Larry Hagman Dead: ‘Dallas’ Star Dies Of Cancer At 81

Sat, November 24, 2012 8:34am EST by 7 Comments
Larry Hagman Dead
Courtesy of TNT

So sad. TV icon Larry Hagman lost his life on Friday Nov. 23 from complications of lung cancer.

Larry Hagman, a TV actor best known for his role as J.R. Ewing on Dallas, died on Friday Nov. 23.

Larry is survived by his wife of 54 years years, Maj Hagman, their two children and their grandchildren, according to People.

“When he passed, he was surrounded by loved ones,” his family said in a statement to the Dallas Morning News. “It was a peaceful passing, just as he had wished for. The family requests privacy at this time.”

“This is so sad. Larry was really someone who was loved by everyone,” Larry’s agent Joel Dean tells People. “Me especially. He was the most loving, wonderful, generous man. And he was a true trouper.”

In 2011, Larry announced he was diagnosed with stage 2 throat cancer. At the same time, Larry started filming the TNT reboot of Dallas, which is currently filming its second season. The show originally aired on CBS from 1978 to 1991.

“Larry was back in his beloved Dallas, re-enacting the iconic role he loved most,” added the family statement.

Dallas costars Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy were by Larry’s side when he passed away on Nov. 23.

Our thoughts go out to Larry’s family and friends during this difficult time.

— Chris Rogers

More Tragic Celebrity Deaths:

1. Whitney Houston Dead — Drugs Allegedly Found
  2. Leslie Carter Dead — ‘House of Carters’ Star Dies At 25, Drugs Suspected
  3. Amy Winehouse Dies At 27 — ‘Rehab’ Singer Found Dead In London Apartment

Aussie girl

Posted at 8:59 PM on November 25, 2012

R.I.P Larry. I loved you in I Dream Of Jeannie. But I also loved you in Dallas the old and the new. Wonder how they will write you (JR) out of new Dallas. You will be sadly missed. Dallas won’t seem the same without you.

Kandy

Posted at 1:21 AM on November 25, 2012

Miss you Larry, a fan since I Dream of Jeannie.

jessica

Posted at 6:08 PM on November 24, 2012

very sad

TRACY123

Posted at 5:10 PM on November 24, 2012

Really SAD!! Larry will always be remembered for I Dream of Jeanie and of course Dallas, but his memory will live on, we can all watch his work on repeats on TV. R.I.P. to a great guy!

AdamsLeo

Posted at 1:33 PM on November 24, 2012

up to I saw the draft which said $8697, I didnt believe that...my... sister had been actualey earning money in their spare time from their computer.. there aunts neighbour has been doing this 4 only twenty one months and a short time ago paid the morgage on there home and bought BMW 5-series. this is where I went, A­sk25.­­com

Toni

Posted at 1:18 PM on November 24, 2012

R.I.P. To a great actor. Thank you for many years of “Dallas” and the enjoyable drama

jack

Posted at 10:06 AM on November 24, 2012

RIP JR You were a fantastic actor and will be sorely missed.