A treat for all five senses — including taste, somehow — the final ‘Twilight’ movie is a must-see, even for Twi-softs like me!
All good things must come to an end, and the Twilight saga is certainly no exception. Edward (Robert Pattinson) and Bella (Kristen Stewart) face their final struggle in Breaking Dawn Part 2, which opens nationwide today, and you’d be a damn fool to miss out on the saga’s epic conclusion.
Here are the five reasons you need to get your butt to the nearest theater ASAP:
1. It’s a feast for the eyes: And no, I’m not talking about the special effects, which are actually kind of second-rate. I’m referring to the amount of skin we see in this final movie, which ranges from Edward and Bella’s crazy-hot sex scene, to Jacob’s little striptease in the woods. I won’t say who Jacob strips for, though. I’ll let that be a surprise!
2. It’s actually funny: We all know the basic concepts behind the Twilight saga — vampires, werewolves, magical babies, etc. — are ridiculous, and in this final installment, the characters finally poke fun at the absurdity of life in Forks! Special kudos go to Kellan Lutz and Taylor Lautner for their consistently excellent one-liners.
3. It’s got a crazy twist: You know that mind-blowing twist ending you’ve heard so much about? Well, no one is exaggerating. It’s bananas. When “it” happened, my entire theater erupted in shrieks. Not gasps. Shrieks!
4. It’s a tribute to fans: I’m admittedly not the biggest Twi-hard in the world, but if I was, I’d probably have wept through the final 10 minutes of the film. I’m talking ugly crying here, people. The ending provides a beautiful look back at Bella and Edward’s romantic journey, as well as the many unforgettable faces we’ve seen along the way.
5. It’s got Michael Sheen: I’ve decided to save the best for last, as Michael Sheen easily steals the entire movie with his hysterical-yet-terrifying portrayal of Volturi leader Aro. There’s one particular interaction between him and Renesmee that will fill you with so many strange emotions. Should you laugh? Should you cower in fear? Both? He’s that amazing.
Are you going to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 this weekend? Did you already see it? Drop me a comment with your thoughts on the final installment in the Twilight saga below!
— Andy Swift
More Breaking Dawn Part 2 on HollywoodLife.com