‘The L.A. Complex’ Canceled After 2 Seasons — Confirmed

Mon, December 3, 2012 2:16pm EDT by 179 Comments

The drama, about the darker side of fame in Los Angeles, is not returning for a third season.

Well, here’s some bummer news: The L.A. Complex — the Canadian soap that aired for two seasons on The CW here in the United States — has been canceled, HollywoodLife.com has confirmed.

The second season finale, which turned out to be the series finale, left fans totally hanging about the future of the show’s main characters. HollywoodLife.com spoke with Cassie Steele about her character Abby’s decision to leave Hollywood behind in favor of a life with her new husband in Germany.

At the time, Cassie was “pretty optimistic” about a third season, but unfortunately, we won’t be getting it after all.

The news was original reported by Canada’s Playback.

Are you sad about the series’ cancelation? Drop a comment with your thoughts on the late, great L.A. Complex below.

— Andy Swift

More L.A. Complex on HollywoodLife.com:

1. ‘L.A. Complex’ Finale: Cassie Steele Talks Abby’s Life-Changing Decision
  2. ‘The L.A. Complex’: Cassie Steele Reveals Abby’s ‘Messy’ New Secret
  3. ‘The L.A. Complex’: Six Spoilers To Get You Excited For Season 2

khiry aiken

Posted at 1:34 PM on January 17, 2013

No we need la complex

Beck

Posted at 8:48 AM on January 16, 2013

Very disappointing. One on the best shows on tv. And they replace it with dumb shows like Carrie diaries and Emily Owens.

Pissed

Posted at 7:45 AM on January 15, 2013

Are you kidding me? There’s so many shows that I get into and then bam, cancelled! Very disappointed!

Jay

Posted at 2:03 AM on January 15, 2013

I can’t believe this!!
So much more to know how could they leave us hanging!!

Siarra

Posted at 1:41 AM on January 12, 2013

Damn that sucks!!!!!! I was really looking forward to season 3. Way to leave us hanging! The cast was awesome and I was getting attached to the characters. This is why I don’t bother watching new shows you get attached and they cancel them.

Nick

Posted at 10:11 PM on January 9, 2013

No! I love this show, i was so looking forward to season 3…Please, please someone pick it up so we can see what happens to all the characters on the show. It was starting to get really good…don’t leave us hanging….

Dev

Posted at 3:07 AM on January 9, 2013

I can’t believe this. Why must this happen? The LA complex was definitely one of my favorite shows that I ever watched on television. It’s actually the only show that I have truly raved about to my friends. The cast + characters are phenomenal and each episode leaves me hooked for the next. I was really looking forward for a third season, since the ending of season 2 felt like it was going to make it happen. This is such a bummer and I am extremely disappointed. I wish there was a change of heart and they make the third season possible.

Teresa

Posted at 3:03 PM on January 7, 2013

This is the stuff that ticks me off……you could have at least did the 3rd season and ended it without leaving us hanging waiting to see what was going to happen next…..I’m a loyal CW watcher…..going all the way back to when it was the WB….I record most of the shows that air on this station because they are great and this one was too…..you did the same thing to us with Lipstick Jungle….yet another good show that ended without a proper ending….would love for the executives to give a solid and valid reason…..I know the fan base wasn’t that small on this show…..everyone I know was watching men and women,……geez….what a disappointment…..

Cornelius

Posted at 6:13 PM on January 6, 2013

Gosh!! This is SHOCKING NEWS. I was so looking forward to the 3rd season. I am really sad that this have to happen. No other show/opera can compare. This show was nearly perfect. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. THANK YOU.

ashley

Posted at 10:26 AM on January 5, 2013

I’m pissed that they got rid of this show. it’s hard for me to find a show I love, and this show was one of them. bring.it.back.

kdc

Posted at 10:38 PM on January 3, 2013

I am soooooo disappointed!!!!!! I really got into this show which i haven’t any other in a long time. My heart is trully broken :-(!

Lyn

Posted at 8:15 PM on January 3, 2013

I loved this show!!!!! Stupid CW

Cheyy

Posted at 5:39 AM on January 3, 2013

WHAT?! There is so much that needs to happen!! :’(

Will

Posted at 5:47 PM on December 29, 2012

I loved this show so dissapointed….

KASEEM

Posted at 9:57 PM on December 27, 2012

:-( LIKE Y I LOVE THE SHOW

shabit87

Posted at 10:30 PM on December 26, 2012

Darn it, can we get a web mini series…at least?

motorfingaz

Posted at 12:39 AM on December 21, 2012

BULLSH*T!!!

Hollywood is soooooooooooo out of touch!

stephen stallone

Posted at 6:10 PM on January 15, 2013

agreed What a total joke! for once a great drama and then it gets cancelled, then you get other shows (*trash) that continue to get re-comissoned what a joke!

candy

Posted at 9:54 PM on December 18, 2012

I was so disappointed knowing that the La Complex was canceled. It was a bad blow and left a bad taste in my mouth about the upcoming shows. Why watch and get into them when they are only going to cancel them. I was looking forward to a season 3. I just knew Tariq was coming back stronger as ever, and Kal was going to fight for his love,and trust, but of course lets not forget the love triagle that will occur when Kal go through the motions of realizing he wants Tariq love, and not his rebound. WOW! This would have taken it to another level. So, so , sad!! I hope another Network pick this show up. Its was so refreshing to see something different on tv for a change.

Cindy

Posted at 7:03 AM on December 18, 2012

So dissapointed LA Complex dropped!! All we are left with is multiple reality shows, singing shows, citcoms and cheasy series and of course multiple cops and doctors shows. Please someone pick this smart gritty funny with great cast show up and renew it!!!

Fabe

Posted at 7:26 PM on December 12, 2012

The CW didn’t cancel it. Much Music did. The CW still has the option to pick it up for a 3rd season, which I sincerely hope it does!

Rhonda

Posted at 3:41 PM on December 11, 2012

I can’t believe that the show is cancelled!!! One of the best tv shows I seen in a long time, that has real life situations, and good acting. I am so sick of reality show, it appalling that everything on TV now are reality show. What ever happend to real creativity. To produce a show like LA Complex with excellent creative writing, good talent and great story lines is very invigoratating. I hope the producers are looking for another avenue or network. I truly hope another network pick this tv show up. I am sure others feel the same way.

nicoflight

Posted at 9:24 AM on December 9, 2012

This show really impressed me is my fav ever show. The scrip acting the ideas all brilliant and moving emotional brilliant. Very up to date in themes. I want to get into this long term. I think these actors are some of the best new people I have seen. The Gay story was very real and the whole show hits life from a real point of view. Really makes a change from dolly shows a nice change to see proper talent love and ideas

Rushanda

Posted at 3:48 PM on December 6, 2012

Are you kidding me? I love this show! What a horrible decision to cancel the series. Kind of hard to get excited about shows when this is the outcome. The CW is awful. They did the same thing with the Secret Circle(which was an awesome series btw).

Hartsel

Posted at 8:04 AM on December 5, 2012

The L.A. Complex was the BEST show the CW had. I wish my word carried enough weight to demand five more sessons. Unfortunately, TV execs don’t listen to the public, nor consult them…

Jennifer

Posted at 12:57 AM on December 4, 2012

I’m completely heart-broken and devastated by this announcement. It’s going to take a couple days to really sink in because I was SURE it’ll at least be renewed in Canada. I read that ratings there didn’t really matter because there’s a law that the networks in Canada have to air a certain percentage of Canadian content? Don’t they get really generous subsidies from the government to fund Canadian productions as well?

I sincerely hope the good people at Epitome Pictures will be able to find another Canadian network to pick up this show. It deserves to be on the air!

Jonathan

Posted at 5:26 PM on December 17, 2012

Why can’t CTV pick up this show??? Come on anyone???

Shay

Posted at 1:59 AM on January 10, 2013

I’m so incredibly sad to hear this, there was so much more they could do with these characters, especially kal and Tariq