Jenny Johnson: I Am Not Sorry For Chris Brown Twitter War

Fri, November 30, 2012 7:11pm EDT by 21 Comments
Jenny Johnson Apology Chris Brown
Courtesy of Twitter, FameFlynet

Jenny speaks out for the first time since instigating a nasty Twitter rampage that resulted in Chris shutting down his Twitter account. Let’s find out what Jenny had to say.

Jenny Johnson has decided to go public with her take on the Twitter feud that erupted between her and Chris Brown. On Nov.30, the comedian shared her thoughts in an essay she wrote for GQ entitled, ‘Chris Brown Quits Twitter: The Comic Responsible Responds’.

“This is Not an Apology”

First off Jenny wants us to know that,  “This is not an apology. I just want to clear some things up. My first thought following my Twitter exchange with Chris Brown on Sunday was to ignore it until it went away. The exchange I’m referencing would be the one where he tweeted he looked old for 23, and I replied with a not-so-kind comment. From there we discussed farts, spelling, past events, bushpigs, and the part of my eye he wanted to go number 2 on. It ended with him deactivating his Twitter account.”

“I assumed a couple of days would pass and other things would happen and our little spat would be yesterday’s news. Halle Berry‘s baby daddy and current fiancee get in a fistfight, Lindsay Lohan gets arrested, and Kate Middleton gets bangs: perfect. But it’s still kind of there. I didn’t expect my name to be in entertainment news, but it is, and it is because I started it.”

A Lazy Sunday Turned Into a “Total Sh*tstorm”

“I won’t say I regret what I did, but I will say I have learned from it. I chose to turn a lazy Sunday watching football with my husband into a total sh*tstorm. I never thought I’d see the chicks on The View attempt to break down our interaction on Twitter (if they only knew how little thought and effort go into anything I tweet, there is literally nothing to break down). I didn’t think I would be invited to be a guest on their show or any other TV or radio program. I didn’t think Celebuzz would post an exclusive interview that I never gave. What they did was post bits and pieces from previous print and podcast interviews I did a year ago, made other shit up and called it an “exclusive interview”.”

Twitter Comedian Didn’t Start Fight For Attention

“I didn’t want attention from all of this. If I wanted attention, I would have accepted all of the invitations to be on shows and to actually give exclusive interviews, but I declined all of them. I didn’t think the thousands of (misspelled) death threats I got would have people thinking I saw myself as a victim, because I am NOT a victim of anything, nor have I ever thought I was (excluding the time I paid to see The Village). I’ve had people assume I dislike Chris Brown because I’m taking up for Rihanna, I’m not. I’m on the side of good, of equality and respect for my fellow woman. I was raised to not respect a person who doesn’t respect others. And one human being physically harming another human being is one of the most disrespectful acts there is. I have never been a victim of domestic abuse, nor was I raised in a house where there was abuse. I do however, know people who have been victims of abuse by a so-called “loved one” and I’ve seen the long term damage it does.”

“That said, my Twitter account is meant to be funny. While there are truths behind a lot of the things I write, in no way, shape or form are they meant to be seen as anything other than the words of a comedy writer, in 140 characters or less. I started it on Sunday and it was certainly not my finest hour, but here we are. By next week Miley Cyrus will marry a shoe, Justin Bieber will meet the Pope wearing a wetsuit, Kim Kardashian will announce she’s pregnant with a sea turtle, and everyone will move on. Even though I promised myself I would remain quiet on this subject, I just felt the need to clear the air on these certain topics.”

“Don’t worry Team Breezy, your hero is still on Instagram under the handle FuckYoPictures. #Classy”

What do you think of Jenny’s response? Do you think Chris should also write a response to the Twitter fight? What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers?

GQ

Sandra Clark

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Chris Brown Twitter drama

1. Rihanna: Jenny Johnson Has Harassed Chris Brown Since 2011
  2. Chris Brown: You Need More Anger Management After Twitter Attack
  3. Elisabeth Hasselbeck Accuses Chris Brown Of Twitter ‘Verbal Rape’

prioritychick gallant

Posted at 3:04 PM on December 3, 2012

what kinda style is that chris you look like 50!!!!!!

tiki

Posted at 3:11 PM on December 1, 2012

the wet suit comment cracked me up! still flabbergasted, overalls!! gah. but this made me lmao

Peter Pan Wannabe

Posted at 10:29 AM on December 1, 2012

she said kim kardashian will be pregnant with a sea turtle!!!! LMAO!!! that’s hilarious!

Music Lover

Posted at 9:11 AM on December 1, 2012

She’s a comedian like Karrueche is a model…..she’s not. Why does media keep calling her that? She doesn’t do stand up. She is a Twitter stalker/bully and just as immature as Chris even though she is 10 years older than him. Disrespect for Chris is her right. I can’t say he hasn’t earned it. Just as she has earned my disrespect. I wonder how she’s enjoying the ridicule that comes with having a spotlight on your shortcomings.

Jesusloves

Posted at 1:27 AM on December 1, 2012

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Jenny Johnson is famous for being a cyber bully…………but watch how hollywood will avoid her like the plaque after this time out when her 5min of fame is over. people are not fools you know, they are humoring her because it is Chris………..watch her career after now. Do you think any of this hollywood stars wants to be bully like she did Chris. I bet they will all run for their life and take cover when this woman shows up, you just watch. Jenny Johnson, enjoy your 5mins while it last and choose your next victim carefully and wisely, cos you might not have that kind of luck again. The story might be like the case of the boy that cried wolf too many time, at the end………. Enjoy Jenny Bully Johnson, you got it easy this time.

cuckoo

Posted at 10:45 PM on November 30, 2012

disgusting excuse for a woman.

markymark715

Posted at 5:09 PM on December 2, 2012

But he is a real fine example of a human being.

jake

Posted at 9:11 PM on November 30, 2012

of course she’s not sorry. she’s famous now… she basically used him, ,no one knew her before this.

Emme

Posted at 12:31 AM on December 1, 2012

Two words: FAME WHORE!!

Alli

Posted at 3:25 AM on December 1, 2012

LOL. Who is she?

Amber Williams

Posted at 12:26 AM on December 2, 2012

truth

ann

Posted at 8:42 PM on November 30, 2012

why do u take a stupid celerity (Like Chris brown) and idolise him to the point were he is never wrong? PUT IT IN UR HEAD PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE U LIKE HIS SONGS OR THINK “OMG LIKE HES SO CUTE” DOESNT MEAN HE SHOULD GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING. HIS REPLIES ON TWITTER WERE OFFENSIVE TO ALL WOMEN. GROW UP PEOPLE

Sandra Hicks

Posted at 9:40 PM on November 30, 2012

@ann

Plenty of folks have expressed said that they were both wrong.

But Jenny Johnson initiated the Twitter feud with her gutter level comment…

twp

Posted at 10:13 PM on November 30, 2012

@ann!!!! your comment really dont relevant right now…no one said he was right,an
the manner in how he done it…but cyber bully jenny have no right to call him a piece of sh*t,that was so rude and out of order.he have all right to defend himself!!!!she should be thankful chris put her on hollywood map..

Music Lover

Posted at 9:25 AM on December 1, 2012

Chris doesn’t get away with anything. Ever. Have you seen this woman’s unprovoked reams of offensive tweets directed at Chris over the years? Chris is wrong in this situation an so many others, but this woman is equally wrong and disgusting and offensive. Yet she still has fans. At least Chris has fans for a legitimate reason. She has fans for no other reason than she is a Twitter bully against people that she thinks deserve to be bullied and therefore it’s justified.

Nia

Posted at 10:37 AM on December 1, 2012

Normal people get thrown in jail.prison for domestic abuse/battery, public outbursts of extreme rage, destruction of private property, being a threat to the lives of others, and disturbing the the piece. While the battery event occurred once, that we know of, and he was indicted for it the other circumstances were met with little to no repercussions at all. he has not 1ce sincerely apologized to apologized for any of the above, and as a public icon it is his duty(in my opinion) to do so. And b4 you people attack me for speaking the truth, i advise you to look up all his public temper-tantrums, scheduled media/radio interviews, and legitimate news report where he has time after time proven that he has little to no control over his anger and has indeed endangered the lives of people around him in his outbursts (like throwing chairs across rooms, storming out on a radio interview flipping a stool out of his way b4 existing etc)

anna

Posted at 8:30 PM on November 30, 2012

this woman looks like tales from the crept. the nerve of her attacking brown.the way he response is the normal 23yrs old cuzzing out.

Anne

Posted at 10:25 AM on December 1, 2012

Yeah but with his track sheet he really should learn to control his temper. i kind of agree with ann on the point that he gets away with a lot just because people idealize him. while Jenny is at fault as the instigator it’s not like she wasn’t speaking the truth, all be it rather harshly.

twp

Posted at 7:55 PM on November 30, 2012

this woman is a disgusting bully…..

jasmin