90210 Recap: Liam & Annie’s Pasts Come Back To Haunt Them

Mon, December 3, 2012 9:48pm EDT by 11 Comments
90210 Season 5 Episode 8
Courtesy of The CW

Old enemies, and even older enemies, returned for the show’s 100th episode.

Let’s be real: 90210 has never been a master of continuity. Storylines get dropped, characters disappear completely, and no one seems to bat an eye. But the sudser’s 100th episode did a solid job of righting some of its past wrongs, delivering a gift to fans who have stuck with it through the good, the bad, and the Jasper — who, coincidentally, returned for the milestone episode. As did Cousin Emily. But I already told you that would happen. Wink!

Jasper, who we haven’t seen since he lit Liam’s (Matt Lanter) boat on fire in season two, approached the Corporate Invaders star with a copy of his probably-terrible new script — but Liam was a little busy dodging a mysterious phone stalker, who knew he sort of “killed” Vanessa (Arielle Kebbel). But wait, Vanessa is alive — which might have taken us by surprise had Arielle’s name not flashed across the screen along with the other guest stars at the beginning of the episode. Like you really thought she was dead.

As for Annie (Shenae Grimes), she had a pretty wacky West Bev reunion. After bonding with Liam over his deep-dark secret and listening to Emily brag about her amazing new life — which I’m sure she single-white-female’d from some poor girl in Kansas — Annie discovered a love for blogging. And in typical simple-minded Annie fashion, she started a blog literally called “My Blog.” I love that girl to death and I always will.

But no one had a more epic reunion than Naomi (AnnaLegend McCord). When she wasn’t busy impressing an alumna named Gwen — played by the goddess formerly known as Denise Richards — she was causing Max (Josh Zuckerman) to get fired from his own company. At this point, I feel like Max would have been better off marrying Alec; and judging by the promo for next week’s episode, that statement isn’t even that crazy.

This week’s episode also put what I hope to be the final nail in the coffin that is Dixon (Tristan Wilds) and Adrianna’s (Jessica Lowndes) relationship. With the help of his handy-dandy Microsoft Surface tablet, which I have a sudden urge to purchase, Dixon witnessed Ade’s little hookup with Taylor. And when Dixon confronted her about it, she accidentally confessed to also sleeping with him in Vegas — because if you’re going to be slutty, you might as well also be a dumb-dumb. This girl, I just can’t.

Other highlights of the episode included Teddy (Trevor Donovan) and Shane (Ryan Rottman) being a super-hot couple, and Silver (Jessica Stroup) doing a sexy little burlesque dance with Carmen Electra. I also enjoyed the concept of everyone throwing food at a nude Naomi for all the times she’s wrong us in the past — and now I have pizza all over my screen. I really do get too involved in this show.

What did you think of the 100th episode? Did you enjoy the call-backs to seasons past? Were you surprised to learn that Vanessa is alive? And, seriously, how can I read ‘My Blog’ by Annie Wilson? I need it now.

— Andy Swift

More 90210 news:

1. 90210 Recap: Colin Is Exposed — Along With Liam’s Sex Tape
  2. 90210 Scoop: Rob Mayes Previews Colin’s Big Reveal
  3. 90210 Scoop: Liam & Annie Finally Reunite Over A Dark Secret

Linda

Posted at 6:43 AM on December 18, 2012

LIAM AND ANNIE ARE AN AMAIZING COUPLE I LOVE THEM.I WISH THE WERE IN REALATIONSHIP IN REAL LIFE.

OH AM SO exciting

Posted at 1:05 PM on December 17, 2012

I LOVE LIAM ANNE SO MUCH &THEY ARE TO ALIKE

Sarah

Posted at 8:43 PM on December 5, 2012

I love Addixon but they really got screwed up. You think if they if they spend time apart in terms of a relationship there’s a possibility for a reconciliation?

Nancy

Posted at 6:01 AM on December 4, 2012

Lannie was adorable and I loved Jasper for the first time. Was nice to see him. :)

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:41 AM on December 4, 2012

It WAS nice to see him, wasn’t it? ;)

Santana619

Posted at 1:39 AM on December 4, 2012

Did Dixon just turn evil? and was Vanessa a dream or real?

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:41 AM on December 4, 2012

Vanessa was very much real, unfortunately.

Ray

Posted at 1:11 AM on December 4, 2012

This episode was a little jumpy…but it was a decent episode. Season 5 has got me hooked, even though I never really stopped, but anyway it was a good episode. I really enjoyed the Lannie scenes, and jasper :). Emily seemed insignificant, and a little to peppy.
Knew it. There is no way in hell that Vanessa died, c’mon it’s 90210. And next week we’ll learn how she survived, haha.
I want to read Annie’s blog too! Lol, that its called ‘my blog’. I thought it was witty that Annie is now doing something that emily does…writes a blog…now whose the life stealer. Just kidding.
Poor Naomi, gets the blame for the company, again :/

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:42 AM on December 4, 2012

Vanessa HAS to be working with Liam’s new “bodyguard,” right? This is 90210 here.

Ray

Posted at 9:37 PM on December 4, 2012

^ I want to say yes because she’s equally a nut. But, I’m oddly suspicious of the spoiler that says “Annie teams up with [spoiler]” and that we Lannie fans are NOT going to like it. The one person I would not want Annie to team up with is…Vanessa. This is purely speculation, and I may be over-thinking matters, but Vanessa could be the ‘spoiler’ person. So I’m suspecting that miss tattoo bodyguard is the ‘stabber’ in next weeks episode.

James

Posted at 11:41 PM on December 3, 2012

One of the best episodes ever of 9O21O! WOOHOO!