Demi Lovato: Emblem3 ‘Downgraded Version’ Of Jonas Brothers

Thu, December 6, 2012 9:12am EST by 14 Comments
Demi Lovato Emblem3 Diss
Courtesy of YouTube

Demi held nothing back on the Dec. 5 episode of ‘The X Factor’ as she slammed Emblem3 for a terrible performance of Bruno Mars’ ‘Just The Way You Are.’

Even though Demi Lovato may have a crush on one of the members of Emblem3, she slammed them after their “Just The Way You Are” performance on The X Factor on Dec. 5.

“It wasn’t the best. To me, honestly, I used to really, really love you guys, but to me I feel like it’s a downgraded version of The Jonas Brother five years ago,” Demi said as she critiqued their performance of “Just The Way You Are,” before shrugging her shoulders.

Simon countered her critique by saying, “I have to say that was incredibly dumb what you just said actually.”

While we wouldn’t go as far as saying Demi is dumb, we certainly think she was out of line!

What do YOU think of Demi’s harsh criticism, HollywoodLifers? Was Demi out of line?

— Chris Rogers

More X Factor on HollywoodLife.com:

1. ‘X Factor’s’ CeCe Frey Speaks — Is She The New Ke$ha? — Video
  2. CeCe Frey: ‘The X Factor’ Judges Don’t Get What I’m Doing
  3. Vino Alan: Did He Diss CeCe Frey After He Was Cut & She Wasn’t?

Mimi

Posted at 7:47 AM on July 29, 2013

I really think that demi was WAY out of line. Emblem3 is way better than the Jonas Brothers and that’s kinda rude to your former Disney friends. When I think about it, they kinda sound better than you demi. ;-)

Amanda

Posted at 4:13 PM on December 22, 2012

I don’t agree with Demi.. Emblem3 sounds completely different than the Jonas Brothers! Just listen to their originals! They are very different and they have their own sound.. And I also don’t agree with the whole “this is just a vocal competition”.. Yes vocals are very important but the X Factor is about that star quality!!! Not just vocals!
It’s about having the whole package! And I love Emblem3 for that!
Because they are different and original

Caroline

Posted at 1:49 AM on December 12, 2012

I don’t get it. When L.A. Reid criticized on Fifth Harmony people think he is “wrong and mean” but when Demi practically insults and lashes out to Emblem3, people praise her for it. Sorry, I am an Emblem3 fan and I hate how people are hating on them. Let’s not forget that Demi was really rude to L.A. with all the Vino hating as to even say that her act was better than his. That’s just being immature. I really hope she isn’t going to be judging on the next season.

Sadie

Posted at 1:55 AM on December 10, 2012

i agree that demi was just being honest that wasnt the greatest performance i have ever seen exfactor has had much more talented performers at this stage of the competition personally i believe they should sound better

Hiba

Posted at 1:59 PM on December 6, 2012

no i think she was honest..they’re being too manufactured..and i dont think her comment was mean like a lot of people are saying. she’s always trying to tell simon that emblem 3 can be better cuz she’s been a fan of them from the beginning. all this hate on demi is annoying, she’s definitely the best judge and mentor.

Vicky

Posted at 2:26 AM on December 7, 2012

I agree with you Hiba! I think Demi is the only real honest one here! Emblem 3 do not sound that good. Its obvious that the only reason they are still in the darn competition is because of all those young girls that think they’re cute (yuk!!). If Simon was not their mentor, he knows darn well he would have dogged them from the first time they sang. He would have said things far worst than what Demi said…AND NOT GAVE A DA@#! Its sad that groups like that get to go thru, instead of great singers, just because of a lot of deaf, young females. The true music lovers vote for who sounds good. This is why a lot of the time I don’t watch these shows.. The choice is not for the best singer, but rather who can get a lot of votes.

Julena........

Posted at 1:27 PM on December 6, 2012

All demi knows is to criticize the acts even carly!!! And britney or Simon that should be the real harsh critics don’t …………….BAD BAD choice x factor, she’s not suitable to be a mentor or a judge!

ariana

Posted at 1:44 PM on December 6, 2012

I believe that Demi was right! i have no freaking idea why the hell do you people hate her?? what has she done to you??
and yeah,emblem3 did not sound good!

Vicky

Posted at 2:27 AM on December 7, 2012

I agree!!!

Angelica

Posted at 11:16 AM on December 6, 2012

Woow! Demi didnt need to say all of that! Soo glad Simon got her straight haha! but Emblem3 wasnt that good, but Demi did noot need to say that..lol

Aria

Posted at 10:02 AM on December 6, 2012

I actually agree with Demi! I love Emblem 3 and all, but that performance reminded too much of the Jonas brothers back then. I still love emblem 3 and the performance was good but not their best.

hii

Posted at 4:39 PM on December 8, 2012

i agree with you. Emblem3 get all simon’s attention but what about Fifth harmony who can sing great individually and as a group! Emblem3 arent even that cute tbh

dumas1000

Posted at 9:26 AM on December 6, 2012

Emblem 3 simply proves the fact that a lot of this borderline hostile resentment towards CeCe is driven by societal sexism. Each individual member of Emblem 3, as a solo singer, is horrible. They have gained an ability to harmonize in order to overcome vocal shortcomings, but you never hear anyone complain about the fact that all three of these guys are not only as bad as CeCe, vocally, but they are actually far worse.

Eli

Posted at 7:08 AM on December 21, 2012

What some people dont get is that this is the XFACTOR not the voice competition . It is based on vocals obviously but also a lot of other factors . I enjoy watching emblem. 3 perform as opposed to Carly , Tate or even 5th harmony as they are basically statues on stage . Emblem 3 have a good knowledge of instruments unlike most of the finalist .comparing them to the Jonas brothers is an insult because the Jonas brothers are a true manufactured boy band who sold out as soon. As they got enough fame . Look up emblem 3s original songs even before the xfactor they have more raw talent people think . Oh and I can almost promise you they will be the most successful out of the whole competition .