcore Brittana fan. So would you be surprised if I say I voted for NO TO BRAM??!!!!

Priscilla

Posted at 8:37 PM on December 8, 2012

I like how the girl from the video, Chloe, mentioned Brittany and sam quickly like it was nothing… like they were a waste of time to even be mentioned LOL!

I love Brittany and I do like same, I just don’t like the relationship X3

MT

Posted at 8:01 PM on December 8, 2012

Wow “Not only do Brittany and Sam look adorable together (both blonde, fit and hot), but they’re a perfect match, intellectually, as well.” Didn’t Hitler have a similar idea?

rossy

Posted at 3:12 PM on December 10, 2012

Thats a good one!!!

Maria

Posted at 7:22 PM on December 8, 2012

Of course we are not. this storyline is a disgrace and absolutely disrespectful of the lesbian community. brittana fans have every right to compain. I used to be just a general glee fan but the show is getting worse by the minute so i think i am going to skip the rest of it. i’m really disappointed with what they’ve done this season including the decision to force a break up between the two gay couples and an even more forced relationship with Sam and apparently toddler Britney.

Courtney

Posted at 5:37 PM on December 8, 2012

Misogyny at it’s best! Treat a girl like she’s a dog, and it’s cute! Sucker punch a fandom for having legitimate complaints about double standards and sexism, and it’s funny! This show and this article are teaching me so much!……………………

Verônica

Posted at 4:44 PM on December 8, 2012

Fortunately the fans see the right and not like you. Bram is stupid.

rossy

Posted at 4:44 PM on December 8, 2012

I remember the Glee serie taught to be tolerant and accept yourself as you are, but now I can not believe just teach you to be discriminative with lesbians!!! OMG. Glee are you lost your mind???

Leslie

Posted at 4:33 PM on December 8, 2012

I think they could have worked if it wasn’t so lazily rushed by the writers. We already know Brittany still is in love with Santana and vice versa and only with Sam because she’s away. And I didn’t get how Sam has supposedly been in love with Brittany all this time too and thought Santana was jealous of him when he was all over Quinn and Mercedes in the past (which we never got any talk of how or why Samcedes ended. I don’t get it). That makes no sense.
Also I’m just not really a fan of how stupid they are writing them together. They never were this dim before on this show….together its like Dumb and Dumber. I don’t find that cute.
I could see them lasting for a little bit until Santana comes back. Sam is far too fickle falling and dating every girl that gives him the time of day (Quinn, Mercedes, Santana, Brittany). And Brittany needs to just learn how to be independent for an episode without needing someone there to hold her hand.

I wish they would have just stayed friends. I don’t know why Glee doesn’t believe boys and girls can be friends together unless one of them is gay (ie: Hummelberry). It would have felt more natural and worked better if they kept it that way. Oh Glee.

B.L

Posted at 4:30 PM on December 8, 2012

Who wrote this though? Flopson?

Mandy

Posted at 4:40 PM on December 8, 2012

no, he wrote the next one, so it’s going to get even worse before this is over.

B.L

Posted at 5:01 PM on December 8, 2012

I know, we really need to brace ourselves. But I meant who wrote the article

Mara

Posted at 4:40 PM on December 8, 2012

No, a woman.. a woman writing another woman eating from the floor, lol ok. Hodgson wrote the next episode with the Brittany/Sam wedding :S

Mary

Posted at 4:29 PM on December 8, 2012

Bram is something stupid! Never should have happened .. but what happened .. I’m hoping to finish forever.

Elle

Posted at 4:26 PM on December 8, 2012

I think “fans” are those who see nothing wrong with Brittany crawling on the floor while picking up her breakfast. I am a fan of Brittany and I don’t particularly mind if most of her scenes are written as comic relief, but the least I expect is for her to be treated as human being, as a ditzy, at times confused girl, but with dignity and worthy of respect.

rossy

Posted at 4:26 PM on December 8, 2012

I SAID: stupid!! maybe i¨f your mother or your sister were lesbians, you could understand our annoyance

Sienna

Posted at 4:24 PM on December 8, 2012

Oops, by “deaming” I meant Demeaning of course.

Sienna

Posted at 4:22 PM on December 8, 2012

“Sam clearly knows the type of person Brittany” a girl of 5 years old? It’s deaming to treat a woman like that. Everytime Brittany is witha guy she suddenly turn into a toddler, not just the ditzy girl, she seems too dumb to function, and it’s not that I have something agaisnt Brittany, she’s one of my favourite characters, is that I have something agaisnt the writers and their ways to treat her while she’s in a relationship with a boy.
Except the “sex tape” storyline (which I won’t think too much on it, looking at the person who wrote that episode” Brittany seemed the most clever she has ever been while being in a relationship with Santana. That of course the moments she was allowed to speak because she was mute for the most part of their dating time.
I don’t ship ANY couple of Glee, I just like to watch the show and see the storylines, but I really don’t like this couple, it’s boring, doesn’t bring anything good and I don’t see any chemistry whatsoever. I hope it doesn’t last too long.
Oh and not to mention the fact that apparently Samcedes was just a crazy fantasy the fans had during season 3. Way to break up 2 interracial couple (in which one of them was a lesbian couple) to create a new white, blonde and dumb couple. Way to go Glee. REVOLUTIONARY and groundbraking indeed….

Rachel

Posted at 4:19 PM on December 8, 2012

first of all, just LOL at “one outraged fan” as if we’re crazy for thinking it’s wrong that a bisexual character is written out of her rs when it’s with a female and then becomes the main star of the show once she finds a boy to date. and i’m sorry but any man who thinks laying a trail of treats on the ground for a woman is a way to woo her doesn’t deserve to even talk to a woman. the white male hero worship on glee is unbearable sometimes. i’m not surprised the only people left reviewing it are that exact demographic.

brittana shipper

Posted at 4:18 PM on December 8, 2012

I think the people have spoken. We don’t want double standars on Glee. Oh also WE WANT BRITTANA.