The actresses looked like visions of Old Hollywood screen sirens in flowy finger waves–here, step-by-step tips on how to recreate the look at home!
Diane Kruger, 36, and Jessica Chastain, 35, both debuted glamorous retro waves for red carpet events recently. The look is incredibly dramatic for a fancy event. We got tips on how to recreate the look from Clairol Professional Celebrity Colorist and stylist Kiyah Wright.
“This is a great look for holiday parties because it’s classic yet dripping with sex appeal,” said Kiyah, “ Best of all, it’s simple to create at home!”
Here’s how to get the look:
– Apply a golf ball-sized amount of mousse like Clairol Professional Volume Mousse to the lengths of towel-dried hair and use a round brush to blow-dry the hair.
– Once the hair is dry, use a fine-tooth comb to create a deep side part.
– Starting at the nape of the neck and moving towards the top of the head, curl the hair in small sections using a 1-inch curling iron. Once the entire head is curled, spritz with a medium hold hairspray.
– Take a paddle brush and brush through the curls for a more retro feel. Apply a holding product like Clairol Professional Shaping Gel to tame flyaways and define the side part.
– Clip the hair back on one side of the head with a bobby pin.
HollywoodLifers, what do YOU think of the girl’s sexy retro waves? Sound off below!
— Charlotte Nichols
More Celeb Beauty:
- Jessica Biel’s Pretty Bright Coral Nails: Get The Look
- Cold Weather Care For Dry Skin: Expert Tips For Winter Travel
- Christina Aguilera V. Dianna Agron: Whose Hair Took The Crown? Vote