‘Glee': Kurt Needs To Forgive Blaine For Cheating

Fri, November 30, 2012 4:37pm EDT by 23 Comments
Kurt Blaine Back Together
Courtesy of FOX

Kurt’s world was shattered when he found out that Blaine cheated on him, but I think it’s time for Klaine to reunite! Find out why.

Kurt (Chris Colfer) made the first step towards a reconciliation with Blaine (Darren Criss) by calling his former lover on the Nov. 29 episode of Glee. It’s a start, but Kurt needs to go all the way by fully forgiving Blaine.

During a one-on-one session at Vogue, Kurt’s boss Isabelle (Sarah Jessica Parker) asks him about his situation with Blaine (Blaine cheated on Kurt). Kurt says he’s not interested in listening to Blaine, but she says that until Kurt can forgive him, it’ll be hard for him to move on himself. (Let’s hope he doesn’t move on, but he does need to forgive Blaine!)

Thankfully (no pun intended), after a lively rendition of the Scissor Sisters’ “Let’s Have A Kiki,” Kurt finds some privacy on the fire escape and calls Blaine!

During the emotional phone call, Kurt says, “Look, you’ve said you’re sorry a million times. And I believe you. I’m trying to forgive you, but I’m just not there yet. But it’s Thanksgiving and it’s Sectionals and I miss you like crazy. I can’t stand not talking to you, even though I’m mad at you because you’re still my best friend. At Christmas, we need to have a mature heart to heart.”

While the phone call was short, yet full of hope for a Klaine reunion, Blaine ended the phone call saying, “Kurt, I love you so much.” Kurt matched his sentiments and said, “I love you too.”

This is great news, Gleeks! We’re on the right path for a Kurt and Blaine reunion! Here are 5 reasons why I think they should reunite for good:

1. Kurt and Blaine have similar interests. They’re both into choir and they both have huge aspirations to become successful theater stars!

2. Kurt and Blaine have been through so much together. They’ve competed in Sectionals together, Nationals, share the same friends, and experienced the same heartaches (R.I.P. Jean Sylvester).

3. Blaine will do anything for Kurt. The one-time Warbler transferred schools to be with his man — thats dedication!

4. Blaine is so sexy. Kurt would be foolish to let him go! (Looks aren’t everything, but it’s Darren Criss for crying out loud.)

5. True love is unconditional. Blaine at least deserves a second chance. He seems really sorry and misses Kurt tremendously.

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Should Kurt forgive Blaine and take him back?

— Chris Rogers

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Kurt & Blaine News:

1. ‘Glee’ Scoop: Chris Colfer Spills On Kurt & Blaine’s Christmas Reunion
  2. ‘Glee’ Video: Blaine’s ‘Teenage Dream’ With Kurt May Be Ending
  3. ‘Glee’ Recap: Blaine Accuses Kurt Of Cheating

Katy Perry

Posted at 6:10 PM on April 17, 2014

Give me an answer, people! I need them together!

Liesje

Posted at 1:26 PM on May 16, 2013

That was a great article, and no offense, but your list of why they should get back together again just blew it.

Renee

Posted at 1:54 AM on January 29, 2013

For me, personally, I don’t want them back together. I think that in the show it would be great if they just became great BFFs. They have so much in common that it gets boring, and really sometimes big differences can be exactly what they need.

I suppose it doesn’t help that I’m a Kurtofsky fangirl. I can only support Klaine in fanfiction. Because so many people write good stories o-o which make me just jelly.

But I digress, Klaine just doesn’t do it for me. I think Kurt fell for Blaine because he was the only out of closet gay around. So going to New York is a big opportunity for Kurt to find out what he really wants in a guy. Which means having more ups and downs.

Not to mention when Kurt had his text-cheat fest, Blaine finding out, and that finally getting the two to communicate…yeah. First sign that something was wrong. And if Blaine had the gall to encourage Kurt to go to New York and then cheat on him because he was lonely…nu-uh. That just doesn’t work out.

They’ll always love each other, because they were the “firsties” but I think they can love each other more as friends.

Dianna

Posted at 4:44 AM on January 11, 2013

This article is pretty shallow. Reason 4. ”Blaine is so sexy.” Really? I love Darren a lot but Blaine is an awful character.

Kurt is handling the break up amazingly. He was almost depressed. Then Kurt waits a few weeks and tells Blaine he’s still his best friend and loves him. Because that’s what Kurt does, he forgives everyone. He doesn’t care that Rachel has been an awful friend at him at times. He has forgiven Finn, Santana and Puck for bullying him. Kurt is even a friend of Karofsky, the guy who threatened to kill him.

Blaine shamed Kurt infront of his friends because he was texting a guy, when he was himself dancing/skyping/texting/calling/speaking with Sebastian. He sends Kurt to NYC, cheats on him and blames Kurt for his own cheating. Of course Kurt shouldn’t take him back. Most people don’t even talk to the person who has done something so awful to them. Blaine has a lot of growing up to do.

Lil'me

Posted at 10:56 AM on January 8, 2013

Really, people need to understand that Kurt does not need Blaine, Blaine needs Kurt. I think that with this new love interest for Kurt would be a great wake up call for Blaine. Blaine needs to understand that you can’t hurt others for misunderstandings. First was with Chandler, now with the cheating incident. Over time i started to dislike Blaine because he was a oblivious jerk who put Kurt through with so much more pain than he needed. Blaine needs to give Kurt some space. Also, I DO NO THINK DARREN CRISS IS SEXY. :-(P

Madonna

Posted at 8:32 AM on December 24, 2012

Blaine is a terrible boyfriend, of course they shouldn’t get back together.

Susan Treat Herrington

Posted at 3:56 AM on December 28, 2012

although blaine cheated him and kurt have a connection. you may not understand why but kurt and blaine love each other.

Mrs. Hudson

Posted at 12:54 AM on January 20, 2013

So? That means that its perfectly alright for Blaine to cheat on him? You obviously have no concept of what it feels like to be cheated on.

Jade

Posted at 6:18 AM on December 22, 2012

Blaine and Kurt shouldn’t have broken up in the first place but they need to get bacm together!! Klaine <3

keyra G

Posted at 12:09 AM on February 19, 2013

i totally agree! everyone else up there with all the negative comments are just crazy

Meg

Posted at 11:54 AM on December 9, 2012

I understand that everyone was getting a little bored of the couple but I wish they hadn’t made Blaine cheat. It seems every time a couple starts to get dull the show immediately decides to throw someone else into for interest. As a watcher, I am genuinely upset.

Yes! Second chances! Also this is probably going to sound silly but I don’t see much point in the show if they don’t get back together. Glee’s starting to make me feel depressed. It’s just not a comedy anymore.

rexross

Posted at 9:57 PM on December 2, 2012

NOT ONLY KURT SHOULD FORGIVE BLAINE FOR CHEATING, BUT HAVE BLAINE MAKE KURT A PROMISE, THAT IF THEY DO GET BACK TOGETHER, NO MORE CHEATING, EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE EVEN BLAINE. if blaine was my boyfriend i know i would give him a second chance, and have him make a promise, no more cheating.

Sarah

Posted at 4:15 PM on December 2, 2012

It seems like of all of the couples that broke up this season, Kurt and Blaine have the most possibility of reuniting. Blaine did something horrible, but it’s a good sign that Kurt is starting to forgive him for this fault. A coworker at DISH doesn’t think that this means they will be getting back together any time soon. But it is a start, so I hope that they are able to rebuild their relationship when they see each other at Christmas. I am so glad that I don’t have to worry about missing any of their interaction with my DISH Hopper. Its PrimeTime Anytime function automatically records the four major networks simultaneously during primetime. It then stores the episodes for eight days after they air, giving me plenty of time to catch up. The phone call between Kurt and Blaine was heartbreaking to watch, but it was also refreshingly mature of them. Now that they have finally talked things over, they have more room to heal.

Dita

Posted at 9:11 AM on December 2, 2012

I think your reasons number 1 and 4 are a bit shallow.

StrainAsylum

Posted at 11:53 AM on December 1, 2012

I’ll go along with much of what Stormy said, but we ARE talking youngsters, learning life in the Big World. I DO think Kurt/Blaine should at least reconcile to the point of being friends. They had a solid friendship, based on mutual interests, from the beginning.

Yes, Kurt was distancing himself (unintentionally) by being so engaged at work, but we ARE talking the Big World and potential careers. So Blaine screwed up, big time. VERY big time. After publicly accusing Kurt of cheating by texting, when Blaine himself was distancing himself from Kurt, he turned around and actually did the deed. Hind sight is 20-20: if he had taken the time to get on that rush flight to NYC when he was upset, instead of doing it after the fact to apologize…

It’s easy to think that a year of separation won’t be so bad; Blaine did the right thing by urging Kurt to go to NYC.

Anyway, I was expecting Burt to be the one to urge Kurt to actually talk to Blaine, regardless of the end results. A talk, with both parties actively listening (loved the post texting hissy fit counseling session), is the mature thing to do. FACE the problem and deal with it. It’s way too easy for things to fester and all chance for even friendship is gone. Glad Isabella urged Kurt to make the call and glad Blaine took the call (pretty good, considering just before going on-stage).

A little drama is good for the show and the relationship. I just hope they can get back to some comedy time for Kurt/Rachel/Blaine et al. LOVED the “Let’s Have a Kiki”. The “Turkey Lurkey” mashup is harder to work with, but it’s growing on me: flashbacks to a college production of “Promises, Promises!” and my on-stage dancing debut /shudder

Stormy

Posted at 11:10 AM on December 1, 2012

Hell no, they shouldn’t get back together. Blaine cheated, after he insisted Kurt go to New York, then he couldn’t handle the separation, after very little time apart. How can Kurt trust him to never cheat again, when they’re both trying to succeed in a very demanding, competitive field?

Blaine doesn’t seem to understand that there are times you have to focus on your job rather than your significant other, and sometimes you need to socialize with people from work in order to succeed in that field. Having to go to office parties, or work-related social events, is not that uncommon. A lot of people are not allowed to take or make personal calls at work, except on their break, but Blaine didn’t seem to understand that. I think he’ll be more sympathetic to Kurt’s situation once he has to work full-time in order to support himself. I hope by that time, though, he and Kurt will both be with people they’re more compatible with, who they can both trust to not cheat when they’re left alone for a few weeks.

I wish people would stop implying that Blaine is the handsome prince who rescued ugly duckling Kurt from a lifetime of loneliness. For me, and a lot of people, Kurt is the more attractive of the two. I think they both need to date other people, without it being cheating. They each need a chance to find someone they’re more compatible with, because they did not have a healthy relationship to begin with. Blaine pressured Kurt for sex when he was drunk, which is NEVER a good indication, and didn’t ever apologize for it. He humiliated Kurt in front of their friends when he accused Kurt of cheating, with flirty texts. These are not the things a good, caring partner does. These are emotionally abusive, not loving, acts.

In time, they might be able to remain friends, but I do not think these two will ever be able to have a happy, healthy relationship together.

Sarah Jay

Posted at 1:42 AM on December 2, 2012

Agree so much, particularly about Chris Colfer being much sexier than Darren Criss. I’m sorry, but Darren if generic as all hell. Cris is so beautiful, handsome and elegant. :)

Madonna

Posted at 8:34 AM on December 24, 2012

God bless this comment. 100% correct. They’ve never had a healthy relationship and people only like it because of Darren.

Kim

Posted at 12:01 AM on December 1, 2012

Klaine will definitely get back together, HOWEVER, Blaine needs to work for Kurt’s forgiveness. Im sorry but all Ive been seeing is Blaine mopping around. I know he regretted it, but he’s not taking more initiatives to fix it with Kurt.

rex ross

Posted at 10:16 PM on November 30, 2012

i would love to meet these following guys -chris cofer -darrin criss -chord overstreet -harry shum jr.-cory monteith -jon robert hall -riker lynch -curt mega -reed cook

rexross

Posted at 9:38 PM on November 30, 2012

anyone else thinks kurt should forgive blaine and go back to him.

rexross

Posted at 6:32 PM on November 30, 2012

yes! kurt should forgive blaine and take him back. blaine misses kurt vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery much, and want to be forgiven for cheating, please! kurt, find it in your heart, and forgive blaine, and go back to him, he loves you very much

Realist

Posted at 4:46 PM on December 2, 2012

VOMIT!!!!! Once a cheater always a cheater!