‘Vampire Diaries’ Video: Damon Denies Sire-Bonding Elena

Fri, November 30, 2012 4:45pm EDT by 60 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Episode 8 Damon Stefan Video
Courtesy of The CW

AlmostDelena

Posted at 4:51 AM on December 2, 2012

Pathetic. So pathetic. This is beyond shipping. You know what they’re trying to do? They’re trying to string along both delena and stelena fans by constantly putting obstacles in delena. Delena has the bigger fan base and delena fans aren’t scared off easily (I mean, three seasons of almosts). I wish they would pick a relationship and stick with it just for a little while before doing something like this.

Morgan

Posted at 2:39 AM on December 2, 2012

If she is sired to him I don’t think it induced her feelings for Damon. He didn’t command her to fall in love with him. And some of the stuff he’s said to her after she changed, she didn’t go along with it. I think she just agreed to some of the stuff in this last episode because she was fawning over Damon like a love crazed girl. And even with the animal blood, did she and stefan try that before damon said anything and she couldn’t keep it down or am I mistaken? Idk but I am tired of them always crushing delena!!! I love them delena before stelena!!!

T

Posted at 7:07 PM on December 1, 2012

Delena fans don’t forget about the facts Elena isn’t sired or at least she shouldn’t be bc she didn’t always obey damon. For ex. When they were at the college and damon told elena to feed on the blonde girl and she didn’t!!! And also with the animal blood he said she shouldn’t do it and she still tried!!!! And siring is about loyalty not love, like with Tyler he hated being sired to Klaus but had to stay loyal to him. Also siring doesn’t change your feelings about the person your just loyal to them and damon never told elena to break up with Stefan or say any of the things she did say, it’s just and emotional feeling that is clouding Caroline’s and Stefan’s judgement in things and they can’t stand to see them together so they’ll try any way to get them separated! So hopefully Delena fans like myself can win this one!

YOSY

Posted at 4:07 PM on December 1, 2012

THAT SIRE BOND IS STUPID! I’ve been waiting 3 seasons for delena and you have to ruin it :( that sire-bond must not be true :@

Rez

Posted at 2:44 PM on December 1, 2012

Demon is having sex with his brother’s ex-girlfried after 1 day of their break-up, how is Stefan supposed to feel? I mean I would understand if they let them for a while and then she could consider Demon, but no, she goes from day 1 of her break up in bad with the other brother. I am sick and tired of this show

TP

Posted at 1:15 AM on December 2, 2012

I agree!! It was pretty low down for them to make them sleep together right after Stefan and Elena broke up. This show is getting disgusting!!

Vanesa

Posted at 7:34 AM on December 2, 2012

She waited 3 yrs to get in bad with Damon…everyone was expecting it…sorry to dissapoint

stelena fan

Posted at 10:15 AM on December 1, 2012

omggg !!! pleaseeee be true! i need stelena back in my life!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope damon falls of a cliff and gets bitten by wolfs and diesssssss..

Nefeli Protogeraki

Posted at 9:18 AM on December 1, 2012

Damon told Elena to feed from him, see did and then rejected his blood so no I don’t think Elena is sired to Damon so she still shouldn’t be able to drink from the bloodbag…..One the other hand the story would become much more coplex if she was sired to Damon sooo i don’t know…

TP

Posted at 1:19 AM on December 2, 2012

She rejected all blood except from the vein b/c that’s what Damon told her she needed. I believe she is sired to Damon, it’s the only thing that makes sense. I also think there’s more to it too. If she wasn’t sired then her feelings/love for Stefan would be stronger too. She does not love Damon more than Stefan, if she did she would picked him at end of S3.

Vanesa

Posted at 7:37 AM on December 2, 2012

Even with the ”sire” thing I still belive that their love syory is going to develop and feelings will grow…

Katerina

Posted at 8:52 AM on December 1, 2012

DELENA is true love! Let them be happy!

TP

Posted at 1:21 AM on December 2, 2012

Stelena is true love not Delena!!

Sophie

Posted at 5:46 AM on December 1, 2012

Stelena all the way! I don’t understand this Damon fascination – he’s a douche.

Tyler

Posted at 3:57 AM on December 1, 2012

It would actually help if you guys included this “so called” clip -___-

Tyler

Posted at 3:56 AM on December 1, 2012

Is this fake? Because that has to be the crappiest script ever, and the scripts for VAMPIRE DIARIES ARE GOOD!

Matron

Posted at 3:41 AM on December 1, 2012

I’m afraid from everything I’ve read that the sire bond thing is probably real and it will cause some issues between Damon and Elena. But what I wonder is why is she sired to him? In the case of Klaus and his hybrids, it’s because the hybrids are grateful to Klaus that he released them from having to turn on the full moon every month. And the way to unsire is to learn to turn yourself without feeling the pain anymore. So I am wondering, what has Damon done that Elena could be so grateful for that she is sired to him?

One of the possibilities that I already mentioned on another board is that he was always her saviour before she turned. But having thought about that again, I think the sire thing needs to have something to do with being grateful “as a vampire”. So I actually have a new theory which is that Elena is sired to him because of all her friends and family and people she loves, he is the only one who truly doesn’t care that she is a vampire. He just accepts it as fact and while he would have saved her and kept her human if he had been the one at the bridge (because that’s what she would have wanted), he really does love her either way and it doesn’t make one iota of difference to his feelings for her. Everyone else, Stefan, Bonnie, Jeremy, Caroline, Matt are very clear that they don’t think that Elena should be a vampire and are doing their utmost to change her back. Bonnie to the extent that she upset the spirits, Stefan to the extent that he does something so uncharacteristic as turning Jeremy into a crazy hunter, Caroline by not batting an eyelid while sacrificing one of the hybrids her beloved has just helped to unsire. Jremey by telling her that he needs his sister, “not another one of them”. Matt because he wants to stop feeling guilty that she died and became a vampire to save his life. Maybe Elena is sired to Damon because in the face of all this non-acceptance by her friends of who she now is, he accepts her – not because he prefers her as a vampire, but because he really doesn’t care.

That would mean that the way for Elena to become unsired would be either for her friends to accept her as she is or for her to accept herself. A small part of me hopes that her saying to Stefan in the last episode, “This is who I am now, let that other girl go” might have been that acceptance. Meaning that even if she was sired to Damon for the last few episodes, that would actually have stopped before she slept with him. But that’s probably too much to hope for. And actually, I’m with those who think that her love for him and the sire bond are not related. That’s just something that Stefan clings too. Overall, I think the sire bond will be more of a problem for Damon than for Elena because it will feed into his insecurities (as will Stefan actually telling him in the face what he has always been thinking himself, namely that he is not good enough for Elena). It may fall to Elena for a change to convince him that he does in fact deserve her love. Which would actually be quite fun for Delena fans to watch. Here’s hoping.

jadyn

Posted at 12:50 AM on December 1, 2012

Damon’s right! This sire-bond thing is really the most pathetic nonsense there is. .I think Stefan’s just jealous because Elena chose Damon this time. .why can’t he just be silent just like Damon had been for a very long time. . Can’t Elena be in love with Damon just because she does??!

TP

Posted at 1:27 AM on December 2, 2012

He’s not going to be silent b/c he loves her and knows this is not who she really is. The sire bond is the only thing that makes sense b/c when she turned she changed so much. Caroline didn’t change much but Elena’s whole personality changed. I believe Elena is still in love w/ Stefan. I’m not saying she doesn’t love Damon but he is not the best person for her. I think in the next episode we will see why.

olivia

Posted at 12:44 AM on December 1, 2012

IT IS HALF SIRE BOND AND HER FEELINGS FOR DAMON BEING MORE INTESNE AND REAL! THERE LOVE SCENE WAS HOT!

Lauren

Posted at 10:46 PM on November 30, 2012

The writers are trying to make us love Stelena like we did in season 1 but, that is never going to happen we love Damon he’s amazing and Delena is a great couple. I just want Stefan out of the way and to see the love story of Delena. I think all Delena fans deserved it.

X

Posted at 9:28 PM on November 30, 2012

I just feel like punching Stefan in his face! This clip shows how insensitive he is to Damon. What a douche! He doesn’t deserve Damon. And Damon doesn’t deserve this. For god’s sake please don’t let this be true!! It cheapens everything!!!

TP

Posted at 1:30 AM on December 2, 2012

Damon is a douche for sleeping w/ his ex-girlfriend one day after they broke up. If he loved Stefan, he would have never done that. He should have waited and not taken advantage of the situation.

anonymous

Posted at 9:15 PM on November 30, 2012

I feel like it cheapens the show, and the relationship that had been building. I was looking forward, admittedly fangirlling on their interactions but when they get it on and its revealed there is a sire bond, it weakens the moment bah!

Elizabeth Bennet

Posted at 7:49 PM on November 30, 2012

Again I think it’s a lame plotline but then I’m just one in millions. To be honest though, now they introduced it to the public it better be real!

My guess is that she will be able to drink the blood from the bag just fine and Damon will now have to second guess every little thing he says to her and even what he doesn’t say. Cause life was just peachy for Damon until now as he was always the first choice of everyone and he does not have enough on his plate… what with the righteous brother, the judgy little witches, the creepy professor, the alternative hunter finding etc. Why not pile up more crap on his plate. Nevermind the horror that I believe both Elena & Damon will feel at seeing the sire bond crap proved!!!

Frankly, he should just say: “Here Elena, take my heart, thing only caused me pain anyway. Stab the darn thing, shred it to pieces! Yes, there you go, stomp on it! That’s the spirit!!!” Aaaand she will do it (or at least try)! why?! yes, you’ve guessed it… Cause she is sired to him!!!

Then if there’s still life in that body of his, he should get in his car and drive away from Mystic Falls.

Sorry for the rant. Yes it does not relate to the article but had to get it off my chest and this seemed to be a good as place as any. Apologies

Suzie

Posted at 8:11 PM on November 30, 2012

You said it girl! I feel like ranting as well…arggg…but I’ll just say this; if this crap sired thing is proven, it just confirms that no matter WHAT Elena will always be with Stefan…zzzzzz…the writers will NEVER be any other way, even after she slept with Damon! At least we will always have that night and Stefan will ALWAYS have to wonder if the bond was what really made Elena be with Damon or if it was much more than that…that makes me happy… ;)

Amberyl

Posted at 1:52 AM on December 1, 2012

Amen to that! We will always have that night. As will Elena, damon and Stefan!

Even if she is sire-bonded (which I am like 99% certian is the case), and even if it ended up that it was the cause of her feelings… after that hot vampire sex, once that sire bond is broken you know she’s going to always remember…

X

Posted at 9:20 PM on November 30, 2012

What you said was amazing. Thank you for writing what I was thinking. These writers are just continually after Damon, he can’t get one moment of happiness, not one break!!! Its infuriating. This sire bond better not be real, its idiotic.

Denise

Posted at 12:03 AM on December 1, 2012

I hope he does drive away from Mystic Falls… to go and become Christian Grey.

silvie

Posted at 7:37 PM on November 30, 2012

Just look at damon’s face when he notices it may be possible there is a sirebond. Just the pain in his face should make all to know how he really love elena, and how it hurts to him have to try it, because if he does and elena just can drink from a bloobag then it will be true and damon will be sad, and alone, and asdfghjkl just hurting him. I think thats the game. why? he really thought(as in the first season when he kissed elena but then it was katherine) he relly thought she loved him, and so does now, but if he has to realice it isnt true, I mean there is a sirebond, he will be just destroyed. I hate that point.
just hope it isnt a siserbone, or if it is, it dont magnifies love and others, because she really love him when she was human, but i think there must be the sirebond, becouse if not, i will be just so easy to us, delena fans.
xo

TP

Posted at 1:36 AM on December 2, 2012

I don’t feel sorry for him. It serves him right, all he ever does is go after the girls that his brother loves. I don’t know why Damon thought Elena loved him in S1. I think Damon has some mental issues, he takes someone being friendly and caring as love.

Suzie

Posted at 2:18 AM on December 2, 2012

Friendly? Rotflmfao…you are so blind is not even funny…so…according to you, the rub down they had at the motel was Elena showing how much she wanted to be his “friend”…wahahaha…it doesn’t matter if she is sired or not because she had feelings for Damon before she turned…that said, not only Stefan will have to eat if they get together again, but that will become the elephant in the room…Elena had a crazy hook up with Damon and that can’t be undone…she won’t be able to forget how she climbed Damon like a tree and the hot sex they had, and neither will Damon…lmao…that is good enough for me…;)

buti4

Posted at 7:20 PM on November 30, 2012

look guys. we shouldn’t get too worked up on this sire-bond thing. its just what caroline and stefan speculated. elena is not necessarily sire-bonded. its just a test to see how REAL elena’s feelings for damon are, and when its proved that its true love, that would push them even closer. and prove it for stefan and caroline so they can stop trying to break delena up. i see it as a good thing. this dilemma about sire-bond will be proven wrong, and then cements delena’s relationships.

Jen

Posted at 6:35 PM on November 30, 2012

What about Caroline? she hates Damon and he turned her, where is the sire bond?

Bree Cammy

Posted at 6:01 PM on November 30, 2012

This show is just disgusting slutty and cheap now.

KD

Posted at 9:25 PM on November 30, 2012

Agreed. Yes you Stelena fans holding onto Season 1 for dear life. Good luck on selling that DVD box set when the show finishes. Stelena will be forgotten one day after the series ends. DE are it.

ruby

Posted at 5:43 PM on November 30, 2012

You ‘Stelena’ fans…

Amberyl

Posted at 5:21 PM on November 30, 2012

I think Damon and Elena will be together. I don’t think it makes a whole lot of sense that she should be sired to him. But I am sure that will turn out to be the case. the show seems to stay true to foreshadowing and usually doesn’t mislead to this great of an extent.

But it doesn’t matter! That wouldn’t make her fall in love with him. And it started happening long before she ever became a vampire. I look forward to the day they break the sire bond so everyone can see how much she still cares for Damon.

PS-Let’s not all forget Katherine’s words of foreshadow, when Stefan said he hated her. “That sounds like the beginning of a love story to me, not the end!”

Monica Anders

Posted at 4:54 PM on November 30, 2012

Andy, everything about this storyline makes me feel sick to my stomach. I’m trying to hold out to wait and see what they have planned. But overall, it just makes me feel gross. I want to be able to enjoy Damon and Elena for a little bit before they destroy them (inevitable), is that too much to ask?

me

Posted at 5:04 PM on November 30, 2012

Well said.

I have said it many times..they destroyed DELENA on purpose a long time ago;this last episode is another example.They want above all STEFAN AND ELENA and will be like this forever, but well at the same time they have to continue this non «triangle» that above all damage DELENA because makes them less and less believable. I already know the end of this show Stelena together or the brothers. Its pretty obvious. I make peace with the fact that DELENA wont happen (at the end of the season elena and stefan together again)

Nini

Posted at 5:16 PM on November 30, 2012

Apparently that’s too much to ask for because they’ve made plans to destroy them before it got off the ground just like they’ve done time and again. The only difference this time is that they made it to intimacy.

X

Posted at 9:25 PM on November 30, 2012

I’m right there with you! I was so upset watching the episode and having Caroline and Stefan intermixed with their stupid theory, it was wrong and dirty. They should have treated that scene with respect to the fans and not that creepy ending music. I am livid over this! So thanks Julie Plec for ruining a 3 1/2 year build up. Well done. Way to get your Stelena ending afterall. Stop writing as if this was your personal fan fiction and give us Delena the RIGHT WAY!

STELENA4LIFE

Posted at 2:16 AM on December 2, 2012

Elena and Stephen are suppose to be together. Damon couldnt care less about her in the first 5 episodes but stepfen fell in love with her before he even met her. Damon has done dirty thngs to elena like breaking her brothers neck in season 2 plus so many other mean things.. Stepfen has only done good things for elena with good intentions. If the show writes that elena is now in love with damon over stepfen I WILL NOT watch it anymore because they shouldnt swap love like that when it was so real with elena and stepfen