‘Dancing With The Stars’ — Producers Want To Bring In New Younger Judges

Fri, December 7, 2012 4:53pm EDT by 14 Comments
Dancing With the Stars New Judges
ABC, FameFlynet

Gitta

Posted at 4:29 PM on May 23, 2013

i THINK ITS UP TO DEREK IF HE WANTS TO BE A JUDGE OR DANCER!!!!YES.HE IS A SUPER-DANCER PLUS GREAT IN CHOREOGRAPHE,JUST LIKE CHERYL…PLUS HE IS WELL MANNERED….i LOVE THIS SHOW,IT SURE IS MY FAVORIT….i MUST SAY ,i,M A GOOD DANCER ALSO….THE TANGO HE DANCED,PLUS THE MUSIC,I HAD TEARS IN MY EYES…**WUNDERBAR**…..MY HUSBAND AND I DO THING SOME JUDGES ARE PLAYING FAVORIT….COMPLIMENTS DO THE SINGERS AND MUSIC,,,,,WOULD BE NICE IF THEY CHOOSE MORE THE OLD SONGS…LIKE FROM THE 60TH……..AND PLEASE LET THEM WEAR SHIRTS…DONT CARE TO SEE A NACKED CHEST….i HAD MY FUN……LOL..
LIKE IVE SAID ……I LOVE THAT SHOW………GUESS WHAT,MY DENTIST IS CHERYL ‘S FATHER……GITTA

Patricia

Posted at 11:19 PM on February 15, 2013

Derek would be a great judge, but I would really miss him dancing. He’s the best dancer, teacher, person, trainer & choreographer on the show. Without him theres not DWTS! But I have to admit, I love all the dancers and all they do to make DWTS what it is… The best show on TV!

Irene Adams (@Crusher58)

Posted at 1:07 PM on January 4, 2013

Just don’t get those who like dwts judges. I don’t like any of them. Bruno vulgar. Len strange. Carrie Ann totally unlikable. Oh well.

Ann Lail

Posted at 1:02 PM on December 17, 2012

Leave DWTS Judging Panel alone.. they are perfect! Just have an additionalc guest judge each week too! If they start replacing judges the show will go down the tubes like American Idol did once Simon and Paula left. Why mess with perfection?? Derekv Hough would be boring as heck as a judge. Hes a great dancer but boring personality.

jerry setton

Posted at 11:11 PM on December 22, 2012

Derek is a dancer. His place is not among the jury. I think the producers cleaver enough to realise this indisputable fact. Jerry Setton

Betz Kimble

Posted at 1:57 PM on December 12, 2012

If the producers could get the current judges to quit “favouring” the couple they want to win-and not bring in so many “Reality” un-stars, and keep them on the show much longer than they should be-and the karaoke style singing has got to go- Then people might watch the show again-

Jennifer

Posted at 3:43 PM on December 10, 2012

They should ask Ali Vincent to be a contestant on the show;, she has great energy and such a positiv attitude. (Ali is the first season winner of the Biggest Loser)

Mac Boney

Posted at 7:36 PM on December 9, 2012

They need to go back to more ballroom and less show dancing. Ratings were better with ballroom emphasis.

Elaine

Posted at 12:48 PM on December 8, 2012

I loved when Paula Abdul was a guest judge. She and Bruno were hilarious together. It sure didn’t help the X Factor’s rating when they went to young judges. There ratings went down. The young judges often don’t have the necessary maturity to dothe job. I would love to see Paula as a eanent judge.

Tre

Posted at 7:49 AM on December 10, 2012

What you said :-) … Paula was great … bring her back.

True SELENATOR

Posted at 12:12 PM on December 8, 2012

Everyone is thinking that younger judges is the thing but i think the x factor is a true example of what shouldn’t be done. Younger judges don’t have that much experience and they lead the contestants in a new way or just are fit to be judges at all.

Jewels033

Posted at 1:06 AM on December 8, 2012

Younger judges would totally turn me off to the show. And, moving to NYC…that is a turnoff for me as well though where the show is done would not cause me to not watch. Beats me why Derek would agree to be a judge. Last I heard he is not returning to the show as he is going to be doing other things. Guest judges are another thing I do not care for. I would leave the judges as they are…of course, who knows if they even want to return. There is a good chemistry between them and that is good. I do think the judges should be stricter with their scores as well as pay attention to the actual dancing more and not just the delivery as Bruno and Carrie Anne tend to go overboard with. And, of course, stop with the favoritism. But, the thing I would really change is the fan voting. Give a lot fewer votes per week, for one thing.

jennyst123

Posted at 6:07 PM on December 7, 2012

I like the judges as they are! Yes Bruno is over the top, Len can be an old curmudgeon, and Carrie Ann gets a bit weird with her points deductions but they know the dances and hold the contestants to a standard. Someone might mention to the producers and others the more changes they make the lower their ratings go. A great idea might be to stick to the original formula and concentrate on the dances and not a bunch of strange changes. Now there’s a novel concept!

Beverly

Posted at 5:58 PM on December 7, 2012

I did not like the guest judges..did not like Paula when she judged. Younger judges don’t have the experience. I like Len the best. I can mark this fave off my must watch list.