The ‘DWTS’ finale is finally here! Although the top three girls — Melissa, Shawn and Kelly — are all amazing, I think Melissa should walk away with the mirror ball trophy — here’s why!
Dancing with the Stars brought back some of the best dancers from the past 14 seasons for the 15th All Star season and it’s been a treat to watch all the couples. But I think Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolini should win it all and here’s why!
Kelly and Val have amazing passion and chemistry. Their performances have been heartfelt and meaningful, but I don’t think Kelly has the technique that makes her an All Star winner.
Shawn and Derek are AMAZING — there is no doubt about that. They have had some of my favorite routines of the season, but a couple things do bother me:
1) They have disregarded the rules by breaking form multiple times this season. I get that they want to entertain, but a big part of the competition is technique — the judges are there for a reason! You must respect the competition and the rules.
2) I also think Shawn has somewhat of an unfair advantage. Being an Olympic champion has conditioned her body for extreme stress — she was almost never out of breath after her grueling performances. Her amazing gymnastic ability to do flips and tricks plus her unbeatable flexibility definitely gave her an edge this season.
I know it’s not new that an athlete walks away with the trophy, but I think someone who doesn’t have formal training (like actress Kelly) has to work much harder to impress the judges and America. Melissa falls in the middle — she was once a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader — even so, she does not have the advantage of Shawn.
Melissa and Tony are the only pair left who have never won the trophy. On the first night of the two-night finale, they danced two perfect dances for a top score of 60/60.
Both have sustained scary injuries — Melissa, her neck and Tony, his back. They’ve pushed through and danced their hardest despite the pain.
Melissa and Tony have been drama-free all season (unlike Bristol Palin) and I think they have worked incredibly hard and deserve to win.
They have shown such an amazing range — from serious and sensual to flirty and fun. I really believe they were the underdogs in the beginning of the season, and in my eyes, they have earned their spot on the top of the podium.
Who do you think will win the trophy, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee
More Dancing News:
- ‘DWTS’ Gilles Marini Dances ‘Gangnam Style’ In A Towel
- Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough: Best Dance In 7 Years Of ‘DWTS’ — Video
- Taylor Swift On ‘DWTS’: She Looks So Flirty Performing In Short-Shorts