The star stunned at The Weinstein Company’s screening of ‘Killing Them Softly,’ on Nov. 26, but it was her blonde highlights that really stole the show. Celeb hairstylist Christo told HollywoodLife.com how to copy the look!
Maggie Grace, 29, debuted voluminous hair with bright blonde highlights that completely flattered her complexion. We asked celeb hairstylist Christo of Christo Salon in NYC for tips on how to recreate Maggie’s highlighting at home.
1. Start with a single-process color for the root area. If you are not a natural blonde, you need to lift your base color 2 to 3 shades lighter than your natural color. (For example, if you’re a light brunette-level 5, choose a color that is a 7 or 8 ash blonde). Wella has some of the industry’s top hair colors that will not dry out the hair.
2. Leave color on the base for 15-20 minutes.
3. Wash out the base color and dry hair to prepare for highlights.
4. Once hair is dry to about 80 percent to 90 percent put on a highlighting cap. This is the easiest and safest way to highlight and helps avoid any disasters when applying the bleach.
5. Pull strands through highlighting cap to desired thickness, focusing on top, sides and crown area. Avoid pulling strands through too thickly, as the highlights will end up looking chunky.
6. Apply the mix (blending according to package instructions) onto the strands and let the highlights process for about 10-25 minutes, depending on how light you want your hair to look.
7. Wash hair thoroughly with shampoo and follow with conditioner. “I highly recommend a deep conditioning treatment after the highlight process in order to restore nutrients to the hair shaft, such as Curlisto Deep Therapy Masque or Wella Brilliance treatment,” says Christo.
He also notes, “If for any reason you feel doubt about doing your own hair, visit your salon professional. A mistake can cost more in the long run if you end up needing a color correction.”
HollywoodLifers, do you love Maggie’s highlights? Vote below!
– Julianna Spence
More Beauty News:
- Amy Adams, Emily Blunt & More Look Pretty In Pink — Get The Look
- Katharine McPhee: Love Or Loathe Her Fire Engine Red Lips — Vote
- Justin Bieber Lets Us Be His ‘Girlfriend’ In New Fragrance Ad — Watch