‘Glee': Sam & Brittany Are The Perfect Match For Each Other

Fri, December 7, 2012 3:09pm EDT by 86 Comments
Glee Sam Brittany Relationship
Courtesy of Fox

After witnessing Sam and Brittany’s kissing scene and duet on the Dec. 6 episode of ‘Glee,’ I’ve decided that these two character belong together — find out why!

After Brittany (Heather Morris) and Santana (Naya Rivera) broke up on Glee, I wasn’t sure that Ms. Pierce would ever find an equally lovable match for herself, but I think she’s found the perfect suitor in Sam (Chord Overstreet).

Not only do Brittany and Sam look adorable together (both blonde, fit and hot), but they’re a perfect match, intellectually, as well. Now, some many say that’s an insult, but I find Brittany and Sam’s personalities to be cute and endearing. Together, they amplify their adorableness.

Unfortunately, the fans don’t seem to agree with me…

After the Dec. 6 episode, one outraged fan reached out to HollywoodLife.com and said, “lets face it — it’s a fact that Brittany was mute whilst in a relationship with Santana and now that she’s with Sam, she can speak, sing and is allowed to have story lines,” while adding, “It’s actually revolting and sick what Glee have just done.”

Another fan said, “Brittany and Sam? No thanks. He laid cereal on the FLOOR for her to eat, which she did … like an animal.”

Sure, after reading comments like this, I see the animal comparison. However, when I watched the episode, where Sam made a cute trail of cheerios so Brittany would find him at the end, I found it to be cute and very Brittany. Sam clearly knows the type of person Brittany is and loves her for her. If anything, it seems as though the “fans” don’t love Brittany for who she is.

I look forward to seeing more romantic moments between Sam and Brittany!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you a fan of “Bram”?

Watch More ENTV Videos!

— Chris Rogers

More Glee on HollywoodLife.com:

1. Exclusive: Jessica Sanchez ‘Definitely’ Wants To Be Finn’s Love Interest
  2. Why Kurt Needs To Forgive Blaine For Cheating
  3. Recap: Marley Faints On Stage At Sectionals

Jack

Posted at 4:17 PM on December 8, 2012

I’m not a fan of Bram. I think they could have been cute, but their getting together story-line was beyond ridiculous and rushed. They had to dumb down Sam so much to Brittany levels and they ignored his relationship with Mercedes. Also, instead of using Brittany’s feelings for Santana, they used some ridiculous lines about on-line lesbians that was really unnecessary and offensive. This is the most contrived and uninteresting pairing they have ever done. Just the fact that they had to change history to make them fit together shows how wrong they are together. I hope it doesn’t last long.

Crystal

Posted at 5:23 PM on December 8, 2012

Absolutely agree with everything you wrote, especially the whole changing history.

As it people are meant to believe that Sam has had a thing for Brittany all this time. I mean he even came back last season and started pursuing Mercedes even though he knew she was in a relationship already. Did he just want to break them up for a laugh.

The fact that the writers have to dumb down Sam and try and rewrite history for this couple to work is ridiculous.

Gaby

Posted at 4:16 PM on December 8, 2012

I never thought it would be possible to have so much stupidity in just one article… I mean just LOL! Glad i stopped watching Glee before the br*m crap.

AlpineAddict

Posted at 4:10 PM on December 8, 2012

Way to miss the point entirely. And by the way, I’m a straight white female. There is no way that a person eating cereal off a dirty floor is in any way of the imagination romantic. I actually like Sam’s character, but I’d rather see them as friends. If Britt and Santana have to be broken up, fine. Britt should be working out how to graduate and dealing with her failure and Santana should be figuring how to follow her dreams. That’s a storyline that could actually impact people. This relationship is stupid, much stupider than the characters that are portraying it.

Isa

Posted at 4:09 PM on December 8, 2012

Lol no.
It’s pretty sad that you ignore the double standards just because they’re “both blonde, fit and hot”.

Please slap yourself with a chicken cutlet.

B.L

Posted at 4:23 PM on December 8, 2012

best comment hahahaha Also, preach!!

Alli

Posted at 4:06 PM on December 8, 2012

I think Bram is adorable. It’s actually the first ship in a long time to actually make me smile because it’s not overdramatic and uncharacteristic of highschoolers the way Samcedes was.

Loius

Posted at 4:05 PM on December 8, 2012

Who wrote this matter has serious mental problems, sorry.

Darren

Posted at 4:08 PM on December 8, 2012

would you expect anything else from a bram shipper? lmao

Mandy

Posted at 4:04 PM on December 8, 2012

“Sam clearly knows the type of person Brittany is and loves her for her. If anything, it seems as though the “fans” don’t love Brittany for who she is”

Are you freaking kidding me? Brittany is a character that late season 2 was capable of great emotional insight . She’s quirky, not a child. She has said multiple times how upset people’s low expectations of her make her feel, and here Sam is feeding her off the floor. That’s insulting. He doesn’t see her any different than everyone else does. Except Santana, of course, who actually values what she has to say.

GC

Posted at 4:02 PM on December 8, 2012

Wow way to totally and completely miss the point.

Kailee

Posted at 4:02 PM on December 8, 2012

There’s never anything interesting about watching two people with everything in common date. That just makes for stale TV. And Glee has become boring enough as it is. And the show basically screwed Bram as a couple from the get go by retconning Sams character in order to force the two of them together. He was a much more interesting character when paired with Mercedes, or Quinn who were very different from him. Same with Brittany and Santana. Now he’s just dating the female version of himself. Aesthetically attractive but nothing beyond that.

Saint

Posted at 4:01 PM on December 8, 2012

We love Brittany for who she is and she is not a stupid girl. Brittany has her mature & crazy moments that we love both equally but this pairing isn’t good for her. Sam is dragging her to more stupidity and childish behaviours that doesn’t suit both of them. They bring the worst in each other.

LolGlee (@Glee_16)

Posted at 4:01 PM on December 8, 2012

Good Lord what is this article?! Judging the writer of this article for thinking that a trail of food laid down on the floor is cute. If someone does that to you would you like it and go down on all fours and it eat straight off the floor? Disgusting.

Suzie

Posted at 4:00 PM on December 8, 2012

No and no. The double standard is disgusting. Brittana had literally five minutes of screen-time in s3 – with a mute Brittany for the most part – but of course she talks about her feelings and everything else when a boy is involved. They already had more – a duet, talking about their feelings and what they see in each other, dancing together, a kiss in less than 20 minutes – than Brittana had and it was only in ONE episode! It’s revolting and frankly insulting. Let’s not even mention the writers calling all Brittany shippers “angry lesbians” if they don’t accept this new couple.

JOJO

Posted at 4:00 PM on December 8, 2012

At first I thought I thought it was a woman writing this article I was about to say what kind of woman would want to be treated like an animal? I saw it was a man and that explained everything that was wrong with this article. I like Brittany and wouldn’t have a problem with Bram if it wasn’t for that stupid cheerio trail. He set it out not to only lead her to him but for her to eat breakfast and he had a cup of milk for her. How the hell is that romantic. It’s like a trap set out for its prey. It was gross and unnecessary. People like you writing this article is whats wrong with the world. You enjoy the degradation of women in the media and excuse things like glee when they are wrong.

katherine

Posted at 3:59 PM on December 8, 2012

lol how much did ryan murphy pay you to write this? bram is possibly the worst couple to ever happen on glee. and a perfect match consists of a male and female identical version of each other? brittany and sam can barely write let alone process concepts they’ve been so dumbed down. sue and will would be better suited for each other ffs.

Snix

Posted at 3:58 PM on December 8, 2012

Who lets a Girl eat Food from the Floor, it’s disgusting and just ewww.

Tina

Posted at 3:58 PM on December 8, 2012

Ok, my opinion on Bram is the fact that not one, not two, but THREE fandoms was completely spit on. That whole “angry lesbian blogger” thing gets me so mad! I’m not a lesbian, but I do enjoy Brittana. I’m a HARDCORE Samcedes fan, and this season it was as if Sam didn’t spend half a season fighting for Mercedes. Putting her name in lights. Crying because he could be with her. Uploading a video of her on YouTube getting her notices by a record label! But I’m supposed to believe that Sam has ALWAYS been into Brittany??? What about Quinn??? Sam had feelings for her to right? He gave her a promise ring right? Or did I just make up two seasons of Sam Evans development in my head? Yeah, ok Glee!

Rina*

Posted at 4:01 PM on December 8, 2012

*couldnt be with her*

Marley

Posted at 3:57 PM on December 8, 2012

Bram is ridiculous.
What was that scene Brittany eating crisps from the floor? disgusting.

♥ Brittana Is Love ♥ (@BrittanaArg)

Posted at 3:48 PM on December 8, 2012

I’m not a fan of Bram at all, i think they look like sibling and its ridiculous how this relationship is going, like going nowhere, beacuse we all know Brittana loves Santana, her only true love..You can’t deny their chremistry, Brittana is love and altough now they’re apart, im sure they’ll be back soon.

Madison

Posted at 3:46 PM on December 8, 2012

You are so off base with everything in this commentary

mica

Posted at 3:45 PM on December 8, 2012

are you freaking insane?! Of course people won’t agree with you. Brittana are soulmates and everyone knows it.

CV

Posted at 3:36 PM on December 8, 2012

Wow….just no.

Saoirse

Posted at 3:29 PM on December 8, 2012

I love Brittany for who she is and I think that Sam and Brittany are really cute but I can’t get over how Brittany was ignored when she was in a relationship with Santana. You can hardly accuse people of not loving Brittany for who she is when she is a bisexual whose relationship with another girl was only used for sex jokes? It’s pretty sad to be honest and your reaction is exactly why the many Brittana fans are worried that this portrayal and invisibility of a decent female same sex relationship will be accepted by the mainstream.

I would totally ship Bram (because I absolutely ADORE Sam and as you can guess, I am Brittany’s biggest fan) but I just can’t accept that Brittana were not treated properly (look at the substantive story lines given to Klaine for example). Brittana had more interaction as friends than they ever had in a relationship and I just think it’s because of the underlying misogyny and misunderstanding of women.

People saying that Santana and Brittany are broken up now and that they should be able to date other people are just missing the point completely.

It’s a worrying thing when we have to justify our frustration when it should be obvious.

NO Brittana fan dislikes Bram because they think Brittany shouldn’t be with a guy, they just wish that Brittana were treated better when they were together (had that been the case and they broke up for a good reason? Then great! But it wasn’t).

I hope you understand where we’re coming from.

Oh, and let’s not forget that Mercedes seems to have been a figment of Sam’s imagination because their relationship has been completely ignored.

Sean C.

Posted at 2:47 PM on December 8, 2012

I notice that you completely avoided responding to the charges in the first email you quoted, the one that points out all the double standards. Brittany has had three relationships on the show. Two with boys, and one with a girl.

When she dates a boy, they get screentime, emotionally serious scenes, duets (in Brittany and Sam’s case), and Christmas plots (with both Sam and Artie). Both those couples kissed in their first episode as a romantic item, and frequently kissed thereafter.

When she has an acknowledged romantic interest in a girl, it took nearly thirty episodes for them to kiss, and only after fans literally had to campaign for it. While they dated, they spoke only about four times (never seriously, and never in private), and went over half-a-dozen episodes without saying two words to each other, even when Santana was being outed. They were the only couple who didn’t speak to each other at prom in Season 3. And when they breakup, the bisexual girl gets a new male love interest, while the lesbian gets…nothing. So the show has replaced one of only two gay female couples in primetime TV with a straight couple.

The show is noxiously sexist in its treatment of gay females, and if you can’t see that, you’re wilfully blind.

Angela

Posted at 1:23 AM on December 8, 2012

I really dony see how being “blonde, fit and hot” has anything to di with anything. So i guess you’re saying mercedes wasnt “fit”(whatever you mean with that) or hott. Thats such a nice and open minded opinion you have.. why do you even have this blog

Jess

Posted at 4:07 PM on December 8, 2012

this. sounds like an incredibly shallow person who just wants to see heteronormative, aesthetically pleasing, superficial relationships. a good couple compliments and challenges each other. brittany and sam would probably get lost in a magical rain forest trying to lure unicorns over with outdated george bush impressions.

katie

Posted at 3:48 PM on December 7, 2012

I like Bram. They look pretty cute together. And I don’t get how it’s “sick and revolting” Brittnay can date Sam if she wants to. Santana kind of betrayed her when she said she had an energy change (I think?) And felt attracted to that other girl.
These people need to chill. Gosh, if Santana can like other people, why can’t Brittney? If Glee wants to make it realistic, they have to experiment with other couples. Brittana can’t last forever! They are still in their teens.
I thought it was cute when Sam made that trail, because Brittney loves cheerios! And she followed the trail and it led to him. I have actually been waiting for Bram!!

sarah

Posted at 4:01 PM on December 8, 2012

i don’t know where these girls who think a guy leaving a trail of food on the floor as if he’s training a puppy is cute exist because if anyone every did that to me or my friends we’d probably shove all those dirty cheerios down their throat and throw the milk in their face. that was gross. and incredibly degrading.