Gossip Girl’s Identity Will Soon Be Revealed — My Top 5 Guesses

Thu, November 29, 2012 1:11pm EDT by 23 Comments
Gossip Girl Identity
Courtesy of the CW

After six years of backstabbing, gossiping & betrayal, ‘Gossip Girl’ will come to an end in a two-hour finale Dec. 17. And we’ll finally get an answer to the series’ big question: Who is Gossip Girl?

We are edging ever closer to the end of Gossip Girl, and on Dec. 17, Manhattan’s elite will close their doors to us forever. We know that Kristen Bell is the voice of Gossip Girl, but which one of our favorite Upper East Siders is the face behind the menacing blog? Read on for my top five guesses.

1. Dorota

It’s so obvious! Like Gunther on Friends or Rosario on Will & Grace, Dorota (Zuzanna Szadkowski) is the recurring background character who often steals the show. Blair’s faithful maid is always waiting in the wings, and because she is not part of the main gang, she observes much more than they realize. Plus, no one would suspect her; its the perfect crime! And considering how much B.S. Dorota gets from Queen B (Leighton Meester), why wouldn’t she spill all her secrets?

2. Dan

Dan (Penn Badgley) is like the guy who never got invited to the cool kid’s birthday party. Born in Brooklyn, he will always be the outsider who will never fit in with the rich, spoiled trust-fund babies of the Upper East Side. And no matter what measures he takes — attending St. Judes, dating Serena (Blake Lively), etc. — Dan will always be outside the circle. And if you can’t join em, beat em. Plus, he’s a writer!

3. Nate

Ah, Nate, Nate, Nate. As I often say in my recaps and previews, the underlying fact about Nate (Chace Crawford) is that he is irrelevant. Because he is not involved in a star-crossed relationship like Chuck (Ed Westwick), Blair, Dan and Serena, he ceases to matter — unless he is actually Gossip Girl! The main reason I think Nate is GG is simple: In season five, when Serena was acting as GG, she and Nate looked through her emails, where it was revealed that Nate has never sent in a tip to the blog. So it would make sense that he’s Gossip Girl: He doesn’t send tips, he just receives them.

4. Georgina

Georgina (Michelle Trachtenberg) is evil. So is Gossip Girl. Georgina had Gossip Girl’s laptop. Georgina isn’t always around, but when she is, she wreaks havoc — just like GG. But it’s because of one particular conversation she had with Serena towards the end of season one that leads me to believe Georgina is Gossip Girl. When Serena tells her to leave her alone, Georgina replies, “I see everything, I know things before everyone else.” (Just. Like. Gossip. Girl.) Those words have always stuck with me, as it’s like Georgie was admitting her identity. Also, Georgina seems like the only one clever enough to be GG. Oh, and her name begins with G!

5. Eric

Eric (Connor Paolo) is just the token possibility. Many times throughout the series, they’ve reference that he could be/is Gossip Girl. Plus, he’s the tormented, unlucky-in-love loner who doesn’t really want to be part of the Upper East Side. And you know what they say: it’s always the quiet ones. Plus, Connor was spotted on set filming recently, so it’s certain Eric is making a return to the show — perhaps to drop an almighty bombshell!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Could one of these five characters be Gossip Girl? Or is it someone else? Vote and comment with your thoughts below!

XOXO,

– Eleanore Hutch

More Gossip Girl News:

1. ‘Gossip Girl’ Recap: Serena & Dan Finally Kiss & Make Up
  2. ‘Gossip Girl’ Preview Video: Dan & Serena Finally Reunite
  3. ‘Gossip Girl’ Preview: Is Serena Getting Engaged To Steven?

Ellen

Posted at 3:25 PM on July 30, 2013

Yes, GG is the worst show ever, I mean ever.

Ed Westwick

Posted at 1:35 PM on December 18, 2012

I think it’s Dan

Ann

Posted at 11:24 PM on December 17, 2012

I can’t believe your top 5 pic was right.

Scott Spiegel

Posted at 8:13 PM on December 13, 2012

Nelly Yuki

James

Posted at 6:18 PM on December 13, 2012

Its either the maid or Blair’s mother

Age is not an issue as that will be the twist!
+ season 6 is the worst out of the lot

Sheila

Posted at 8:42 PM on December 3, 2012

While Darota makes sense, she doesn’t match the person in the “video” shot at the sex party from season 5 where Bart was hiding out. That was a skinny person. Unable to tell if male or female. I don’t think it’s Nate as I’ve heard he’s the one who finally makes the discovery of who it is. My bet is with Jenny as she’s supposed to make an appearance this season but hasn’t yet and we’re down to so few episodes left… :(

Eleanore Hutch

Posted at 11:23 PM on November 29, 2012

So Dorota is too old to be GG, but Blair’s mom isn’t?! Nelly just seems too random!

Eleanore Hutch

Posted at 11:22 PM on November 29, 2012

#teamminaj NZ (@CakeWannaMiNAJ)

Posted at 7:43 PM on November 29, 2012

Doroda is too old to be GG!

A

Posted at 5:20 PM on November 29, 2012

Dorota or Nelly Yuki are my top guesses!

kougie757

Posted at 3:44 PM on November 29, 2012

I don’t think it would be Dorota. Seems a bit beneath her maturity level. She was like Blair’s mother for awhile. I could see it being Juliette because they have filming pictures with her, and its not like she is coming back for the.. (dont read further to avoid spoilers)

weddings, since noone likes her.

Ann

Posted at 4:19 PM on November 29, 2012

Dorota is pretty much the obvious choice because she’s in the perfect position and has the best motive to do it (being around the main cast and sometimes ease dropping on all of the secret talks not that she’d need to with how much Blair tells her). And sometimes these writers choose the obvious choice because they know people will over think it and ignore that option. other than Dorota Nelly Yuki (or another sp), Jenny (doubtful). When i first saw Sage i was like i hope to God she’s not GG. But she has all the best/most conniving qualities of all the main female leads. Blair’s scheminess, Georgina’s ruthlessness and silver tongue, and Serena’s taste/attitude. Plus it’s freaky how, much she knew about the lives of the main cast.

Eleanore Hutch

Posted at 4:55 PM on November 29, 2012

The poll doesn’t lie! Nelly Yuki is a popular choice for Gossip Girl – I wonder….

Alice

Posted at 3:42 PM on November 29, 2012

Though many of the guesses are well thought out, I don’t think that Gossip Girl is anyone mentioned in the article. I have been debating her identity with a coworker at DISH for years now, and we have it narrowed down. We think that Gossip Girl will turn out to be Nelly Yuki, or Jenny Humphrey. I can’t wait to find out if our predictions are correct in the finale, and whether any of the characters will share in the revelation. With so few episodes left, I have been recording the season on my DISH Hopper so I don’t miss anything. With 2,000 hours of recording space, I have more than enough room for this and my other favorite shows. I would hate to miss how it all ends and the reveal of the mysterious blogger. I hope that the reveal also explains why the person started the blog to begin with; this information would be the perfect way to end this show.

Isabelle

Posted at 2:27 PM on November 29, 2012

dorota, nelly yuki, dan(i doubt it, but maybe), gorgina, idk who else, i doubt it’s jenny, i mean possibly, because blair was always so mean to her, and she ended up just not really working with it, but she’s been gone for too long, same with eric!

Ann

Posted at 4:02 PM on November 29, 2012

My real #3 was Charlie “Lola” Rhodes the actress who plays her got a pilot on NBC and they said she wouldn’t be available for filming. So i just through in Jenny just to say i add some1. Maybe Damien would’ve been a better choice. But doubtful that it’s eric

Ann

Posted at 4:07 PM on November 29, 2012

couldn’t be Georgina because as of s5 we know that she was just a stand in.

Ann

Posted at 2:20 PM on November 29, 2012

my top pics:
1. Dorota
2. Nelly Yuki
3. Jenny Humphrey
4. Vanessa Abrams
5. Rufus Humphrey (doubtful but you never know)

Alli

Posted at 2:02 PM on November 29, 2012

i just think that dorota’s too obvious a choice.. but nate and eric are both possibilities in my mind!

Alli

Posted at 2:03 PM on November 29, 2012

no i take that back actually. the real GG helped nate and knew that tripp messed with the limo that was meant for nate…

Alli

Posted at 2:08 PM on November 29, 2012

one more thing– i thought for a while that maybe nellie yuki(sp?) or that other girl who was a minion in hs and then was also at columbia (starts with a c…?) could be GG

Ann

Posted at 2:00 PM on November 29, 2012

debunking time:
1. Dorota I completely agree with.
2. Seriously np possible for too many reasons
3. Nate and Charlie were working with the real gossip girl to take down Serena. i’d sooner think the real charlie/Lola was GG or maybe even Ivy.
4. We know she was just a step in for the real deal re-watch s5 please and ty.
5. plausible

veroxy

Posted at 1:21 PM on November 29, 2012

those are the worst tips ever.. have you ever watched GG?