‘Dancing With The Stars’ Doing One Less Cycle Per Year — Report

Fri, December 7, 2012 10:15am EDT by 55 Comments
Dancing With The Stars Season 16 Changes
Courtesy of ABC

wacoalan

Posted at 2:55 AM on January 20, 2013

….i want a fourth judge! One that does not know how to dance and scores it by how the dance made them feel and were entertained. MY vote for that Judge would be Carson Kressley,. Loved him so much on his short run. I love the judges but think it is not complete. More please of the not so ballroom dancing the bollywood and other dances that are not the norm was great. I believe dancing is like singing it is a personal interpretation of something making it different and entertaining. Every size, shape and talent level should be used. I disagreed many times with the judges but as a viewer it is my job to tell them by voting for the one that i loved.

yasmin mohan

Posted at 9:04 PM on January 18, 2013

i want the same 3 judges back; can you imagine the show without bruno? I can’t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandra

Posted at 2:28 PM on January 18, 2013

Soy una fiel televidente desde que comenzó este reality, pero esta temporada si fue decepcionante, los jueces fueron muy predecibles en sus votaciones, yo creí que el hecho de presentarse casi la mayoría de los ganadores de las temporadas pasadas iba a ser divertida pero me equivoque, parecería que desde el principio ellos ya tenían al ganador

Jack

Posted at 7:32 PM on January 14, 2013

My interest is definitely declining. It wouldn’t hurt to change the judges. Carrie only concentrates on both feet never leaving the floor; Bruno doesn’t know how communicate without screaming; and Len is a professional judge from yesteryear who won’t make allowances for new trends. Let’s face facts. Not all stars are created equal when it involves dancing. There is always a token senior on hand as well as a professional athlete and a cumbersome or overweight contestant. Even accomplished dancers have been showcased. There is no balance. Last season was the worst. I had to stop watching mid way as it was becoming quite obvious that there was too much favoritism going on.

Maria Miller

Posted at 1:35 PM on January 14, 2013

I have watched the show faithfully from day one, wouldn’t work on Mon or Tues night and this season 15 was a bust…I watched every week and loved the dances but it needs to be shaken up abit…Perhaps let the viewers see the three judges dance once in awhile since we only see them sitting down and I loved when you guys had the young dancers competing, those kids were great…and I agree that the contestants should be dancers that can not dance….But one thing is certain do not remove the show as that would be wrong….Well as I think of more I will continue to follow the show and all the info online…

Bill

Posted at 8:40 PM on January 13, 2013

The judges were so obviously wanting Melissa to win, it felt so rigged by them that it made the show not fun to watch. Derek and Shawn should have won but the judges nearly made fools of themselves trying to keep that from happening. IN previous seasons I felt the judging was pretty fair. No so in season 15. I knew after only a couple of weeks Melissa was going to win. The judges made it obvious she would.

yasmin mohan

Posted at 9:05 PM on January 18, 2013

so true

Darlene nelson

Posted at 5:46 PM on January 10, 2013

The Big change needed is let the professional judges judge & the people shouldn’t have as much say.IT has become a popularity contest as opposed to a true talent contest. Keep the judges.

JJ

Posted at 11:17 PM on January 9, 2013

How about going back to the basics? Raw talent and stop trying to fudge everything. Look what happened to the Bachelor when the phoniness was outed. Change the judges and I will never watch again.

vgrandja

Posted at 11:12 PM on January 9, 2013

DWTS should go by another name- if it is going to put celebs who can’t dance at all.

Do whatever you want but I don’t watch shows that don’t take dancing seriously.

vgrandja

Posted at 11:06 PM on January 9, 2013

The last 2 seasons have been disappointing because those that deserved the trophy because they were the best in dancing.

To get a trophy based on popularity only makes the show a sham.

Bryant Crawford

Posted at 7:53 PM on January 7, 2013

Bobby Burgess, from the Lawrence Welk Show for a judge or even host. He knows his stuff and can “still perform it”. Admittedly, Paula Abdul added something at least people were tuning in to see if she was stoned again, she was hilarious. although her performance was putrid.
Carrie Inaba has no value to the show. Neither does the other, lady the one with the brown hair.
Cut out the Rap Crap & street garbage. As that’s taking an ultimate sport, a fine competition to many if you’ve watched the nationals you’d agree and making it cheap.

Julie

Posted at 3:13 PM on January 3, 2013

The only thing I would change is get rid off Brooke. I think she is pointless.

Marissa

Posted at 4:30 PM on January 3, 2013

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U!!!!!!! And she is soooo in-love with Derek and stuff, like everyone can see that she’s all over him and she’s jealous of all his other parners….

JJ

Posted at 11:19 PM on January 9, 2013

There is nothing wrong with Brooke. What? Too pretty for you?

yasmin mohan

Posted at 9:07 PM on January 18, 2013

i must admit that samantha was a better back stage host

Zoe

Posted at 12:45 AM on January 1, 2013

PUT DANIELLA MONET ON DANCING WITH THE STARS! Everyone loves Daniella!

Marissa

Posted at 2:41 PM on December 27, 2012

The judges are GREAT!!!! They are so funny and I like them. They should stay. If you guys were to change anything, you should maybe give better parteners to everyone else ( especially Maks) and not Derek. Also, maybe not let the votes get in the way of the judging, because sometimes a pair that was on top of the leader board gets eliminated and then like the pair that was on the bottom of the leader board, stay in just because of the votes and theyre famous…. So it’s not really fair. Anyways, give Maks a better partener cuz he’s been one of the longest on the show and still has not won! And then, lastly, you should select better dancers or more famous people ( preferably not ones that have 2 left feet!!), like maybe Selena Gomez!!!!!! PLEASE! This is just my opinion and I hope that DWTS gets back on top and has 2 CYCLES!!!!

Thanx for reading!!

P.S. I know, it was long……. !!!!!!!!! ;) :)

Nadine

Posted at 7:59 AM on February 9, 2013

I so agree, it’s a dance competition not a popularity contest!!!!

Winnie

Posted at 10:23 PM on December 20, 2012

The only thing that needs to change is the scoring. People should not be allowed so many votes and viewer votes should not be the top draw. I know they want viewer participation, but loyal fans (like myself) who actually like to see good dancing keep having to watch talentless people get put through because someone liked them on whatever show they were on at the time. Or this person had the same kind of surgery I had, let me vote for them. Or, he used to play for my favorite NFL team, let me keep him in there. It’s a crock. Judges need more input and value and viewers need some input, but you need like one vote per line and all this Facebook, website, phone, text thing with like 12 votes each is ridiculous. People with large families and big groups of friends just recruit them to vote a bunch of times. Meanwhile, I, who watches the show solo and has not a big family and circle of friends (and refuses to go purchase multiple pre-paid phones just to vote-that’s just pathetic) am stuck with what?

Make it like a real competition and stop giving the same great partners to the same people every year. If I see Cheryl Burke with another gorgeous celebrity or an athlete, I am going to vomit.

Marissa

Posted at 2:43 PM on December 27, 2012

I agree with the Cheryl Burke coment and that they always give they ” give the same great parteners with the same people every year”. Also, they always give AWESOME parteners to Derek, so that’s not fair…. !!! :(

thestartsomethingpeople.com

Posted at 10:28 AM on December 15, 2012

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about health. Regards

M.sampson

Posted at 5:36 PM on December 12, 2012

They need top names, not reality personalities. The judges are great, we need “STARS” from the title of the show. They have time to get on the ball and find them- Lets go DWTS find the Celebs!

gmed

Posted at 11:38 PM on December 11, 2012

I woudnt change the judges!!! Change the dancers, sometimes they are not even stars. Find people more well known and perhaps they need to change the way they present the rehearsals

Lynard

Posted at 9:07 PM on December 10, 2012

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the show — I don’t think anything needs changing.

I hope they give Maks a real contender so he has a legitimate chance to win. Now that Tony has finally partnered a winner, Maks is the pro who has been on the show longest without a win.

Marissa

Posted at 2:44 PM on December 27, 2012

YUP!!!! AGREED!!!!!!!!

yasmin mohan

Posted at 9:09 PM on January 18, 2013

I AGREE WITH EVERY COMMENT YOU MADE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thella may

Posted at 7:24 AM on December 9, 2012

I have watched the show every season fron day one. This past season I didn’t watch. They had dancers who had been on before that was boaring. They need dancers who learn to dance. I will not watch if Emily Matnard dances. I don’t think changes judges will help the show

Donnie Ferrill

Posted at 12:33 AM on December 9, 2012

get more entertaining people, MOST of what is on now, are people that you hardly hear, some music stars would be good, Id love to see some of the Judges from the court shows, the show has become a bore. I certainly dont think the changing the judges is what the problem is, get more stars that entertain, PERIOD!!

sharon

Posted at 8:30 PM on December 7, 2012

I would like to see more soap stars Anthony Geary from General Hospital would be great. Even better Kevin Bacon may some more reality stars like Dan from Big Brother 14. as far as the judges go I love Bruno Len

iAd (InsanityAfterDark Show)

Posted at 7:49 PM on December 7, 2012

Reblogged this on InsanityAfterDark (IAD) and commented:
This show is so Rigged..

dessertgirl

Posted at 3:05 PM on December 7, 2012

I can’t stand Emily. I enjoy the Bachelor/ette but didn’t watch with Emily. She is a famewhore much the same as Kate Gosselin. Why can’t both of them get lost in oblivion?

guest

Posted at 1:02 PM on December 7, 2012

I can tell you one thing…… bringing on Emily Maynard for next season is NOT going to help ratings….at least in my opinion. If I want to see people that can dance I will watch “SYTYCD” – keep to dancing amateurs….