Rude Santa Fired From Mall For Not Allowing Girl, 6, To Sit On Lap

Thu, December 6, 2012 6:35pm EDT by 6 Comments
Mall Santa Fired
Courtesy of Flickr

How ho ho horrible! A grumpy mall Santa was given the black-leather boot after he refused to let a little girl sit on her lap when her family couldn’t pay the $20 photo fee!

For many families, visiting Santa at the mall is a fun holiday activity. But for one mother and daughter who ventured to the Maine Mall in South Portland, it became a nightmare when the hired Santa was so rude, he didn’t give the poor family the time of day.

Jessica Mailhiot took her 6-year-old daughter Chantel to see St. Nick, so her daughter could tell him what she wanted for Christmas — but was instead completely snubbed.

When Jessica told Santa she wasn’t interested in spending the $20 for the take-home photo — she was already worried about bills and paying for Christmas gifts — he refused to let Chantel even sit on his lap.

“He just put his hand on his lap so I couldn’t go on,” Chantel told local news station WGME.

After dozens of other similar complaints, Maine Mall let the cranky Santa go.

“Visiting Santa at The Maine Mall is free. Photo purchases are NOT required and we have been reacting to customer complaints by taking some pretty serious steps already, the results of which you will see within the upcoming days,” the mall wrote on her Facebook page. “We realize time with Santa Claus is a holiday tradition many of our shoppers look forward to year after year – and so do we.”

What do YOU think of the rude Santa HollyMoms?

– Christina Stiehl

More on Sad Santa Stories:

1. Santas Are Now Lowering Kids’ Gift Expectations
  2. Justin Bieber: I Wasn’t Allowed To Believe In Santa As A Kid
  3. Chynna Phillips Hates Santa Claus — Calls Him A ‘Horrible Perpetuated Lie!’

test2

Posted at 5:01 PM on March 17, 2013

I have not checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend

Dr. Tisa Muhammad

Posted at 11:19 AM on December 9, 2012

I KNOW ONE THiNG for SURE- HE WASN’T a PEDOPHILE!!~ Otherwise, it would have been a “FREE RIDE”….

Jasmine

Posted at 4:38 PM on December 7, 2012

how rude “Santa”!!! i probably wouldn’t do the free photo but i would let her sit on my lap and tell me her wishes.

Judy

Posted at 9:14 PM on December 6, 2012

There is abosolutely no excuse to treat anybody like this! If I were the ‘Santa”, I would not only let the little girl sit on my lap and tell me her wishes, I would offer to let her have the picture for free to have something special to remember this Christmas. I would pay for her picture out of my own pocket.

lifejourneytruthdestination

Posted at 7:26 PM on December 6, 2012

Reblogged this on life love and the truth and commented:
He was totally, ‘out of line’! How disgraceful!

tina

Posted at 7:05 PM on December 6, 2012

what a selfish a$$hole! He should never work at any job allowing him to be near children again.
This is a kid’s fave time of the whole year,then this man ruins it for this little girl !?!
What a d*ck.
I am glad he got fired. This is a tradition for millions of kids and the poor are no exception. That man needs to realize,that there are children, as I type this,living homeless, in NYC. Right now. They would love to have a home,and this mom did the right thing,by treating her child to a time-honored tradition, and is doing good by her daughter, to have a roof over her head/food/ pay bills, ect. Then this man does this !? The man should be blacklisted from ANY job in Portland. Period.
just my thoughts…