‘Once Upon A Time’ Recap: Snow & Charming Reunite — And It’s Hot

Sun, November 25, 2012 9:59pm EDT by 8 Comments
Once Upon A Time Season 2 Episode 8
Courtesy of ABC (2)

Plus, Cora & Hook hatch a wicked new plan — and I’m not-so-secretly rooting for them.

Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) finally ‘found each other’ again on the Nov. 25 episode of Once Upon A Timeeven if it wasn’t under the best circumstances. Unwilling to let Henry (Jared Gilmore) suffer from the flames anymore, Charming allowed Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle) and Regina (Lana Parrilla) to put a sleeping curse on him — because curses are apparently the cause and solution to every problem on this show.

But here’s the snag: Shortly after ‘reuniting’ in the fiery in-between world, Snow and Charming realized they couldn’t actually touch each other, which made the possibility of a kiss — well, pretty impossible. So Charming will remain cursed, while Snow and her questionable little-boy haircut must return to square one. Again.

Shortly before all of this dream nonsense went down, Cora (Barbara Hershey) revived everyone she had ‘killed’ at the base camp to attack the girls and kidnap Aurora (Sarah Bolger), who was an easy target — you know, due to her complete and utter uselessness in battle/life. And although Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) snuck into Cora’s dungeon and set Aurora free, he had a nasty little plan up his sleeve. His other sleeve. The one without the hook.

What the audience didn’t see — presumably while we were all entranced by Hook’s unparalleled beauty — was that Hook stole Aurora’s heart, which Cora used to put a few choice words into the narcoleptic princess’s mouth. Now Snow, Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Mulan (Jamie Chung) think Hook is one of the good guys. (See ya, compass!)

A few observations (but mostly judgments):

– When Hook told Cora he had a special surprise for her just below his belt, did anyone else get the uh-oh feeling?

– Am I the only one who got visibly giddy when Cora told Aurora there’s a chance she can see Prince Phillip (Julian Morris) again?

– And don’t pretend like you didn’t get excited when Rumpelstiltskin said the m-word: mermaid! (Don’t forget, Ariel will be on the show at some point.)

– How should we be referring to these characters now that they’re self-aware? Josh’s character was referred to as Charming and David this week, and it confused me.

What’s your take on this week’s episode? Do you think Hook really is as bad as he seems? And are you secretly rooting for Cora, like I am? Drop me a comment with your thoughts and theories!

— Andy Swift

Watch More ENTV Videos!

More Once Upon A Time on HollywoodLife.com:

1. ‘Once Upon A Time’: Are Sparks Flying Between Charming & Ruby?
  2. ‘Once Upon A Time’ Recap: Ruby Loses Control & Someone Dies
  3. ‘Once Upon A Time’ Recap: Henry’s Father Is Revealed & [Spoiler] Returns

Lucy

Posted at 10:20 AM on November 26, 2012

What a great episode, though I have a very bad feeling now that Aurora is under Cora’s control. It seems like she will be just the weapon that Cora needs to get back to Storybrooke. A coworker at DISH and I had been coming up with theories about how she would pull it off. It seems possible that she will ruin Emma and Snow’s chance and get there before them. I can only imagine the chaos she and Hook will ensue when they finally get what they want. I am so glad that even with my busy schedule, I still able to watch this episode with my DISH Hopper. The PrimeTime Anytime function automatically records the four major networks during primetime. I never worry about missing any of my favorite shows, and I get to watch them commercial free. These episodes seem like they are building towards something big. I can’t wait to see how it all plays out, in what looks like, an epic mid-season finale.

Andy Swift

Posted at 1:08 PM on November 26, 2012

Hopefully now that Cora is controlling Aurora, she’ll finally have a personality.

ZING!

kelsi

Posted at 8:49 AM on November 26, 2012

Love love love tbis show. I can believe next week is the mid season finale! Seems like it just started!

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:57 AM on November 26, 2012

Right? I can’t believe the season is (almost) halfway over.

Nat (@thatfilmgirl)

Posted at 8:43 AM on November 26, 2012

Aurora? Useless? Sorry but you don’t have to wield a sword to be strong. Tired of all the Aurora hate. Girl’s suffering from a serious case of PTSD. You try waking up after going to your death to find everything you ever loved be ripped away from you.

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:56 AM on November 26, 2012

When you’re in a survival situation like she is, not being able to fight makes her pretty useless. Also, she could probably lose a shawl or two to make her faster.

Billy

Posted at 10:51 PM on November 25, 2012

Love, love, LOVE Cora! Barbara Hershey plays her so well! I’m rooting for her :)

Andy Swift

Posted at 8:10 AM on November 26, 2012

Right? i’m not crazy for saying that. How could you root AGAINST her & Hook?