‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Damon & Elena’s Relationship Is Doomed

Thu, November 29, 2012 11:59pm EST by 186 Comments
Elena Sired to Damon
Courtesy of The CW

Ariadne

Posted at 5:41 AM on November 30, 2012

Come on this sire bond is BS and totally false!

Ep4x04: Damon tells Elena to feed on tha girl in the campus—>She does not.

Ep4x01:Damon tries to kill matt—>Elena takes him down.

Ep4x05:Damon has a plan about how to kill Connor—>Elena disagrees and she actually said that she can take him down!

Probably Caroline who at this point annoys me when she is being all TEAM STEFAN and blind and selfish Stefan did not thin of that before having a theory which probaly Stefan will shove it down Damon’s thrpat just to break his heart!

Amberyl

Posted at 5:30 AM on November 30, 2012

I have watched that video above like 10 times now! I’ll admit the secondary music is a bit lame (not to mention Caroline’s voice during, ugh!). I think I will make a vid tomorrow that just carries the original music on through to the end.

But all the crap of the episode aside… dude that scene was hot! I am so happy they are finally together! I know next week is going to be lame, and not even a real episode, just a bunch of flashbacks. But I don’t even care about that.

It wasn’t as great and epic as it could have been tonight, but it is what it is. And at least the writer’s gave us as much as they did!

Didn’t Elena and Damon look so perfect together?

Let’s not allow anyone to put a damper on what should have been (and still can be) greatness! We know there’s no way she’s “sired” to him. And even if she were, she loved him before it and she will still love him after!

So let’s celebrate! They finally hooked up! FINALLY!

andrea

Posted at 9:02 AM on November 30, 2012

please do tell me when you make the video and share it here, seriously that music in the end kiling the mood…

Nhoa

Posted at 5:07 AM on November 30, 2012

I don’t even know where to begin…

I think, with much effort, I can get over Stefan and Caroline’s theory. With much effort, I can get that the writers want to give Stefan a chance (because, let’s face it, Elena’s not conflicted at all lately. She knows she wants Damon, period. No doubt between brothers as when she was with stefan). But what I can’t get over is the moment the writers chose.

The damn annoying music of the bed scene is just absolutely disrespectful. They didn’t have the right to do that after three seasons and a half of build up. Delena deserved their moment but they broke it with the angsty feeling. The music made it look like a crime instead of a love scene. Now we know why they hooked up so soon, just so they could be ruined better. You have to respect your fans a minimum and TVD didn’t do that yesterday.

About Stefan… COME ON! He uses Jeremy and Damon is the bad guy? Let’s face it once and for all: Stefan doesn’t want the cure because Elena is not fit to be a vampire, he wants the cure to get her to love him again. We’re talking about a guy who’s never confronted his Katherine’s experience. He is in love with the idea of Elena, he is in love with his freaking redemption.

Dear Caroline, Stefan and writers: is it that hard to believe that Elena wants to be with Damon because of Damon? He protects her, helps her, accepts her, loves her unconditionally, never judges her… but hey! How could she love him? It’s Stelena epic love right? There must be a sire to explain why she loves such a monster! Where was everybody in Mystic Falls for the last three seasons? Because they’re talking and acting as if Damon was Season’s one Damon.

And let’s not forget about what this stupid theory means for Elena. Caroline and Stefan are the ones who can’t accept Elena as she is and try to control her. She doesn’t feel what they want her to feel so she must be treated as a stupid puppet unable of control.

About the promo… I get Stefan is angry, I get Damon jumped in bed with Elena but he really thinks so low of his brother? We all know Damon would NEVER manipulate Elena’s feelings like this.

It’s easy to see where all of this is leading: Damon believing in the stupid theory and concluding the same sad truth he’s been having over again, he isn’t worth of love. He can’t be chosen. It was all a big joke.

I think Elena is going to discover her feelings for Damon are not sire depending but that doesn’t matter. What happened yesterday is just cruel. This show really has to stop trying to go as if the last three seasons and a half never happened. They did and we didn’t dream it.

andrea

Posted at 9:20 AM on November 30, 2012

oh my God you are right! when she with stefan she always confuse… i love stefan but i love damon … but when with damon he sure it’s damon! no second thought. Sire or not she love him before and she will love him after. Remember when elena hugs stefan in front of damon she gave him an awkward stare that showed she feeling uneasy he watching her hugs stefan, but now stefan said he said elena to stay at their house while he crashed somewhere else, she doesn’t even think it’s a bad idea or feeling uneasy. Another thing she always jealous over damon, when he with rebeka she looks worry when she saw damon at the bonfire with rebeka, while she did know stefan has history with rebeka and she know stefan as the ripper spent time with rebeka ( and klaus too…) but not even once she show that she is jealous. She love damon more I’m sure.

her being with stefan it’s just the right thing to do, not the true feeling, human elena can’t handle being not do the right thing. while vampire elena can’t stand it anymore.

and about that caroline theory about jeremy : Elena relax when damon said she need to be relax because she ALWAYS trust damon, while in many episode she said “i cannot trust stefan” it’s back in season 3 and also in this season. But she always trust damon, even back then when damon is still not as tamed as now.

Katy

Posted at 5:06 AM on November 30, 2012

Exactly. A very cheap-blow…

Amberyl

Posted at 4:05 AM on November 30, 2012

I just had an epiphany of who I think Elena will end up with!

I had been thinking it would HAVE to be Stefan.

We all know that until the show ends, the writer’s will HAVE to keep up the sexual tension/confused love triangle thing that’s been going on throughout every season so far. That IS the Vampire Diaries.

Which means that even after getting with Damon, after all this build up, she’s STILL going to be emotionally conflicted! Hey, cut her some slack. She has to be! The show would die without it. Anyway, that won’t bode well for Damon. No way she really loves him if once she finally gets him, she still wants to crawl back to his little bro, right?

That USED to be my thought process. But I just realized this whole emotion envoking sire bonding mess is the perfect way to give team Delena a fighting chance! Now, she may still end up with Stefan. She probably will. True love and all that. So true she will sleep with your brother. *cough* Did I say that out loud?

I have never been team Stefan. And that was before Damon even existed as a team to be on. They just hooked up WAY too fast.

Anyway… if Elena BELIEVES she is sired to Damon (FYI-no way this could actually be true and believeable) that will cause emotional confliction in ALL of them. Even Damon. Thus continuing the conflicted love-triangle (for ratings sake), but preserving the true love that she may indeed feel for Damon.

And it also leaves it open for team Stefan. What a perfect excuse for sleeping with your brother, right? It wasn’t me, it was the sire bond. Riiight. But, still, the writer’s could go that way if they wanted.

Besides, now that I think about it… the show has always foreshadowed the possibility of Stefan and Katherine. It would be one thing if she had still been conflicted about who she loved. But she made it clear that she never really loved Damon. So there is now zero possibility that they will hook up again. That only leaves Katherine and Stefan. Unless the show plans to leave on an unhappy note, with one brother left eternally unhappy, or all of them dead, etc, which I doubt!

Sabi

Posted at 3:52 AM on November 30, 2012

I’m a Delena fan, and I’ve been one since last season. I personally don’t like Stelena AT ALL, not only in reality, but even in the show, when they’re together, the show just gets boring. I feel that Damon and Elena compliment each other – In season 1, Damon was pretty messed up, as soon as he falls in love with Elena, it makes him want to be a better person, and when his hopes are raised that Elena and him might be together, he actually does become a better person, but when his hopes are lost, he loses it, its as if he needs Elena. I understand why fans of Stephan want them to be together, but Stephan being an ungrateful twit sometimes really doesn’t make it easier for us to like him. Yes, it seems like he is finding the cure for Elena, but deep inside, its actually for him, its because HE wants Elena to be all innocent and not be a vampire. It’s kind of hypocritical if you think about it, when Stephan started killing many people, Elena tried to help him through it, and now that Elena is a vampire, he wants to ‘fix’ her. On the other hand, Damon is genuinely trying to help Elena, its his unfortunate past why everyone hates him now, and don’t forget, all the seasons relate back to when they loved Katherine, Damon was the one who was all good and kind, and Stephan was the complete opposite, Katherine ended up choosing Stephan over Damon – Stephan denied her love, now that Elena is slightly leaning towards Damon, Stephan gets mad and starts losing it. I don’t know why the writers are changing it up so much, but if you think about it, it makes sense that they would add a twist at this point, because season 4 isn’t the last season, and if they were to have may be another 2 seasons, they can’t keep Damon and Elena together for both another two seasons, they have to switch it up a bit, but I hope their final decision will be Damon and Elena together :)

Amberyl

Posted at 3:28 AM on November 30, 2012

I feel like a comment hog. this is like my fourth one of the night! But I keep coming back to read the most recent posts and then it makes me want to comment more!

First off, I just want to say that all my friends hate Damon just as much as Elena’s friends do! It’s kind of funny. They see no redeeming qualities in him.

I get that Stefan is this saint of a guy who denounces human blood. He has always given Elena her own free will. Until tonight. He made the choice to find a cure even at the cost of her brother. And she made it clear that is not the way she wants it!

But frankly, Elena has been into Damon from day one. She may have taken a while to admit it to herself, but the viewers could see it. And that means… well, Stefan didn’t complete her. Maybe Damon won’t either. Maybe she will end up with neither of them!

The way I see it is if she ends up going back to Stefan at this point (unless of course they actually run with the whole sire bit, which is a whole other topic) then that will show that Damon isn’t the one for her. She had to give him a try, which shows a little immaturity on her part, but let’s face it… how old is she again?

If she stays with Damon and doesn’t remain emotionally torn… well, it would no longer be the same show, now would it? I doubt the writers are ready for such a bold move! So she will have to stay conflicted, which means (sadly) she will eventually end up with Stefan (because remember, it will mean she doesn’t really love Damon). That will be the only believable outcome.

Because if she loved Damon, now that they are finally together, that would be enough for her. And I think if it were reality, that might be the case. But like I said… it’s the sexual tension that really is the meat of the show. And the love triangle. They have to keep that going.

But I will continue to hope for “Delena.” The way they look at each other is just fabulous!

andrea

Posted at 3:57 AM on November 30, 2012

Me too! well I do have a big hope for Delena, don’t you think from season 1-3 and several episode is season 4 all we can see how Elena and Damon relation building up, from a hate to friends, and turn to hate again, to “i would never kissed you back” to “i love the way you are just like now” to “I care about you” and to : I’m with your brother, it’s always Stefan and turn to “where were you?” and “i will never leave you again” The love story is about the connection of them two, it’s about they always have a moment in every situation, about these 2 connected with each other, imhao there’s no way the love story is about a girl who have crush with a guy from day one and have all this sweet puppy love all the way. They won’t make Damon as a super charming character that always gentle only when it’s about her ( while stefan is sweet to all girls – when he with Caroline we all : “ohh they 2 are sweet”… when he with bonnie,”ohh he so nice and caring to her” — he is a nice and gentleman who nice to every girl / except when he was the ripper of course) but not Damon he soft place is only with Elena. It’s the love story all about, a man that change because of his love. I can see that he will end up with Damon if not why were the always make Damon the one who save the day with a bit cocky personality but always witty and everything funny that we all love and crazy about if she doesn’t end up eventually with him.

Joy

Posted at 9:57 AM on November 30, 2012

Well if you had read the books, it’s not that she doesn’t truly love either one of them, the conflict is that she is deeply in love with both of them. Hey maybe that’s not possible but in the fictional world where the characters were made up and formed it is possible and it’s a fact of the story, infact it is the story. The real dilemma isn’t who she’s in love with, because she loves them both, it’s who she’s meant to be with or who is better for her.

andrea

Posted at 3:19 AM on November 30, 2012

I think the Dex it’s real, what I think it’s the writer is trying to make us Delena and Stelena happy, for Delena, you got their scene and to Stelena there’s still hope because it might be because Elena is some kind of under spell.

But here it is, When you sired doesn’t mean your in love with your maker, Kim sired to Klaus and what she can’t refuse is when Klaus gives her order to do something, we don’t see her jumping and kiss him, dance with him willingly. Damon never ask Elena to break up with Stefan and be with him but she did, again on her own decision and if she is sired she won’t light up seeing Damon. If being sired means you immediately in love with your maker, why is she still on a hot scene with Stefan? ( but failed upon that bloody throw up) why she can reject damon in a trip and saying she have to do this with stefan? She can’t be sired, when Damon said to her don’t jump of bridge she still want to do it, it stop because the hunter ghost is gone. If she really is sired she will listen to every damon words, but she didn’t. Her feeling is more intense after Damon ( again) save her life, at that episode you can see elena is practically saying “I should’ve choose you” by holding Damon hands first.
What she have is a magnified feeling for Damon, her all feeling is magnified ( remember her sorrow and depression in episode 1-2 ) everything is magnified but you don’t see her feeling for Stefan magnified, probably it is, it’s just her feeling for Damon is bigger.

But well sometimes in TVD there’s so many loops hole just to make it excited, probably the writer will go with story that Elena is probably sired, and try to find the cure for it. For Stefan to bring back the girl that once love her and for Damon he must be dying to know is Elena act is only because of sired thing, he wouldn’t want it that way.

My biggest question is why Caroline and Stefan so dying to bring back Elena as a human (with a help from Klaus??), isn’t Elena save from Klaus because she is now a vampire? isn’t when Elena become human Klaus will try so have her and dry her blood again like the old season? and they will have to save Elena from being blood bag for Klaus again. Isn’t what their trying to do all this time is keep Elena alive and save from Klaus ( which is for that everyone is died, Alaric, Jenna, John, Bonnie’s grandma and all) and now practically they help Klaus to have his blood bag back, just because they don’t like the new elena and the new elena it’s not the same like the old one ( which is only one that change, – she doesn’t love stefan anymore, that’s all) so the 2 thinks it’s okay start doing all fighting, chasing, people die everywhere that is all okay as long as elena is a human that loves stefan? While everyone around her is not human ( except matt) well even jeremy is a hunter and if he doesn’t become one he probably will be just like alaric … so it doesn’t make sense for me.

aisha

Posted at 3:08 AM on November 30, 2012

ok im sorry but how can anyone even LIKE damon after this episode
“id say im sorry but im not.” the hell ? and then he just has sex with the love of his brother’s ( whos literally done everything for him ) life. I thought he would at least show SOME resistance :S or respect for stefan. I can’t even. im glad that DE sex scene wasnt romantic or special at all LOL.

Alexis

Posted at 2:56 AM on November 30, 2012

I think that, first off, we will learn the sex scene had nothing to do with Elena being sired to Damon. Remember a few episodes ago when Elena and Damon were at the college party, and Damon told her to feed on the girl there? SHE DIDN’T! So, there is no way it is a sire! She has said no multiple times to him in the last few episodes. Plus, even if she was sired to Damon, she was never told to have sex with him. That was 100% completely HER choice. To all the Stelena fans out there- Come on! They have been together WAY too long. Their relationship was beginning to get boring. Maybe they will get together later on in the show but everything has changed. Elena is a vampire now. Stefan doesn’t want her this way, etc. The fact is, Damon has ALWAYS loved her. Even if he still had feeling for Katherine in the beginning. The underlying issue is, he has always loved ELENA. When people want her and Stefan together, I have to ask why? They are boring together, have no sexual tension (which delena seriously does!), and they definitely care about each other, but she needs to try damon out. Come on. All I can say is, bring on the steamy vampire sex! ;)

Cathleen

Posted at 2:20 AM on November 30, 2012

By the way, Elena’s decision to move in with Damon is the best decision she made in her life. Show Stefan what you have been missing in your relationship with him. That is great sex and now you are having it Damon and will be having more.

Kandy

Posted at 2:18 AM on November 30, 2012

That sex scene was hot and much awaited after three plus years. Just typical it was ruined. Thanks heaps for running those two scenes together NOT. It really killed it.

delena fan

Posted at 12:53 AM on November 30, 2012

The “relax Jeremy is fine” argument Caroline made is just riddiculous! She still went looking for him and almost got killed in the process!

Amberyl

Posted at 12:46 AM on November 30, 2012

I just also have to say “Thank you” for posting the video above of how it truly should have been tonight. The creators could have waited at least until next week.
But I’m glad they didn’t! I am a Damon and Elena fan through and through. And I say, bring it!
If she truly loved Stefan, even if she were sired to Damon… she would not be able to look Stefan in the face and tell him to move on. She would not be able to let Stefan leave as hurt as he obviously was.
But let’s even examine just how hurt he is. He doesn’t seem that bad off to me! You would think he would be so devastated, but no, he is sitting with Caroline having a drink. He didn’t even try to hit Damon. No, a part of Stefan didn’t want to be with Elena after she turned.

In fact, I think Stefan has never actually fully gotten over his feelings for Katherine! And I think Elena reminds him too much of Katherine as a vampire. And there is just too much hurt and confusion there. And I think he wants to be with a human so he can forget what he is. So, that’s kind of using Elena in a sense. If he truly loved her, he would love her as a vampire. hell, he should want her to be one, especially if she is finally ok with it! That means he can be with her forever, doesn’t it?

MP

Posted at 1:16 AM on November 30, 2012

It seems many Delena fans are forgetting one crucial thing. It’s not that Stefan doesn’t want to be with her as a vampire. He said he would love her no matter what. He wants to give her her humanity because because a) she never wanted to be a vampire b) he instinctively knew she was having a hard time being a vampire. If she wasn’t, she wouldn’t have written in her diary in episode 5 that she is depressed, sad and is hating what she is becoming. So if she “hates herself”, why wouldn’t he want to save her from that? Makes sense to me. c) he has a right to be a “little selfish” because the whole reason he and Elena were apart in season 3 was to save her life and DAMON”S life. He made a huge sacrifice which in the end cost him his humanity and the woman he loved. I think he is owed some happiness after what Klaus put him through. And he was hurt. Why would he hit his brother if his ex has admitted feelings for him. In this episode it wouldn’t make sense to hit him but it totally made sense to hit Damon (and it was well deserved) when Damon allowed his girlfriend to feed from him (he knew he was taking advantage and that was just low). Stefan isn’t confused about Katherine, when she came back and bascially told him she wants him back he said no and chose Elena. And remember Damon came back to Mystic Falls to be with Katherine, not even meeting Elena changed that. The only thing that changed it was when Katherine told Damon she never loved him and it was always Stefan. I will say that on behalf of the Delena fans, I think you were cheated tonight. I think Delena needed to happen for her to explore her feelings for Damon (which you’re right she has). But it was definitely a cop out the way it was done. I’m sure if Elena had fully embraced being a vampire from the beginning and that she told Stefan she was okay with it (which she didn’t, in fact she tearfully told him the opposite before she turned in season 2 and at the end of episode 4 this season). But unlike Damon, Stefan listens to her feelings and wants. That’s why he let her go tonight, because she asked him to. Stefan will always do anything Elena asks.

aisha

Posted at 3:10 AM on November 30, 2012

thank you ! i hate damon now. ” id say im sorry but im not.” the helllll is wrong with him. And then he allows Stefan to move out. sd njsnds and has sex with her with NO resistance or thought about Stefan. I hate hate hate him.

Mariel

Posted at 2:27 AM on November 30, 2012

I completely agree! Very well said on all of it. =D

Mariel

Posted at 2:30 AM on November 30, 2012

To Amberyl: I completely agree! Very well said on all of it. =D
It didn’t show bellow the right comment lol.

iamaylinRn

Posted at 4:08 AM on November 30, 2012

good point…delena forever!..

Victoria

Posted at 12:45 AM on November 30, 2012

I was Team Stefan and Elena but no longer. Stefan deserves better than a confused and easily manipulated girl. I find a girl that could be with two brothers disgusting. I find it odd that so many are okay with that. Damon is indulging in his brother’s leftovers. It’s gross. So I hope Stefan is never with Elena again and completely moves on from her. Elena and Damon deserve each other. Good riddance. I loved Caroline in this episode. I like she and Klaus together, as well as, her friendship with Stefan.

Kandy

Posted at 2:12 AM on November 30, 2012

Lol yeah Klaus isn’t a monster like Damon. This show has so many flaws and giant hypocrites as characters.

mercedes

Posted at 12:40 AM on November 30, 2012

I dont think its really a sire bond since she doesnt always do what he says even when being a vanpire. Also he never told her to love him or kiss him and he didnt tell her to have sex with him. So we know that damon doesnt use the bond to make her be with him. She willingly is with him. I just hope that elena and damon stay together!

Sana

Posted at 12:37 AM on November 30, 2012

Oh My God. Congratulations to the writers on ruining the most awaited sex scene of the show.
Why? Why does there have to be any other explanation for Elena wanting to be with Damon other than that she loves him?? The beauty of Damon and Elena’s relationship is in the fact that Damon would never compel her or manipulate her to love him back. Umm hellooo, She had pretty strong feelings for him when she was human.
What’s this vampire sire-bond BS anyway? I believe Stefan has always hated Catherine and I don’t see Caroline going gaga over Damon either.
I love this show a lot and I really hope it doesn’t go downhill from here. Those writers really need to get their act together. Seriously.

Amberyl

Posted at 12:35 AM on November 30, 2012

First off, I read all the comments so far and I couldn’t agree more with this shocking sire bond news taking some of the magic out of the special, long awaited moment between Damon and Elena. At first I thought Caroline was hinting at Damon being evil or something, but I think the whole sire business is even worse than that would have been.

However… with much thought, I don’t think it can be true. There has always been something between Damon and Elena. Long before she turned. She is just having a hard time fighting those feelings now that they are magnified. If she was sired she would obey everything Damon tells her and that is hardly the case. In fact, in the very episode that he told her to “kill” he had also told her to stay put and she didn’t listen to that!

It was definitely a believable ruse. It had me fooled for a while! I was angry… I was sad.
Let’s just put it this way, it really doesn’t make sense if it is true. That wouldn’t be believable.

Fahad

Posted at 12:32 AM on November 30, 2012

if elena and stefan are bak im gonna stop watching ;@ i want delena ugh

Katerina

Posted at 12:31 AM on November 30, 2012

Delena is true love! Team Delena Always And Forever!

Elizabeth Bennet

Posted at 12:10 AM on November 30, 2012

“Being forced to love Damon?” That doesn’t sound right. Maybe pushes over the top her already existing feelings and makes her give in to her inner desires?

Also, in the only sire bonds in TVD we have seen so far, all are aware of the sire bond and realize that they are being forced/ manipulated (in fact some did say no or showed fear at what would happen if they didn’t obey). Makes me think this will be a “special kind of sire bond” that will happen only to Damon & Elena. Or just to be on the safe side and not piss off half of fandom we will be shown a “previous occurrence of this special sire bond”.

Damon is already aware? I must have missed that.

On a different front: Klaus knowingly feeding Caroline the idea of the sire bond is illogical IMO. He wants the invisible map and the cure for Elena. What possible reason would now have Stefan to look for it (and Klaus needs Stefan to look for it), if all he needs to “fix” Elena is to break that sire bond between Damon & her. Technically if she is forced to love Damon all is needed for her to revert to her former self (albeit with heightened feelings) is breaking the bond.

Ah, well… it will all reveal itself in good time. I’m overanalyzing things.

delena fan

Posted at 12:07 AM on November 30, 2012

SIRE BOND DEFINITION: The Following criteria must be fulfilled: 1) you must be turned by the one your sired to i.e. his/her blood: (true with Damon and Elena), 2) You must do everything your “master” tells you to do, it’s like being compelled (NOT TRUE: Elena didn’t drink from someone in the bar 4×02, Elena didn’t come inside with Damon at the bridge 4×06 etc.). T

This is just a way by the writers to keep stelena fans happy and make Stefan find a convincing reason to destroy Damon and Elena’s relationship. BTW didn’t Caroline seem like a bitch to you this episode? I mean she’s supposed to be Elena’s friend and she just praised Stefan and pissed on Damon, even though Stefan also has done some horrible things to her recently and in the past. She’s the one to talk, falling for Klaus even though Klaus has tried to kill her, Tyler, Jeremy etc and actually killed Jenna and countless others,

Why is Bonnie such a small character these days BTW?

Delena

Posted at 2:47 AM on November 30, 2012

On top of that Caroline was also turned using Damons blood and yet she isn’t being accused of having a sire bond with him. Also Caroline’s feelings for Damon have changed she still doesn’t like him and that hasn’t changed just because she was changed using Damon’s blood therefore this theory is f*cked up (excuse my language I’m just so pissed). How can people insinuate that their whole relationship is fake!!!!!! Its absolute BS. UGH!

Maria

Posted at 8:30 PM on November 30, 2012

Caroline was turned by Katherine’s blood (geez do you watch the show). As you recall, Caroline did do everything Katherine said because she was compelled. Sire bond has many definitions in vampire folklore. The basic definition is that the sire obeys the master to keep them happy (the one who sired them). It doesn’t mean that the sire always listens to the master, it means they are always wanting to please or be happy around them. Look it up.

Nell79

Posted at 9:07 PM on November 30, 2012

No, Caroline was turned by Damon’s blood and killed by Katherine. She wasn’t sired to Katherine, she was afraid of her and did whatever she said because of that fear. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

Maria

Posted at 9:59 PM on December 1, 2012

To Nell79. Sorry I was wrong about whose blood (I was thinking back and yes Katherine killed her in hospital with pillow but she had Damon’s blood in her system). But I didn’t say Caroline was sired to Katherine or to Damon (I know she obeyed Katherine out of fear-what I said was “she did do everything Katherine said because she was compelled”). I was showing the difference between being compelled and being “sired” as per Delena’s definition. Even Caroline says being sired is “rare” but it does happen. And it does follow what happend in the books when Elena died with most of Damon’s blood in her system and became a vampire in book 3, In the book Elena was sired to Damon but didn’t do everything he said, she wanted to please him and she felt the urge to protect him when she awoke as a vampire and saw Damon and Stefan fighting over her. In her foggy new vamp state she attacked Stefan, but later she realized what she had done, and felt guilty even though she was still sired to Damon. I don’t know how the writer’s are going to work the sire angle but it seems they are going to imply that Elena is “not herself” or making “uncharacteristic” choices subconsciously because she wants to please Damon. I think her having sex with him is an extenstion of that. I don’t think it’s totally the sire bond, but I do think the sire bond has something at least partially to do with how quickly she slept with Damon.

DEx All Night (@gunny1972)

Posted at 12:05 AM on November 30, 2012

Andy! It doesn’t matter if there is a sire bond because Damon didn’t know about it when they got together and Elena’s feelings for him are real. She admitted in the last episode that she had feelings for him when she was human. Plus sire bonds mean that you do whatever your “sire” tells you to do, but Elena has defied Damon plenty of times this season so how is that being a loyal little puppy?

Isabelle

Posted at 12:03 AM on November 30, 2012

im a total elena damon fan…. and i totally wish they would’ve told us that she’s sired to him AFTER the danced and had sex…. so we could FULLY enjoy it…. cuz even tho i still screamed with joy, about 0.2% of the fun was taken out of it by knowing that elena’s feelings for damon aren’t real….

Anya Starr

Posted at 1:51 AM on November 30, 2012

me to i was so so so exited and happy but they could have waited until the next episode ,elena’s feelings for damon are real damon never told elena to kiss him or dance with him or have sex with him i think she loves him .

Kristina g

Posted at 12:01 AM on November 30, 2012

I’m really starting to get annoyed with this show. I loved the damon and elena parring for awhile now and were hoping they end up together soon an now they are throwing this into the mix. I really don’t agree with this sire bond for the fact I never heard it on a vampire before. I know people like Stefan and elena together but whenever thoes two were together all I thought was that their safe nothing more. Damon and elena always could feel the tension. Damon does make her a better person and she seems to always bring more of herself out. In season one went they went to Georgia she had a lot of fun with him. When she is with Stefan you don’t see who she really is. Stefan was her first love she will always love him but I honestly don’t think there meant to be true love because he can’t even accept the fact that he is a vampire. Damon even said that no matter what he likes her both ways. Damon loves Elena for who she it. I honestly feel bad for all Delena fans for the fact we have to keep induring this struggle between the two. I do know in the Christmas episode damon and elena spend time together so that Can men a good thing is to become of this. In my opinion Stefan is just too pushy and wants everything his way and Caroline is fueling his madness for it. I really can’t wait for next week to see what this heartbreaking decision is I just hope it’s nothing bad that damon and elena are done. I just really don’t believe in the sore bond

aisha

Posted at 3:12 AM on November 30, 2012

they ARE going to get together this season, for sure. Its been confirmed.