Sister Wives Vacation With Polygamist Who PDAs With His 3 Hot Wives

Mon, December 3, 2012 12:53pm EST by 20 Comments
Courtesy of ABC, Courtesy of TLC

Kody and his four wives feel a whole lot intimidated when they vacation with hunky Joe Darger, his twin glam sister wives, 23 kids and his family is fine living in just one house, NOT four.

Kody Brown and his four wives just spent a beachy vacation with the Hugh Hefner/Captain Von Trapp of polygamists — Joe Darger.

Joe Darger And His Glamorous Wives

Joe Darger is an “independent polygamist,” whatever that means, versus the sect that Kody and his wives — Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn belong to.

He’s also the husband for 22 years of best friends Alina and Vicki, whom he married on the same day. Plus, 11 years later he married Vicki’s twin sister, Valerie.

All three wives and the 23 kids live in one very unassuming from the outside house, in Utah, and travel in two large white vans, which Joe organizes like an army general. Not only that – he’s put together a “mission statement” for his family!

Meanwhile, the three wives are all dolled up at all times in pretty makeup, with highlighted hair, jewelly and trendy outfits. They all look like ex-cheerleaders, or what the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City might, minus plastic surgery.

In other words, they’re the opposites of Kody’s four wives who dress like what you’d expect harried moms of six kids to look like.

But then, the  slim glammy trio are married to Joe, who appears to somehow take time from sperminating and caring for his brood of 23 to lift weights in his home gym — yes, he has one!

Running A Tight Ship

But it wasn’t just their glamorous looks that had Kody and his wives almost speechless. The Darger family apparently runs like a well-oiled ship.

Unlike the Browns, they aren’t always late and disorganized, AND their vans are perfectly packed with luggage. “The Dargers are more organized than us. We’re always in a state of chaos,” admits Kody’s wife #3, Christine. “We always go into things with good faith. We have a plan — it’s just five different plans.”

But even more — Joe’s three wives don’t seem to squabble. They shockingly…appear to get along to the extent that they — horrors to Kody’s four wives —  all share one kitchen.

“I have two wives who think sharing a kitchen is abusive,” Kody announces, which prompts Meri to break down in tears.

“When Kody says that, I take it personal because I know Janelle (wife #2) thinks I abused her in the beginning and that was never my intention,” admits Meri.

Kody to his credit says each of his wives deserve their own kitchen (if they can’t have their own husband). “They would sacrifice their identity if they shared a kitchen. Their kitchen needs to be their domain. They need to express their own personalities,” he says.

The Dargers Show PDA

But when it comes to PDA, the Dargers and the Browns have the ultimate different paths.

Joe Darger is “allowed” to be publicly affectionate with each of his three wives in front of the others. Kody is not.

“In a lot of plural families, it can be hard to see your husband kiss, hug and hold hands with another wife,” points out wife #1,Alina.

But the Dargers all talked it over and decided that each of the three wives would be OK with it.

“If you feel like giving a hug and your have to wait for your night, that doesn’t make sense,” says Joe’s wife, wife #3 , Vicki.

“The affection (Joe) shows Vicki, wife #3 or Valerie, wife #2, doesn’t take away from me,” Joe’s wife #1 Alina, agreed.

But did that sit well with Kody’s four wives? Not a hope in hell.

“I’d like to be affectionate with all four wives (publicly),” Kody claimed. But Meri immediately put the kibosh on that!

“We have so many other things we have jealously over, why add one more thing,” she insisted. “We can have our affectionate relationship in private.”

So Sister Wives fans — no Brown family PDA with one wife in front of the other three will be forthcoming.

Possible Spinoff?

Now, what I’d like to see is a spinoff featuring the glamorous Darger “polygs.” I want to know — how they afford their expensive lifestyle with 23 kids? Do any of Joe’s three wives work? How do their kids manage? How many want to grow up and be polygamists, too?

Come on TLC — the Dargers look as fascinating as the Browns. Don’t you want to know more about them too, HollywoodLifers? Let me know.

– Bonnie Fuller

More Sister Wives

1. Sister Wives Go On Attack & Meri Cries Over Janelle’s Cruelty
  2. ‘Sister Wives Tell-All’: Robyn Is OK If Kody Brown Takes A Fifth Wife
  3. Sister Wives Preview: Kody Brown – I Did Not Choose Religion To Be A Womanizer

Kimberlee

Posted at 4:54 AM on September 29, 2013

Millions of polygamists in Africa manage with one kitchen. Each wife may have a little bungalow for herself and her kids to stay in, if there isn’t a shared house; but kitchens are expensive and I sure can’t see there being more than one in a typical African polygamist home. Also, it seems very hypocritical to me to say you want to be polygamists and share a husband, but you don;t want to see him being affectionate with his other wives. That tells me there is something not quite “right” in the relationship. I don’t believe in polygamy myself, but if you are going to embrace it, you ought to embrace it, not half-way.

gossip26

Posted at 8:49 AM on September 3, 2014

I totally agree. This is a very dysfunctional polygamist marriage. If the sister wives cannot accept Kody being affectionate openly then in their hearts they have not really accepted each other. They want to pretend like nothing is going on and the children are all immaculate conceptions!! So they are living in denial just to be able to deal with the emotions. The Dargar family have figured it out and very nicely too – I am not into plural marriages – but I do not judge others that chose this lifestyle, that is their business. However I think Joe Dargar has thought out the whole process of a plural marriage much better than Kody has. Joe’s wives were very natural and comfortable with each other and he chose wisely so that all the women were known to each other and also had a part in the Mission Statement that would afford all three of his wives to live well together. Kody chose whomever he felt like and they have all been miserable from day one. Meri is disgusting for being abusive to Janelle. I think Meri could be a very nasty piece of work and all because she is the LEGAL wife. I wish Janelle would leave and take her kids with her, make Kody pay child support for the six children he wanted from her. She is the only smart one of the group and her weight is all due to unhappiness – you watch that weight fall off when she is on her own!!

asklikay (@ashlikay)

Posted at 2:26 AM on June 6, 2013

i prefer the Darger’s by far, they seem more comfortable with each other.

Lea

Posted at 12:47 PM on December 20, 2012

I’d rather watch the Darger’s

Rae Payne

Posted at 12:23 AM on December 5, 2012

I respect them and admire them for sharing their lifestyle with the world, and giving us insight. People try to stereotype all polygamists into the Warren Jeffs child-bride, cult type. These are not those type of people. The Darger’s and the Brown’s are good people that do support themselves through hard work, and raise great kids that contribute positively to the whole community. Not just their polygamous communities. They have a different foundation of faith that involves plural marriage, and they go about it in a way that does not involve children, or abuse, or brain-washing. I pray that they are able to live the way they are living, without discrimination or legal ramifications. There are real crimes happening in this world, and the Darger’s and Brown’s form of polygamy is not one of them.

debmcdenis

Posted at 8:23 PM on December 4, 2012

Robyn’s thyroid looks swollen!! She just had a baby, this can happen right after..me thinks it is time to get that checked..

Luv83864

Posted at 6:08 PM on December 4, 2012

I personally would not to ever want to have wait to show affection but I also think these sister wives have a lot of resentment and jealousy toward each other. The Dargers seem to have accepted that if they want public affection then the others will receive some too. Do they count the kisses I sincerely doubt it, after all its one man having multiple women. When Robyn came into the picture it appeared thats where a lot of Kodys time, attention and affection went. I have always thought of him to be more physically affectionate to her. I also feel if the wives are jealous of something the answer lies within themselves although Kody could possibly do more things more equally. Marriage has had it’s ups and downs, so they all won’t be on the same place with Kody to be experiencing the same things and that goes with each other as well. Ps. I don’t feel sorry for any of them and how hard it must be, this is something they experienced and not only chose to include it in their lives but their children’s, kody stop saying you have 4 wives like its a punishment. It’s a choice and I’d be thankful for each and everyone of them for their sacrifice. It’s not for me, I love my husband and wouldn’t want him in another bed, at another dinner table or anything like that.

Seh

Posted at 10:36 AM on December 4, 2012

My husband and I work our tails off and could no more afford 4 homes, having trouble owning 1..and have 2 children and 1 car. How do these people afford all this, and be so unhappy all the time?

Luv83864

Posted at 5:46 PM on December 4, 2012

Isn’t it called welfare since neither of them are legally married? That means they are single moms in single households. Seems kind of unfair to me. Now the Dargers life seems to make more sense why they live in th same house, they choose to not only marry but marry the other women. They chose to really share their husband and responsibilities not just share one man which to me seems more of the Browns world. I have to say if they are recieving any welfare at all I do not think its fair one bit. Choose to be responsible for want you create and manifest. You want to have 4 houses, drive 4 separate cars that’s 4x the cost while from my understandings Jennelle has always worked and brought in a lot of income. Some of them have never worked. I’d like to learn more on the Dargers.oh and then there is money TLC pays them which I’m sure is good money.

QueenB

Posted at 3:37 PM on December 25, 2012

I personally think the whole reason they brought Janelle into their mess is that she had a good paying job at one time. Then added Christine to have a slew of kids and now Robyn. What about Robyn’s ex-husband? Is he now off the hook for alimony and child support?

Kay

Posted at 9:14 PM on August 14, 2013

The wives and children look like rag muffins. Sadly, they do dress badly.

Elizabeth A

Posted at 2:10 AM on December 4, 2012

I found the differences in the two families fascinating. Speaks highly of them that they appreciate each other and enjoy their company.

Speedy

Posted at 5:35 PM on December 3, 2012

blah blah, whatever that is in the script…….

Trippplem

Posted at 4:58 PM on December 3, 2012

I watch Sister Wives for the same reason I watch NASCAR. For the crashes. The show continues to fascinate me, but that fascination will end the minute their true financial shenanigans are revealed.

Catherine Dove (@notthistwilight)

Posted at 4:37 PM on December 3, 2012

I’m weird – I’m a middle-aged woman, and I’m pretty sure a multiple relationship like this COULD work; but NOT like “Sister Wives”. They seem to be submissive and under his authority – that wouldn’t work and it’s no wonder they’re all jealous of each other.
The other guy’s wives seem to be really good friends with each other AND have a relationship with each other ASIDE from “the one” they have with their husband. PLUS, they obviously have ALOT more money, which would help, ha!
Off Topic: Coming out as a BOOK next year!! Stephenie Meyer and her Army of Desperate Housewives: The Twilight Saga Exposed! PETITION thru Dec – help us make a noise, World!! Search “research twilight breaking dawn” for blogspot called: explaintwilightbreakingdawnending.

ProudFeminineWomanTheWayGodIntended

Posted at 1:08 PM on December 4, 2012

What does everyone have against naturally submissive women like me. We all don’t want to be the man and woman. God did not make us that way. Quit putting women like me down,just cause your not 1 of us.

Shelly

Posted at 2:11 PM on December 3, 2012

I have stopped looking at a lot of reality shows and Sister Wives is one of them so no way in hell would I be interested in the Darger family.

Shelly

Posted at 2:10 PM on December 3, 2012

I have stopped looking at a lot of reality shows and Sister Wives is one of them so no way in hell would I be interested in the Dargers

another Meri

Posted at 2:07 PM on December 3, 2012

Although, this is not my belief, the Dargers seems happier than the browns. They openly show affection, and don’t have to wait for their day. Whatever! And all those large, and may I say expensive houses they are getting ready to build. Just last week, Robyn was in dire straights financially, now the big houses begin, along with vacations. Just don’t get it.

gossip26